Fallout 3 collectors Edition (360 / PS3) $59.99 at amazon.com

I'm waiting for the inevitable price plummet of the SE, even though, the ShitBoy 3000 is made out of Chinese low-quality lead-covered plastics.

Awesome. Another instance where waiting mere weeks after release, the CE is the same price as the regular edition.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='cleaver']Great CE; the standard by which all others are now judged.[/quote]

It's a good CE, but I like when the collector's edition throws in things like free games. MGS3 Subsistence with the first two Metal Gear games, Doom 3 for xbox with the original doom, Wind Waker, etc.

I'll wait to see if it drops a little more. The bobble head is freaking awesome.

Thanks OP, in for one for free w/ my $60 reward cert I got for buying 60GB 360 a week ago. Maybe ill sell this on ebay for 60-70.

Sold this and the 2 free games that came with the 360 and my new total is 199 for the 60 gig holiday bundle, YAY!

[quote name='paddlefoot']It's a good CE, but I like when the collector's edition throws in things like free games. MGS3 Subsistence with the first two Metal Gear games, Doom 3 for xbox with the original doom, Wind Waker, etc.

I'll wait to see if it drops a little more. The bobble head is freaking awesome.[/quote]

You're right, but I have one little correction. The standard MGS3 Subsistence had MG and MG2. The limited edition's third disc contained the cutscenes cut together into a movie.

[quote name='SCDallas']Thanks OP, in for one for free w/ my $60 reward cert I got for buying 60GB 360 a week ago. Maybe ill sell this on ebay for 60-70.

Sold this and the 2 free games that came with the 360 and my new total is 199 for the 60 gig holiday bundle, YAY![/quote]Man if I were you I would save that $60 for something that you want. Selling the game on eBay is not worth the hassle. IMO of course, you do whatever the hell you want to do.

[quote name='beerme']Is it worth it?[/quote]

The game itself is worth $60 alone. I got the lunchbox and bobblehead at work and they look great. Lunchbox is your standard lunchbox, a bit on the small side but still functional if you want it to be. The bobblehead is a little on the cheap side (plastic), but a very neat item to have on your desk. The artbook is a nice read as well. I haven't dived into the making of dvd, but I'll do that after I finish the game. I'm 35 hours in and am still working my way through the main quest/side quests. My friend has 60 hours in and hasn't touched the main quest past getting out of the vault. Easily a 60-100 hour game.

I just sold Fallout 3 for PS3 on ebay for 42 bucks ... not to say you couldn't, but I would be shocked if the CE went for $70 on ebay ... maybe 55 or 60 but then you're just breaking even. Just a thought

I don't think I'll pre-order CEs from Amazon ever again. :p

At least, not for games released in the Fall/pre-Thanksgiving period.

i'm glad i waited. I put this in the cart last night and told myself I would wait until I received my gift card first. I hope it keeps going down.

Well, now that you have the lunch box, all you need is a cherry bomb, a sensor module, and ten bottlecaps. After that, you'll be able to do massive damage!

I bought this game at retail and love every minute of it! If you only have little money left and want to spend on a game that will last you a long long time, get this!

I'll wait for this to drop to $39.99 or less. So soon after release and it's this cheap? I contemplated it at $67.99 recently but with Amazon's new priceless-guarantee, I'm more hesitant to bite the bullet.

[quote name='Caliburn']I'll wait for this to drop to $39.99 or less. So soon after release and it's this cheap? I contemplated it at $67.99 recently but with Amazon's new priceless-guarantee, I'm more hesitant to bite the bullet.[/QUOTE]

You and me both.

I'm always watching for the next discount. Their new pricing policy has made me evaluate each deal under much closer scrutiny than before.

two nights ago I decided it was pointless to wait on a drop for Tales of Vesperia Premium, watch it fall soon as well..

My guess is the CE will stay at this price for a while, I don't even think the norm will hit 40 again for a few months at least.

Thats just a guess but if I had to i'd probably bet on it....hell I bit on it so In a way I did.

I can;t justify paying 60 for any game. I actually refuse to pay the now standard 59.99 for "next gen" games. CE or not. 60 is just to much when price drops are the norm for videogames and all games can be had new or used months and months later for a lot less.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']I can;t justify paying 60 for any game. I actually refuse to pay the now standard 59.99 for "next gen" games. CE or not. 60 is just to much when price drops are the norm for videogames and all games can be had new or used months and months later for a lot less.[/quote]

Same here. Prices come down quick.

[quote name='Caliburn']I contemplated it at $67.99 recently but with Amazon's new priceless-guarantee, I'm more hesitant to bite the bullet.[/QUOTE]I can usually wait for price drops, but I bit the bullet last night because I love the Fallout series and didn't really want to wait anymore. So *of course* they drop it the next day :p I reordered it today under the assumption I'll be able to refuse the package coming. I wish Amazon had kept their post-order price guarantee...

for those who think this is going to drop further.... good luck for the next couple years. I bought this game at launch, CE (fuck the amazon edition +50$ for a cheapo crap clock). Totally worth it. YOu can read what the bonuses are. I like the bobble head and the lunchbox looks sweet (currently sitting above my TV while i play the game).

Amazing game.... great price.... DLC is due next month (commie killing anyone?)... and the price for the CE isn't going to get much better than this any time soon.

do it. do it now, do it hard.

This makes me wonder if the Amazon exclusive would see a drop too? Anyways, this is still a great price for the CE.

The only thing I'm disappointed by these sudden price drops are that they show all of these "collector's" and "limited" edition games aren't very limited. I do like buying collector's/limited when possible for the extras, but they aren't very collectible or limited making them not so special. The last true collector's edition I remember is Call of Duty 4. That sold out quick. I was lucky I grabbed a copy off of Newegg before it sold out.

unless you're gonna sell it, what's it matter how collectible it is? If you like the extras, that should be all that matters. With how often they are doing collectors and limited edition stuff anymore, it's almost a given, that it's not really that limited.

[quote name='kidrocklive']unless you're gonna sell it, what's it matter how collectible it is? If you like the extras, that should be all that matters. With how often they are doing collectors and limited edition stuff anymore, it's almost a given, that it's not really that limited.[/QUOTE]

Its good to have these around than not at all. It was pretty rare to see a collector's or limited edition version of a game in the US. Japan got most of that good stuff, even for US made games they received a collector's or limited edition of the sort.

Great deal

smile.gif
smile.gif

bread's done
Back