Garfield: Caught in the Act, A review on one of the Fat Cat's games (Sega Genesis)

chronodev

CAGiversary!
System: Sega Genesis
Title: Garfield: Caught in the Act
Publisher: Sega/Paws Inc.
Circa: 1995
Overall Rating: 90%

Intro

Most everyone is familiar with the number one Fat Cat Garfield. Renowned star of the daily comic strip running for 30 years now! This is one of the few games that Garfield has been featured in. It was the first game I personally knew Garfield to be featured in and one that I've enjoyed for many years.

Story

Garfield broke the TV! (I know, hard to believe, but blame Odie) He takes it on himself to repair the thing and somewhat succeeds. In typical fashion, this results in something bad emerging from the TV, Glitch, who then grabs Garfield who must navigate through several late-night movies to face Glitch and escape from the TV.

Gameplay

The game was made to appeal to a younger audience and it shows in its design and execution. Even without the manual its pretty easy to learn what to do and how the game works. I remember buying this game from EB games, it was actually the first game I ever reserved, and just saving my allowance for weeks to get it. I had to convince my parents to get me there on the day it came out (unfortunately, it was a short drive and I had no idea at all how to get there using the Public Transit System and biking there was right out of the question). Odie features as well in the game, mostly as the Level Boss, like in the first level where he appears as Count Slobula...

Continued at:
Garfield: Caught in the Act, A review on one of the Fat Cat's games

This is an awesome game, one of only a few Genesis games I actually finished. Never got to play the Sega Gamegear version though.

bread's done
Back