Saints Row 2

Sinistar

CAGiversary!
Anybody get this? I did a search and didn't see a thread for it.
I got a copy from GameFly over the weekend and wanted to see if any CAG is up for multiplayer & co-op.

Great game but can't do the poop shooting part at all. Right now I''m just past the part where you get your gang hangout. Did a few missions to recruit some new blood. Don't really care for the multiplayer but the basic game is good.

Got this game recently but not sure when I'm going to pop it in. The tidbits I see people talk about make me crack up on my own. Insurance fraud, poop shooting, tea bagging? ;)

[quote name='Breakpoint']I got this but started all my trophy games. Its supposed to be great, but I wish it had trophies![/quote]
LOL, that's exactly why I'm not playing it right now. I'm hoping by the time I finish BioShock and Far Cry 2 it will be patched.

I was going to get it when it first released, however I passed, because I feel I should finish GTA IV first. Also, I don't think the game has trophies, so I figure I should wait and see if a patch ever comes.

Picked this up a couple of days ago and so far it's awesome! I couldn't believe it when i heard Opeth being played on the metal station. "Ghost of Perdition" being in this game makes it 100x's better!!!

Haven't tried out the co-op yet, but add me if you want to play sometime.

^ I've beaten this game senseless; 120 hours and counting... Do the activities before tackling the story; the rewards make the game that much easier/better/more ridiculous.

[quote name='candy-o']Is It Better Than Part 1[/quote]

Yes.

I didn't really care for the first one and I gave up on it fairly quickly. The second one is a blast. Stupid and gross, but tons of fun.

Played some more over the weekend, mostly insurance fraud up to level 5 (still getting used to manipulating the adrenaline physics) and the ambulance mini-game too. I like that you can unlock these things without putting in a whole days worth of gaming (I'm looking at you GTA). All in all, I think I'll be spending a lot of time on this game and it's a lot of what I had been hoping GTA was going to be. It's obviously not as polished and takes itself a lot less seriously but those are good things IMO.

I had this from Gamefly but had to return it because I was playing it too much. I'll probably get it at some point.

I splurged and bought it. Again.

I've beaten the single-player but I want to do a lot more of the side missions/co-op/multiplayer stuff.

bmachine I'm close I got about 45 hrs into it. I'm enjoying the side missions, gotta love insurance fraud. I haven't played it in about 3 weeks and I was thinking about playing some tonight at around 8pm pst so if you wanna play hit me up.

[quote name='kube00']bmachine I'm close I got about 45 hrs into it. I'm enjoying the side missions, gotta love insurance fraud. I haven't played it in about 3 weeks and I was thinking about playing some tonight at around 8pm pst so if you wanna play hit me up.[/quote]

My new copy won't be delivered until Thursday. I'll hit you up when it gets here!

This game monopolized my whole weekend and it's an absolute blast. Completely blows GTA IV out of the water as far as I don't feel like it's a chore to do anything so far. I hope the territory attacks are minimal, but I've done mostly activities and probably the first mission or so on each gang.

There is a patch for version 1.20. Any one know what it's for??? I played last night and tonight. So I know it was updated today.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Hows the online?[/quote]

Haven't done any of the multiplayer stuff, but the zombie shootout and co-op missions are a lot of fun.

Got the amazon.com CE version but haven't opened it yet due to killzone addiction. Thinking of getting into it over the weekend. How many players does the multi player have? Is co-op only 2 player?

[quote name='tenchi']Is co-op only 2 player?[/quote]

Yes, but you can pick up some NPC homies to fill any empty seats in your vehicle.

Grrrr.. somehow my save file got corrupted and my stats are reset everytime it loads. I'm about 20 hours in and just finished the Samedi missions (took forever to find the mall exit).

[quote name='shadowkast']There is a patch for version 1.20. Any one know what it's for??? I played last night and tonight. So I know it was updated today.[/quote]
BUMP

Also, is there no Official Saint's Row 2 thread here in the PS3 forums????

Compared to GTA:SA, which felt like the territory attacks happened every ten minutes, it's much better. It was something along the lines of after every other mission there was a territory attack. However, I DID generally play through the story missions without really screwing around...I suppose there's a chance that it's actually a time-based thing rather than event based.

Still, I didn't feel like I would gain a territory and then five minutes later have to retake another.

hah I finally got my own copy again from goozex so if anyone is still up for playing some muiltiplayer, I'm up for it, just PM me or catch me on PSN or xfire. :)

I just finished 100% on GTAIV (I've never really taken the time to do it for any of the series). I've heard so much talk about this that I am definitely curious. The game just looks...fun.

So the worst part is AI pathfinding and lame characters?

How good is the Zombie Uprising mini game?

Ugh, I probably won't ever get it because of no trophies.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I just finished 100% on GTAIV (I've never really taken the time to do it for any of the series). I've heard so much talk about this that I am definitely curious. The game just looks...fun.

Ugh, I probably won't ever get it because of no trophies.[/quote]

Your loss then. XD

I traded my GTA IV copy for SR 2 and I'm having more fun with it then I did with GTA IV.

[quote name='Sinistar']Your loss then. XD

I traded my GTA IV copy for SR 2 and I'm having more fun with it then I did with GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

damn, seeing you say that makes me want SR2 but I really want some trophies... for this game. Maybe if the DLC has its own set of trophies, I'll go ahead and pick it up. Or... I'll just wait until the greatest hits version comes out.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Which version is better? 360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

I've heard this game and Red Faction have issues on PS3 .

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I asked two questions.[/quote]

Oh the Zombie Uprising game is pretty fun. I only played it a couple times co-op with bmachine. I heard when you beat it you get a zombie costume for your avatar lol. Not sure how many levels there are.

Anyone have problem joining co-op?

My friend rented the game last night, so I tried to join his game and when I went to the co-op or join menu, the PS3 would just freeze.. I could not even go back to the XMB.. I had to reboot.. but when I was playing, he was able to join my game just fine..

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone have problem joining co-op?
[/quote]

Sin, when you and I played together right after Xmas it worked fine...kube00 and I played together a few weeks back and we had a bitch of a time connecting to each other. Once we did, the VOIP was a mess, too.

[quote name='bmachine']Sin, when you and I played together right after Xmas it worked fine...kube00 and I played together a few weeks back and we had a bitch of a time connecting to each other. Once we did, the VOIP was a mess, too.[/quote]

OK I figured out what happened. I read this on the SR forums.. My online profile file got corrupted, so I deleted it from the data (not my auto save game file), it says online profile data.. Well i deleted that and it works great now.. :)

does anyone know what the version update about a month ago was??? my post got pushed backed. Were they just updating way early to prepare for the upcoming DLC???

Another question: Do any of you call your 'homies' on your phone. Every time I've tried they aren't there so I never looked up what they do or cared to try again. made it 98% through the game without them, oh well.

[quote name='shadowkast']does anyone know what the version update about a month ago was??? my post got pushed backed. Were they just updating way early to prepare for the upcoming DLC???

Another question: Do any of you call your 'homies' on your phone. Every time I've tried they aren't there so I never looked up what they do or cared to try again. made it 98% through the game without them, oh well.[/quote]

I've found that whether or not I get answers when I call for a homie or taxi, ect, it depends on if I'm close to a road or not if they answer. I don't know what the logic would be otherwise.

bread's done
Back