Super Mario Galaxy - $25 NEW @ Blockbuster

It's real. They come in display cases, though. So, I mean, it's still a great deal, but I myself would pass it up because it has a green label on it that says "DISPLAY ONLY Please See Cashier for Assistance." Mine also had Wario Land: Shake It!, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all at great prices. If you're looking for some DS games, they have good deals on those as well, and those are sealed, retail copies.

[quote name='smash bro']It's real. They come in display cases, though. So, I mean, it's still a great deal, but I myself would pass it up because it has a green label on it that says "DISPLAY ONLY Please See Cashier for Assistance." Mine also had Wario Land: Shake It!, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all at great prices. If you're looking for some DS games, they have good deals on those as well, and those are sealed, retail copies.[/quote]

My copy of SMG did NOT come in display cases, and why would they? The guy working behind the counter (my roommate actually) got my brand new sealed copy out of a drawer.

[quote name='smash bro']It's real. They come in display cases, though. So, I mean, it's still a great deal, but I myself would pass it up because it has a green label on it that says "DISPLAY ONLY Please See Cashier for Assistance." Mine also had Wario Land: Shake It!, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all at great prices. If you're looking for some DS games, they have good deals on those as well, and those are sealed, retail copies.[/quote]
They don't come in those display cases. Those are just place holders for the game. They don't have the space to put out all the actual new, sealed games, nor would they want to because of shoplifters. They keep the actual games behind the counter. $25 for SMG is a steal. They also sell Mario Party 8 for $27.99

Ah, well, I think at my Blockbuster they just give you the game disc because they had multiple boxes of the same game with the 'Display Only' label. If they were meant to be brought to the cashier, wouldn't they just put one out on the floor and not 3-4?

They also had multiple boxes on the floor at mine, and when I brought one to the cashier he exchanged it for a sealed retail copy behind the counter

Some people are just stupid... If the box says "display," what makes you think those are the real cases? The actual sealed games are behind the counter. All you have to do is bring the display case to the counter and they'll give you a sealed game.

Although this is one of the better deals, Blockbuster is also selling a number of other titles at for less than MSRP. Check the OP in the Blockbuster thread for a list. Quick examples: I bought Burnout Paradise for $20.99 and Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD for $32.99.

Someone mentioned Blockbuster accepts game trades for credit?

I didn't even know Blockbuster SOLD games. Haven't been in one for probably a couple of years.

they have completely changed, they are like an fye or sam goody now.

just take the display case up to the counter and say i want to buy this. they then turn around and open a drawer of sealed games and hand you a copy of the game you want. then you hand of payment and then leave having spent a fraction of what this game costs anywhere else.

on a side note this has been this cheap for a couple weeks now but it was posted in the blockbuster gamerush thread.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Someone mentioned Blockbuster accepts game trades for credit?

I didn't even know Blockbuster SOLD games. Haven't been in one for probably a couple of years.[/quote]

Yes, go peruse the BB/GR thread.

bread's done
Back