Unreal Tournament III (360/PS3 - Used) $13 with Free Shipping at GameFly: Now Live

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
This will be mine on PS3. I LOVE the PS3 version with the custom content. Custom skins, custom maps, custom gameplay types, custom everything. An absolute MUST HAVE on PS3.

At this price, I actually may get both versions.

Just out of curiosity, are the used games that Gamefly keeps selling so cheap in decent condition?

Or are you getting a paper envelope and a scratched up disc in the mail?

[quote name='Grinchy']Just out of curiosity, are the used games that Gamefly keeps selling so cheap in decent condition?

Or are you getting a paper envelope and a scratched up disc in the mail?[/quote]

Cough

[quote name='CheapyD']GameFly's used games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition[/quote]

The PS3 version has custom everything - skins, gameplay modes, maps, everything.. but there's no local multiplayer and the online play's not as.. populated.

The 360 one has split screen multiplayer and better online play (well, not better, but more popular)

It's your call.

As Cheaps said, GF sends 'em complete.. i've only had one out of the 11 or 12 games i've ordered from GF come a little scratched, and even then, it wasn't that bad. All of the others have looked new.

I suggest getting the 360 version if you want people to play with online, plus its worth more since it came out later. ;-) I already got the PS3 version few weeks ago when Fry's had them for $10 new. Like others have said, it can do custom pretty much everything like a PC version, even supports usb/bluetooth mouse/keyboard. But the online community is pretty bleh.

[quote name='CheapyD']Cough[/quote]

Really, youve run this site for how many years? Its a fact this happens on every deal thread PAGE

Hmmmm, I'm definitely tempted to grab the 360 version.

Edit: just as an observation, it looks like the only games that are going to get discounted are releases that came out on both the 360 and the PS3... that means Turok is definitely going to come up at some point ;)

I have never had problems using a prepaid visa for ordering anything, even one of the vanilla prepaids that wasn't registered to my name. So Yea, I'd say you can. Don't quote me on that though.

[quote name='Koopler']Is it worth it for those who only care about single player?[/QUOTE]

I got the Unreal Anthology for my PC and played some old school Unreal with bots for hours.

I played the PS3 version with friends and it was the same feeling: fun for a few hours, maybe once or twice a week.

I can't see myself playing this like Gears or Dragon Quest (that DS game is addictive...) but it is a great game to play after a long day of work. The killing is satisfying.

SO...yes it is well worth the single player.

Is it worth it for those who only care about single player?

If you count playing the multiplayer modes against strictly bots (which this series is famous for), then I'd say "Yes." I basically want it for an FPS to dick around with here and there that doesn't require me to interact with dicks. Plus, it looks really fuckin' good.

Wow, I actually almost posted *DEAD* untill I realized I might be an idiot like some people who don't read the OP....so I read it. :bouncy:

In for 1, I LOVE the UT Series so much!

I'm not complaining but....are they doing this everyday until Christmas or something? I would really like them to keep doing this because most of these are excellent deals. I'm going to buy this when it goes live :)

Thanks Cheapy D, looks like I'll be getting up early.
Gamefly hasn't screwed me in the past condition wise, and with the ability to burn games for the HD as long as it reads for the burn I'll be fine. I'll probably pick up a couple of copies for friends, so I might wake up at 4amish.

UPDATE: I messed up and wrote that the PS3 version will also be $12.99. This is an error! Only the 360 version will be on sale - SORRY!

[quote name='CheapyD']UPDATE: I messed up and wrote that the PS3 version will also be $12.99. This is an error! Only the 360 version will be on sale - SORRY!
[/quote]

It looks like the ps3 version is already at 12.99; which makes sense it is an older version.

[quote name='CheapyD']UPDATE: I messed up and wrote that the PS3 version will also be $12.99. This is an error! Only the 360 version will be on sale - SORRY!
[/quote]

Yeah the PS3 version hit 12.99, price drop then? Because it was around 15-16, I remember because I was looking to pick up this and army of two and they cost about the same.

It's not part of the deal then? I might just wait if it isnt, see it hits 10 bucks.

dang.. it. did i miss it? it's showing up 4 $19.99 & then $17.99 with my discount. i would of bought it for $13.00. bucks. shoot i was to late.

Yeah, the PS3 version is already $12.99, but no free shipping. Apparently, there aren't very many in stock so its not worth promoting. Again, sorry for the mixup.

lol @ people not even reading the thread title.

I'm gonna give my wallet a break and pass on this one.

hahaha.. Thanks Monsta Mack...sorry.. just got back from the pub... lol thanks bro.. & Sorry Cheapy...& thanks for the post. i'll be all over this like white on rice..

Was tempted at 13 bucks for the ps3 version, but with shipping, I guess I'll wait out for the next one.

Did I just hear my wallet sigh with relief?

I had it for 360, just traded it in to Gamestop actually. It's an OK game, it's just that there are a half-dozen shooters that are better. I'd say only get it if none of those are your thing.

Yep, the PS3 version was updated with free shipping. Mine!

//edit: gah, tax. It's this same price at work. I'll just get it there.

bread's done
Back