Last Pair of Kicks You Just Bought?

A Happy Panda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
I picked up the Mowabb AF1s at the Nike Outlet store on my home from school.

RTEmagicC_af1_mowabb_1.jpg.jpg

I'm not too big on the colorway, but hey for $44 down from $150 you can't go wrong. I swapped out the tan laces for the orange ones too.

I'm lookin' to score these in the next couple weeks:

Yeah, I am definetely not feeling the speckle on the bottom, but good price. I just copped some purple Deadstocks and they are nice. I think the last pair was some Red AF1 high's. I just love AF1. Other than the Airmax 95's, they are my favorite.

I bought some shoes from a skate shop. They feel good on my feet and were 20$. They are mostly black with some stripes of color. They are neat. The end.

If you wanna count running shoes, I bought these Asics Cumulus 9s over summer:
l16869.jpg

Otherwise for casual wear, these New Balance 478s 2 years ago at Famous Footwear. They look like the picture but the accents are red instead of grey around the N and a few other small parts:
AAAAAlXmOHcAAAAAAGs8pw.jpg

Best investment I ever made was buying a few pairs of Doc Martens 4 or 5 years ago for work and when I can't wear tennis shoes. If I was better about taking care of my shoes, I'm sure I could get another 3-4 years out of them.

Got 2 pairs of New Balance 622 at Dicks on Black Friday, and than my mom got me a pair of New Balance 600 for X-Mas. New Balance are the only brand of shoes I buy they are the only ones that seem to fit my feet right.

[quote name='ajh2298']Got 2 pairs of New Balance 622 at Dicks on Black Friday, and than my mom got me a pair of New Balance 600 for X-Mas. New Balance are the only brand of shoes I buy they are the only ones that seem to fit my feet right.[/QUOTE]
I buy them because they use American workers...even if their parts are from asia and such

Nothing special, just a pair of Nunn Bush dress shoes and a pair of Streetcars (had never heard of the brand) at a buy one, get one free sale at JC Penney's last month. Had to replace my old dress shoes as the gel pad in the heal burst during one job interview trip when I had another one coming up a couple of days later. Amazed I found a sale as there never tends to be sales when you actually need something right away.

Onitsuka Tigers, white/black. Most comfortable pair of shoes I've worn in a long time - they're ridiculously lightweight, it often doesn't feel like I'm actually wearing shoes. I've been trying to hunt down a pair of them from last year with a graph paper pattern - the entire shoe looks like it was hand drawn with a sharpie.

[quote name='JolietJake']Wtf is with Nike and these neon shoes that everyone seems to love. Those things look like kid's shoes.[/quote]

Ok, let me clarify this for you.

Neon = Weirdos

Colorful = GOOD

I don't know anyone that would wear a neon pair of shoes, and if I did, I wouldn't know them for long. The AF1's and Dunks are just godly. Great for specific outfits.

[quote name='joe2187']
ducttape200x150.jpg

5 years strong and still running.[/QUOTE]

They remind me of a pair of steel toe sneakers I used to use for playing goalie for street and dek hockey, I used them for like 3 years and I had to re-wrap the fronts with duct tape before every game.

[quote name='JJSP']The white/white ones are fucking hideous.[/QUOTE]

you mean grey/grey?

looks fine to me. throw some white laces in there and its set. perfect plain winter/beater shoe. comfy too.

to each his own though.

[quote name='buttasuperb']you mean grey/grey?

looks fine to me. throw some white laces in there and its set. perfect plain winter/beater shoe. comfy too.

to each his own though.[/QUOTE]
White/white, grey/grey, velcro/old guy shoe. They look like Heely's, which is great if that's what you're going for.

[quote name='Rocko']Why would you pay so much for such a boring looking shoe (disregarding the questionable attractiveness)?[/QUOTE]

imo, plain shoes > clown shoes

apparently you feel the opposite. which is fine by me.

[quote name='JJSP']White/white, grey/grey, velcro/old guy shoe. They look like Heely's, which is great if that's what you're going for.[/QUOTE]

what are you babbling about? i dont even know what heely's are.

haha at am90's being an old man shoe. too funny.

[quote name='buttasuperb']imo, plain shoes > clown shoes

apparently you feel the opposite. which is fine by me.[/QUOTE]
That would be a valid argument were it not for the fact that I paid less than $20 for that particular pair of shoes.

I'm not trying to dispute taste, here- just wondering why you paid almost $100 for such boring looking shoes- I can somewhat understand people who pay a lot of money for distinct shoes. Even the other pair you posted look nice and would stand out as a nice brand and style, and I guess some people dig paying money for that. But the other pair is boring as hell. You could've easily gotten something that looks almost exactly the same for a fraction of the cost.

[quote name='Rocko']That would be a valid argument were it not for the fact that I paid less than $20 for that particular pair of shoes.

I'm not trying to dispute taste, here- just wondering why you paid almost $100 for such boring looking shoes- I can somewhat understand people who pay a lot of money for distinct shoes. Even the other pair you posted look nice and would stand out as a nice brand and style, and I guess some people dig paying money for that. But the other pair is boring as hell. You could've easily gotten something that looks almost exactly the same for a fraction of the cost.[/QUOTE]

To me, they aren't boring, just clean plain comfortable shoes that you can wear with just about anything. Also, in my opinion the am90 is one of the best designed shoes in history. I may have been able to find something somewhat similar (almost exactly is a bit of stretch) for much cheaper, but hey I pay for the nike swoosh and their classic shoes.

I would rather pay $100 for those shoes than a penny for the shoes you bought. That's just me, no offense. As with anything else, opinions differ. high five.

Mizuno wave alchemy 7's cause they're on clearance and I don't have arches. I started training for the Great Aloha Run and I don't hurt no mo' unlike when I put some cheapy asics the month prior.

You young whippersnappers and your hip lingo. Back in my day, we called them "shoes" and we liked it. :oldman:

[quote name='anotherjeff']Mizuno wave alchemy 7's cause they're on clearance and I don't have arches. I started training for the Great Aloha Run and I don't hurt no mo' unlike when I put some cheapy asics the month prior.[/quote]

I always wanted to run in the Great Aloha Run, but then I moved. Maybe one day I'll cross that off my list. Good luck. :)

My newest pair of sneakers(how many people still call them that nowadays, aside from me?) would have to be some cheap ass ill fitting crap from Wally World. They were like $10 a pair and if I get a year out of them I'll be happy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My newest pair of sneakers(how many people still call them that nowadays, aside from me?) would have to be some cheap ass ill fitting crap from Wally World. They were like $10 a pair and if I get a year out of them I'll be happy.[/quote]

I can appreciate your cheapness, but once you get older, you're going to want some kind of quality when your feet/back hurt all the time. :D

bread's done
Back