What Games are you getting this Holiday?

BennyWii

CAGiversary!
For all those who looked at their presents secretly stashed in your parents closet or told someone what you wanted this holiday what it is?

I am getting Call of Duty 4 (PS3) and Okami (Wii)

Well, Christmas for me I know what I'm getting (since my parents just send money and I go to pick it up).

Mass Effect
Bioshock
Beautiful Katamari

for me. Also picked up the Arcade disc with Pacman CE on it (all are 360 titles), so that's my Christmas Day (or eve if family leaves early enough).

Nada. Picked up Gears 2 at launch, but that's it for this year. I'm still busy with that and Oblivion so I just don't need anything elese, and thus didn't put any games on my x-mas list--just some Blu Rays mainly.

Some of the fall games like Fallout 3, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, etc. will wait to be grabbed off of Goozex next year.

Already received :ps2: Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Kit and :ps2: SingStar Legends. I know I'm getting :ds: Chrono Trigger and another mystery DS game, and maybe one of the Rock Band Track Packs for PS2.

N+ PSP
MLB Power Pros 2008 DS
Video Game Tablet Portable system
Sonic Unleashed PS2

all from Amazon's Black Friday sale. I am also going to ask for some more clearance games from Sears and Kmart as well.

My wife let me get most of my own games for myself this year.They are as follows.
Fallout 3
Resistance 2
Dead Space(sealed)
Uncharted(sealed)
Valkyria Chronicles(sealed)

My kids will get:
Little Big Planet
Lego Batman
Lego Indy Jones
Wall-E
Kung-Fu Panda
My whole family will end up playing Little Big Planet together, we all enjoyed the time we spent with the LBP beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sister got me GH World Tour. Friend already gave me Bioshock and Fallout 3 (PS3); since Thanksgiving I got myself a few presents in the form of Madden 09, R6V2, Simpsons Game, Hell's Highway, Resistance 1, and a couple others that are escaping me right now (all purchased through CAG, natch!).

Now all I need are a few days off of work to start playing!

I was tempted to request Prince of Persia and Mirror's Edge, but after doing my research I've found that both games don't seem to be worthy of their prices. They were my most hyped games this year too!

However, I think I'll make use of LBP this break.

It's really odd for me, usually there is at least one new game I'm salivating over during Christmas time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got myself Boom Blox, Okami, and Resident Evil 4 for the Wii and Rune Factory 2 and Personal Trainer: Cooking for the DS on Black Friday. Also got my mom a copy of Personal Trainer: Cooking. Haven't asked for any games for Christmas, other than if TRU will price match their website in store for Resident Evil: UC. Otherwise the only games I want are Madden 09 and the full band version of World Tour, but not at full price. Did ask for Wii Points cards, can always use more points.

I already got them their gifts to myself Animal crossing:CF, Runefactory 2, metalgear essentials metalgear portable ops plus from the black friday sale my other gifts are wall-e Blu-ray 3 disc, Phoenix complete anime set, PJ, and some gift cards the rest from my cousins are most likely clothes, sweaters, socks, or a scarf which I already have alot of those ah well.

Since I've been working i don't really ask for holiday gifts...if i want something I just go out and buy it.

damn i feel old

/get off my lawn!
//*shakes fist*

Persona 4 and I guess King of Fighters: Orochi Saga. Debating Prince of Persia, but we'll see. My backlog is huge enough.

There are quite a few games under our tree, for both me and the children:
- Little Big Planet
- Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
- Fable II
- Fallout 3
- Lair
- Prince of Persia

Hmm, probably none unless my family surprises me with Rock band 2.

Here's what I got for my niece and nephews:
--Mario Party 8
--Super Mario Galaxy x2 (one each for my brother and sister's kids)
--Madagascar
--Bolt

they probably got more from other people too. They're going to be drowning in Wii games.

my only gaming present was given to me by my boss at work, where he said I could take friday off!!!

yeay... my company only shuts down on christmas and new years day :bomb:

4 day weekend!! whoo!

I'ma spend that whole time playing BlazBlue or Persona 4!!

My wife got me Fallout 3, but she wont let me play it until Christmas so it is taunting me from under the tree. In the meantime i have to finish Valkyria Chronicles

-Chrono Trigger (DS)
-Kingdom Hearts:RE:Chain of Memories (PS2)
-Okami (wii)
-Dragon Quest Swords (wii)
-Cooking Mama (DS)

That's what I know so far since it was with christmas money and BF sales

Nothing I'm to excited about;

Gears of War 2 (already beat it... but I want to own it... dunno know)
Rockband 2 (eh, Rock Band 1 is the same)
Call of Duty WAW (might be worth a playthrough)
Resistance 2 (I don't know why I put this on my list...)

My gf already gave me Farcry 2 (PC) for our xmas weekend (its the only one I really wanted)

Since I've been working i don't really ask for holiday gifts...if i want something I just go out and buy it.

damn i feel old

/get off my lawn!
//*shakes fist*

Ya... Xmas is so sad now. If I REALLY want something I'll go get it... and I got every console so theres no console surprises... =/ I just hope I get some binoculars.

bread's done
Back