Games for 10 Year Old Girls

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I have 2 sisters, one is 10, one is 12. I'm scouting good DS games for them. Now, I'm looking for experience from CAGs. I don't just want "lol pick barbie". I'd like people to post who have 10 year old sisters/daughters, or who have played a game that would be suitable for a girl that age. They're getting bored of their DSs lately, and I want to try to re-kindle their love. :lol: Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Brain Age 1 or 2
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime
Harvest Moon
Mario Kart
Tetris
Princess Peach

That should get you started

Animal Crossing Wild World

I got the "My Fashion Studio" game for my 12 year-old and she said it was pretty good, though she hasn't put much time into it. It actually got pretty decent reviews (check IGN for one, I think). Just make sure you don't get the other one (the Imagine one I think) as that is supposed to be terrible.

Frankly, though, my daughter has lost interest in almost all game playing the last year or so. I am getting her one of the ice blue DS's for Christmas, though, in the hope that her having her own DS will spur her to play at least a few things I got for her in the past. She just got a 4.0 in her first quarter of Middle School so she can afford to game a bit more than she does ;). She's always had to share a DS with my 2 boys before so that has hampered things a bit (though, really, none of them play it very often).

But otherwise dcswirl's suggestions are good too.

Princess Debut is definitely one of the best "games for girls" on DS, and in fact, is actually one of the most overlooked games on the system in general.

It's basically a light prince-and-princess fantasy dating game combined Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, except with ballroom dancing. It's a quality game (developed by Cave, who is an AWESOME developer), with nice art, surprisingly interesting music (various interpretations of classical standards), and noticeable production values (the dance routines are motion-captured from professional dancers). The storylines are cute and charming with well-written dialogue, the characters have personality, and it has over a dozen endings and a bunch of unlockables, so there's plenty of replay value. And unlike that heinous Bratz and Barbie and Imagine bullshit (and most "girl games" in general), it is not insulting in the slightest.

So, yeah. Not only would I recommend it as one of the best games-for-girls on the DS, I'd seriously recommend it to anyone who isn't completely repelled by the concept, as it's a genuine overlooked gem of a game. One of the better-kept secrets on the DS, if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
DS:
-New Super Mario Bros
-Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
-Nintendogs
-The Sims 2
-Super princess Peach
-Yoshis Island 2
-Kirby Superstar Ultra
-Elite Beat Agents
-Tetris DS
-lego Star Wars 2 (My Sister Loves It)
-Mario Kart DS
-diddy Kong Racing DS
-Super Mario 64 DS
-Feel The Magic XY/XX
-Warioware:Touched
-Hannah Monata
-Big Brain Academy
-Brain Age 1 And 2
-Harry Potter And the order of the phoenix

GBA:
-Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen
-Kirby Nightmare in dreamland
-Super Mario Advance 1-4
-Simpsons Road Rage (My sister Loved This Game)
-Namco Museum
-Spongebob:Atlantis Squarepantis
-Drill Dozer (Get her in to a good game for once)
-Super Mario Bros (Classic NES Series)

(Do Not get her high school musical for DS Or GBA Get Her Elite Beat Agents Instead)

I agree with probably most of the suggestions. But the most importantly, get them a great game, it'll teach 'em both the value of an excellent one compared to something crappy like High School Musical, or American Girl: Julie Pulls a Lever Sending Two People to Death by Chainsaw.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I agree with probably most of the suggestions. But the most importantly, get them a great game, it'll teach 'em both the value of an excellent one compared to something crappy like High School Musical, or American Girl: Julie Pulls a Lever Sending Two People to Death by Chainsaw.[/quote]

Thanks For Listening To Me.

I Hope She will like what I reccomend Her

And Also:Guitar Hero On tour

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Princess Debut is definitely one of the best "games for girls" on DS, and in fact, is actually one of the most overlooked games on the system in general.

It's basically a light prince-and-princess fantasy dating game combined Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, except with ballroom dancing. It's a quality game (developed by Cave)[/quote]

Holy fuck!!! That was devloped by Cave?!? I'll play it on that note :)

I vote for Princess Debut too. My 11 year old has played thru it 3 times.

- Imagine Figure Skater is by the same dev team as Princess Debut, and is pretty decent for an Imagine game
- Animal Crossing - cannot recommend this enough
- Nintendogs
- Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - you can be a girl in this one, so that is a big deal
- Magical Starsign - you can also be a girl in this one, nice light RPG
- High School the Musical Making the Cut (1) is worthwhile for any little girl, but avoid the 2nd one like the plague. Mine has not played the 3rd one, but my understanding is that 3 is a variant of 1. Making the Cut has some great dress-up (Wombat fun), and is a slimmed down copy of Elite Beat Agents. Like EBA it has lots of unlockables, and it is not that bad. Looney Tunes Concert Concerto is pretty poor though. EBA is preferred, but she would likely appreciate HStM 1 more, and as I mentioned, it is not that bad.
- Harvest Moon Island of Happiness

My 10yo (actually, she won't be ten for another month) is currently playing the Prince of Persia game that we got for ten bucks at Best Buy, my copy of Final Fantasy III (which I need to get back so I can finish it!), and a bunch of games with dogs.

bread's done
Back