• Dramatic moments pack a punch
  • Bucks many action adventure conventions
  • May encourage pyromania.
The bad:

• Some lingering control issues whether you're on foot or behind the wheel
  • Riddled with visual inconsistencies

[quote name='shrike4242']Holy crap, that dropped quickly.[/quote]

Yup -- and perfect timing, too! If a local GameStop has a used copy this weekend, then I'll snatch it with the B2G1 deal.

It'll go lower. Alone in the dark is destined for the Bargain Bin, no matter what system it's one.

This version of the game was supposed to be a big improvement over the 360/Wii version. I guess the stigma was too much to overcome.

[quote name='shrike4242']Holy crap, that dropped quickly.[/QUOTE]
IMO, Alone in the Dark, in addition to Eternal Sonata and Bioshock, should have been released at a bargain price in the first place. It's the least they could do for making PS3 owners wait 6-12 months for a port, regardless of whether the ports have "extras" or whatever. Anyway, I'll wait till Amazon price matches since I have a GC there.

[quote name='mxpowar']IMO, Alone in the Dark, in addition to Eternal Sonata and Bioshock, should have been released at a bargain price in the first place. It's the least they could do for making PS3 owners wait 6-12 months for a port, regardless of whether the ports have "extras" or whatever. Anyway, I'll wait till Amazon price matches since I have a GC there.[/quote]
And don't forget Overlord. Which was selling for ~15 when the PS3 version launched for 60.

[quote name='opportunity777']Fastest 50% drop on a PS3 game ever? I know Beowulf was quick, but I think this was even faster.[/QUOTE]

Hrm. 24 days to drop $20. This game actually released for $50 on the PS3.
I think NFL Blitz 2 dropped $20 in 14 days.

[quote name='opportunity777']Fastest 50% drop on a PS3 game ever? I know Beowulf was quick, but I think this was even faster.[/quote]

I think legendary was faster, dropped to 29.99 a couple of days after it released at 59.99.

[quote name='earvcunanan']

The good:

The bad:

[/quote]

In case anyone's wondering, the answer to everything in this game is fire. I'd like to say I'm joking, but sadly I'm not. Only beaten the 360 version, but from what I've heard on the improvements in this version, it's still not really fixed. Not worth it at this price.

It's an acquired taste that really lives a bitter taste in your mouth. Even with Max Payne himself doing the main voice over I struggled to finish the game and burn all the roots, but it wasn't too hard to get 1000/1000 (should I even be proud of that, lol.) on the 360. Jared cracks me up with his constant swearing. I was hoping for bullet time but the closest thing I got to that was chucking a moltov and shooting it near a Humanz.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It's an acquired taste that really lives a bitter taste in your mouth. Even with Max Payne himself doing the main voice over I struggled to finish the game and burn all the roots, but it wasn't too hard to get 1000/1000 (should I even be proud of that, lol.) on the 360. Jared cracks me up with his constant swearing. I was hoping for bullet time but the closest thing I got to that was chucking a moltov and shooting it near a Humanz.[/quote]

The roots are bad, but the driving sequences are horrible. Checkpoints in the PS3 version should help, but I bet you'll still have to go through that crap numerous times.

bread's done
Back