Punky Brewster - Season 1 Box Set - 9.99 Target B&M

Believe it or not, I bought this at full price when it first came out. Hey, Punky Brewster was a big part of my childhood. :p

How long did this show run? All I remember of it is that is had Commandant Lassard from Police Academy as the "dad". Was he more proud to have worked on a show called Punky Brewster or to have worked with Steve Gutenberg?

Nice deal though. I might buy this and sell it after I watch it to remind me the reasons why I don't remember anything about it.

[quote name='Javil']Believe it or not, I bought this at full price when it first came out. Hey, Punky Brewster was a big part of my childhood. :p[/quote]

It probably would be worth the $10 just to see the episode when they fought that spirit in the cave on the camping trip.

I would say its worth $10 for the episode where Punky's friend gets locked in the fridge while playing hide and seek...truly emmy caliber!

I'm all for old quirky shows coming to DVD (there's no other way to see it, it certainly isn't on reruns where I live). If anybody confirms this deal I'll check it out, but i'm getting a YMMV vibe.

anyone remember punky after she got her humongous juggs? i think she had a reduction because they got too big. unfortunately, i doubt there will be nothing on the dvd post puberty for soleil moonfrye (sp?)

I always thought it was funny that a little girl was named Punky. Other than that, i never paticular cared for the show.

I might've almost done that... if it were the animated version, where she had some critter friend with magic powers.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Didn't she grow up to be hot. I don't know. I think I heard a talk show host talk about it one morning on the radio.[/quote]

She was on SABRINA, The Teenage Witch....the years when she lived in her own place with 2 girls and a guy.

She's pretty hot though....even without the breasts

[quote name='cag1000']anyone confirm this instore???[/quote]

Already did, I linked to a thread at DVDtalk.com where other people got it for 9.99 as well, I think that's plenty enough confirmation.

Clickable thumbnails of SMF in her early/mid teen years. You'll see why she got the surgery. Next to her very immature looking friends she looks like an adult in one picture:

[quote name='rockhero'][quote name='Javil']Believe it or not, I bought this at full price when it first came out. Hey, Punky Brewster was a big part of my childhood. :p[/quote]

It probably would be worth the $10 just to see the episode when they fought that spirit in the cave on the camping trip.[/quote]

That episode scared me for years, more than jaws, and more than nightmare on elm street. I have no idea why, I just know everytime I was near a wall I was afraid a skeleton would come out of the wall behind me.

bread's done
Back