Steam: Team Fortress 2 (PC) - $9.99

fantastic price. if you want a fun competitive multiplayer experience, $10 for TF2 will satisfy for years to come. they still have 6 more class updates to release!

(thank GOD for the demoman nerf, you can now shoot up their stickies)

[quote name='carpwrist']There are people with computers that don't own TF2 already? do they look like this: :dunce: ?[/quote]

Um, not everyone is into competitive multiplayer games. If I wanted to get into sports (which is what that genre of game is), I'd go outside. Some people do prefer single-player games with stories (crazy, I know).

/has every game in The Orange Box except TF2. I'm sure it's at the top of its genre, just not interested.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Bump for getting everyone's attention.

Better than Halo.

Better than CoD.

Better than L4D.[/QUOTE]

This for sure.

I have about 100 hours logged in to this game. Just joined a clan and am now getting in to competitive play. Great game.

You are loose cannon sandvich, but a damn good cop!

[quote name='Nohbdy']Bump for getting everyone's attention.

Better than Halo.

Better than CoD.

Better than L4D.[/quote]

I'll agree with the first one, but the second two made me lol. I hated TF2. I love CoD4 and L4D though.

Worth every penny.

[quote name='aerozero']When does the sale end?[/QUOTE]

The weekend deals usually end at 12:01am PST Monday.

[quote name='Vegan']Um, not everyone is into competitive multiplayer games. If I wanted to get into sports (which is what that genre of game is), I'd go outside. Some people do prefer single-player games with stories (crazy, I know).

/has every game in The Orange Box except TF2. I'm sure it's at the top of its genre, just not interested.[/quote]

You know I've heard that some people can enjoy both single and multi player games.

And I'm confused as to why you call this a sports genre? Sports games are in the sport genre, you can't run around shooting and firing explosives at your friends in real life (well, you can, but I wouldn't recommend it)

TF2 is the best online FPS I've ever played. Logged over 100 hours, mostly as a bastard demo (though he still needs some more nerfs IMHO). The new engy update is fantastic (must. build. level. three. everything.)

[quote name='Vegan']Um, not everyone is into competitive multiplayer games. If I wanted to get into sports (which is what that genre of game is), I'd go outside. Some people do prefer single-player games with stories (crazy, I know).

/has every game in The Orange Box except TF2. I'm sure it's at the top of its genre, just not interested.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat--I find story-based games to be more rewarding than just shooting other people.

[quote name='redlupine']And I'm confused as to why you call this a sports genre? Sports games are in the sport genre, you can't run around shooting and firing explosives at your friends in real life (well, you can, but I wouldn't recommend it)[/quote]

A sport is a short competitive game that you play over and over in matches, as opposed to a game that you experience once and has progress and an ending. Multiplayer games like Deathmatch and Capture the Flag seriously are sports, despite the lack of exhaustive physical activity (though dexterity is involved). You could play a game like that for a lifetime and have nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

I'm sure it's a fine game; I have every other Valve game, I just find the idea boring, and I dislike the implication that I'm a dunce for being a PC gamer who isn't interested in TF2. There's such little difference between an FPS level and an FPS arena, but it's still a make-it-or-break-it difference for a lot of people.

Get this if you don't have it. Plain and simple. Oh, and yes - PC >>> 360.

The 360 version is probably not even worth after you've played the PC version. Valve doesn't do a horrible job on the Xbox but the PC version is amazing. Lag free 32 player games on dedicated servers with controls that work and the game running smooth on even quite limited PCs... FTW.

This game is really great. I'm with everyone else that recommended you buy this. For 10 bucks you are getting an incredible value.

Have been thinking about getting this for weeks, didn't because I have way too much backlog... but this... can not resist!
Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='AwRy108']I'm in the same boat--I find story-based games to be more rewarding than just shooting other people.[/QUOTE]

/has every game in The Orange Box except TF2. I'm sure it's at the top of its genre, just not interested.[/QUOTE]

There is the Medic and Engineer class. They're both support characters that can make/break battles without ever firing a shot.

I understand avoiding competition, that's why I don't play RTS' online anymore. When I lose it always feels like there's someone on the net who is training day and night with the sole purpose of kicking my ass in Starcraft.

The only "$9.99" and "Team Fortress 2" deal *I* want to see is that content pack for the 360! (Orange Box never comes out of my 360 anymore.)

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']I dont have a good enough PC to run TFC2. :([/QUOTE]

TF2's spec requirements are so low, it blows my mind. Just run it in DX8

i cant decide to get this or wait for the orange box to go on sale ><
i had orange box(360) and already beat portal though

[quote name='Vegan']A sport is a short competitive game that you play over and over in matches, as opposed to a game that you experience once and has progress and an ending. Multiplayer games like Deathmatch and Capture the Flag seriously are sports, despite the lack of exhaustive physical activity (though dexterity is involved). You could play a game like that for a lifetime and have nothing to show for it at the end of the day.[/quote]
By your logic then if I like Counter Strike then I should just go out and shoot a bunch of people instead. Or go steal cars like in GTA.

Like that others said you can't do any of the stuff you do in TF2 in real life. I think you forgot what video games are for: entertainment in a virtual world.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']TF2's spec requirements are so low, it blows my mind. Just run it in DX8[/quote]
You forgot that there's people that have $500 PC's they bought from walmart... 5 years ago.

[quote name='Evi1d33d']By your logic then if I like Counter Strike then I should just go out and shoot a bunch of people instead. Or go steal cars like in GTA.

Like that others said you can't do any of the stuff you do in TF2 in real life. I think you forgot what video games are for: entertainment in a virtual world.
[/quote]

No one said you could do what you do in TF2 in real life. I think you missed the point. The point is that it's boring, you just do matches over and over again.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So if I get this on my laptop - I can also play it on my desktop? Steam lets you do that right?[/QUOTE]

You mean at the same time? I think you'll have to make an extra Steam account in order to do that.

[quote name='carpwrist']You mean at the same time? I think you'll have to make an extra Steam account in order to do that.[/quote]

No I just meant in case I wanted to play on either at different times. I use my laptop for every day stuff - desktop for games. Don't know if I need to go power on the desktop and buy it on there or if Steam is cool like that and let's me buy it on the laptop and still play it on the desktop. I just got steam yesterday for the free peggles game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No I just meant in case I wanted to play on either at different times. I use my laptop for every day stuff - desktop for games. Don't know if I need to go power on the desktop and buy it on there or if Steam is cool like that and let's me buy it on the laptop and still play it on the desktop. I just got steam yesterday for the free peggles game.[/quote]

Yea, you can do that because steam lets you play your games on any computer as long as you are logged in.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So if I get this on my laptop - I can also play it on my desktop? Steam lets you do that right?[/quote]
Yes, just download the steam client from the Steam website and login with your account username/password. You can only be logged in on one computer at a time, but you can redownload your games on as many computers as you want.

Too bad there isn't a demo for it. I know Id like it and I do like the console iteration of it, but I don't wanna plunk down the 10 only to find out it runs like crap on my computer.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Too bad there isn't a demo for it. I know Id like it and I do like the console iteration of it, but I don't wanna plunk down the 10 only to find out it runs like crap on my computer.[/quote]
What are the specs on your computer?
TF2 specs really aren't that high. Unless you have an old integrated video card you should be able to run it.

Edit: This site should give you some idea if your computer can run it.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

I pass the recommended in processor, I have 1.5 gigs of ram, but I have an old intel integrated chip. I can run portal, but I don't get that great of performance and halflife 2 starts out great then crashes. I don't know how much more demanding TF2 is than portal though.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Purchased as a gift for a few of my friends
$10 is too good of a deal to pass up on this game :)[/quote]
Most of my Steam friends already have it, so I bought it for my brother as an early Christmas gift.

bread's done
Back