UPS Battery Backup $30 Shipped from CircuitCity.com

Thanks for the post! In for 2!
I was just complaining about the crappy BB brand ups I have to my wife. It didn't even keep my computer on the last time the power went out. The APC ups on my older computer is years old and catches every brown/blackout without issue.

i ordered two of these the other day..

not the best but $30 is a nice price... its kept my pc on during power surges a few times.

That's a fantastic price; ordered 2 as well.

I would've preferred in-store pickup, but that option kept bouncing me to a store 60 miles away when I have two within a 5 miles radius. Go figure.

Free shipping though, so I should get it before Christmas.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I know very little about these, so ca someone fill me in? Funny I read this topic as we had a 4 hour blackout last night!

Can I attach my refrigerator? I'd rather not take a chance losing food.

Also, will this save me my modem/wireless box? Can I use internet when everyone else has no power?

[quote name='dcgm']I know very little about these, so ca someone fill me in? Funny I read this topic as we had a 4 hour blackout last night!

Can I attach my refrigerator? I'd rather not take a chance losing food.

Also, will this save me my modem/wireless box? Can I use internet when everyone else has no power?[/QUOTE]

Yes you should be able to use wireless internet, as long as you have power to the device, such as DSL modem is hooked up and router is too, then u can use a laptop to connect wireless. I've done it befpre during blackouts and internet works.

I don't know if refrigerators will work with this product at all, i wouldnt think it will be a good thing either, as it uses more power than PC.

Cool, thanks. What about refrigerators? lol I'm dead serious. I'm wondering about voltage issues? Or do I not know what I'm talking about.

[quote name='dcgm']Can I attach my refrigerator? I'd rather not take a chance losing food.[/quote]

ROFL'd.

As much as that sounds like a good idea, I think you'd need a gasoline-powered generator to power a fridge. Best advice: Don't open the fridge until the power is back on and everything should stay cold.

UPS's only last for about 1 hour at the most in general. The main purpose of them is togive you a few minutes to stop what you're doing and save all of your progress/work. Imagine working on a term paper for 5 hours and have all of your work lost because someone plugs a Griddler and Fry Daddy into the same outlet as your computer, blowing the fuse...

Hmm, good point. I use a laptop and I'm obsessive about saving work sooo...probably not for me hehe.

Although still in for 1 for the modem/router.

yea no way this would handle a fridge... i have one on my monster pc and it kept it up when the power went out.

i bought another one to connect to my tv, receiver, 360, ps3, etc.. Lets see how it handles that test

bread's done
Back