PS3 Internet Browser vs Wii Internet Browser?

Perfect*Ending

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Which console has the better internet browser: PS3 or Wii? Any why?

I'm looking for one.

A shame the 360 doesn't have one. I think it's pretty handy to play a game, take a quick break, and check out CAG right from the console. Could be very convenient.

You're looking for one? As in to purchase?

The PS3 browser is free and built in to the system. I occasionally use it. Recently they've updated some of the problems that existed with Hulu/Youtube. Other than that, it works as intended for the most part. Once you get familiar with the controls (and the zoom), then it's rather easy to use.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I'm just looking for the better browser on either the PS3 or Wii. I know the Wii's isn't free, but which is better overall?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 allows for a higher resolution and works pretty well for streaming. You can also use a keyboard with the PS3. I tried the Wii Browser when it was first released, but have not touched it since. The low resolution hinders its usability.

[quote name='antifood']The PS3 allows for a higher resolution and works pretty well for streaming. You can also use a keyboard with the PS3. I tried the Wii Browser when it was first released, but have not touched it since. The low resolution hinders its usability.[/QUOTE]

You can also use a USB keyboard with the Wii browser. However, the PS3 allows mouse use whereas the Wii does not.

I like the Wii browser a little better, navigation is easier with the remote. Also am not a big fan of the netfront browser that the PS3/PSP use.

However, I only use the console browsers casually, to show someone youtube videos on my television, or quickly check news/forum posts. So it depends on what you want to use console web access for. I know I'd want a mouse if I were using my console as primary access to the web.

[quote name='Catchpenny']You can also use a USB keyboard with the Wii browser. However, the PS3 allows mouse use whereas the Wii does not.
[/QUOTE]

I did not know you can now use a keyboard with the Wii, thanks for the info.

ps3 browser is better technically, but I prefer using the wiimote to surf the web and type things. For some reason the text seems abnormally small on the ps3 when typing, and the ps3 controller is no keyboard obviously. Ps3 also allows you to watch more flash stuff like hulu, which I don't think the Wii can do yet. Can't forget that ps3 does hd, not possible with the Wii. So overall ps3.

Both pale in comparison to what you would experience on a mac or pc...but you probably knew that. Prepare for countless crashes and videos not working properly at times on both.

bread's done
Back