Sins of a Solar Empire [PC] now 29.99 @ Target

LxLegend

CAG Veteran
Went to target today and found Sins going for 29.99 not sure if it's just a sale a price drop but every other retailer still has it listed for 39.99.

So if you were holding out now might be your chance because I haven't seen this title mentioned in any sale not even the past black Friday sales.

[quote name='Serik']If you want to pay $30 for Sins, you can download a copy directly from Stardock.

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/store.aspx

The first microexpansion comes out next month for $9.99[/QUOTE]

That has activation DRM on it though. I'd rather pay the same price for a physical copy I'll always be able to play.

[quote name='Wolfpup']That has activation DRM on it though. I'd rather pay the same price for a physical copy I'll always be able to play.[/quote]

I think that's just for the patches. I know GalCiv doesn't require any authentication, but you need a key to download updates and get on the forums.

[quote name='mmnno']I think that's just for the patches. I know GalCiv doesn't require any authentication, but you need a key to download updates and get on the forums.[/quote]

Indeed. Regardless of how you purchase Stardock's games, you have to register with Impulse to play online, receive updates, and use the expansion packs. Impulse does not need to run in the background while you play the game.

You can install the game on as many machines as you want, however.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: if you don't like Steam, because of DRM, either stick to consoles for gaming, or shut up.

[quote name='Wolfpup']That has activation DRM on it though. I'd rather pay the same price for a physical copy I'll always be able to play.[/quote]
It does not have activation DRM - you can play the game without doing anything. In order to download patches or play online you need to register your serial # with Impulse, which you have to do if you have a physical copy too.

[quote name='mmnno']I think that's just for the patches. I know GalCiv doesn't require any authentication, but you need a key to download updates and get on the forums.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Serik']Indeed. Regardless of how you purchase Stardock's games, you have to register with Impulse to play online, receive updates, and use the expansion packs. Impulse does not need to run in the background while you play the game.

You can install the game on as many machines as you want, however.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tsmvengy']It does not have activation DRM - you can play the game without doing anything. In order to download patches or play online you need to register your serial # with Impulse, which you have to do if you have a physical copy too.[/QUOTE]

The download version does require activation to install AFAIK. Whether it has to run in the background after that point is really beside the point.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']I've said it once and I'll say it again: if you don't like Steam, because of DRM, either stick to consoles for gaming, or shut up.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is wrong with you? You just felt like insulting someone randomly? That make you feel like a man?

1) No one is talking about Steam.
2) Steam is not the only way to play PC games. We do not have to quit playing games because some of them have activation.

[quote name='52club']Why does every PC deal turn into a DRM discussion? Is it just no enough to say what the DRM is and then move on?[/QUOTE]

Because the 2 biggest issues for PC gaming are pirates robbing people blind, and DRM hurting paying customers.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What the hell is wrong with you? You just felt like insulting someone randomly? That make you feel like a man?

1) No one is talking about Steam.
2) Steam is not the only way to play PC games. We do not have to quit playing games because some of them have activation.[/quote]

Oh, I'm sorry, did you get offended that I said 'shut up?' That's just too bad.

And by the way, Mr. I-had-a-problem-with-Steam-that-wasn't-actually-related-to-DRM-but-I'll-blame-that-anyway(you know what I'm talking about), I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt for not being here, but there actually was someone posting about Steam, they must've just deleted it.

bread's done
Back