Punch Out Vs. Super Punch Out

Simon Adebesi

CAGiversary!
which one do you like best???

i vote punch out. honestly find it alot more fun to play. this game never gets old. still play on the regular.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Simon Adebesi']forget keeping it real, you should try keeping it right.[/quote]

...the hell?[/quote]

I agree WTF. He was just telling you to stick a poll at the top. Also Punch -Out has better characters but both are good.

Super Punch Out, for the timed-fight challenges. It kept me playing long after I'd beat all the circuits... though I do admit I still play thru punchout fairly often... aw hell, it's a toss up.

Nice avatar toki.. if it could somehow add the sound effect (the aaawwwww), it'd be the best avatar I'd seen all month!

The orginal was better. It was pretty much the same game, but was a lot better than the current NES games out there.

On one hand with Super Punch-out, like Wilpwop said, the timed matches kept me coming back to try and do better. On the other, I prefer King Hippo, Soda Popinski and Don Flamenco.

So, gameplay super, characters original.

And Animal Crossing promised the original somewhere inside but I have yet to find it to relive its goodness. I kinda gave up a while ago on that though.

overall i think super punch out is better, but it pains me to say it, considering the lack of king hippo.

his name escapes me, but there's the character in super punch out that gets all whiny when you punch him in the face. what a pansy, with his stupid sweater vest.

[quote name='Wlogan31']Soda Popinski
Nuff Said[/quote]

hell yeah! i read somewhere that his origional name was suppposed to be Vodka Drunkenski. could someone please clear this up for me?

[quote name='thatstoobad']his name escapes me, but there's the character in super punch out that gets all whiny when you punch him in the face. what a pansy, with his stupid sweater vest.[/quote]

Narcis Prince
narcis_anim.gif

The original, tho Super was still a great game. Super had characters that had to fight cheap & use sticks to win tho. :p

And imo, Tyson was a pushover compared to Super Macho Man. I still have nightmares about that fight.

It's too hard to call...
The original was more widespread, therefore more people played it making the characters much more mainstream and loved by many...
While Super Punch Out was more obscure, there are some that don't even know of its existence...
If Super was a big as the original in terms of sales I think the characters very well may have been just as popular as the original...
In terms of gameplay Super had much more to offer and was much more of a challenge, I still haven't beaten it, but yeah it is unfair when Bruce Leeroy over there starts throwing flying kicks from the top rope...
So I'd give the edge to the original because of Soda Popinski :)
-Goatman

It's too hard to call...
The original was more widespread, therefore more people played it making the characters much more mainstream and loved by many...
While Super Punch Out was more obscure, there are some that don't even know of its existence...
If Super was a big as the original in terms of sales I think the characters very well may have been just as popular as the original...
In terms of gameplay Super had much more to offer and was much more of a challenge, I still haven't beaten it, but yeah it is unfair when Bruce Leeroy over there starts throwing flying kicks from the top rope...
So I'd give the edge to the original because of Soda Popinski :)
-Goatman

I'd have to say the original simply because glass joe was a more likeable jobber than gabby jay and little mac's training sequences after each championship. Super is still a great game though.

I still cant beat Hoy Quarlow no matter how many times I fight him. I got it from a friend who had beaten the game and can beat the Bruisers but cant beat the man with the stick

punch out is in animal crossing. i unlocked it. you have to use a passcode at tom nooks store. check out gamefaqs,com for the way how.

I assume you're talking about the NES/Super NES games and not the 2 arcade games....but just for completeness sake, the original was better in both the arcade and on the home consoles.

All the Punch-Out stuff is great though.

I've never had an SNES, so my vote shouldn't count...but from what I've played, I like the original anyway. The characters were far more interesting in the NES version...and easier to get pissed off at. I still loathe the Great Tiger. Spinning bastard...

bread's done
Back