Verge Drum Throne for $14.99 and Verge Mic Stand for $12.49 at CC...

VxExLxVxExT

CAGiversary!
i couldn't edit the title of the thread i started about the LP guitar and MC guitar stand being in sale at CC, so i thought i would just start a new thread about these...

basically, both are half price...

the Verge Drum Throne is $14.99:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Verg...oductDetail.do?cc_fm=Collaborative+Bundle+Mod

the Verge Mic Stand is $12.49:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Verg...oductDetail.do?cc_fm=Collaborative+Bundle+Mod

i never used either, so i can't say how good either is, but considering how cheap both are there's no reason not to try them out. it showed quantities in ever store by me, so it's not like they're going to be hard to find...

using a drum throne is better than using some generic chair when playing drums, especially if you're going to be playing for a while, so definitely look into that...

and while the mic stand obviously isn't necessary, it's not going to hurt, and it's definitely great if you want to sing and play guitar at the same time. and it looks like it actually comes with the mic clip, which mic stands NEVER come with, so you actually save about $5 since you don't have to buy a mic clip separately like you would normally have to...

and i'm not sure when this deal is dead, so i would say try to order it by midnight saturday night, because you would get free shipping too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm...may have to pick up a mic stand instead of making my son hold the mic up to my mouth while I play drums or guitar lol

$15 for the drum throne sounds really good. Going to purchase this and try it out.

Thanks OP for the deal and the all the info on the drums in the other Thread.:)

[quote name='lorddct']Anyone know if the drum throe is any good or should I invest a good one if we play multiple hours of rock band?[/quote]
it depends. like someone else said, motorcycle thrones are the most comfortable, but it's up to you if you want to use a $130 Roc-N-Soc motorcycle throne with your $30 or $90 drums?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roc-N-Soc-Original-Saddle-Drum-Throne-100281554-i1165874.gc

i'm a big guy at almost 200 pounds, so i got a medium weight Sound Percussion drum throne at Guitar Center when i first got my RB1 drum kit, which was a while ago. at the time it was only $29.99 though, and since then it's gone up to $39.99, so it's up to you if you think spending $40 on something that's good is worth it. i play for hours at a time, and i like it, but if i didn't have anything i would probably try the Verge one because of the price. also, the main reason i went with the throne from Guitar Center is because they always have them in stock, and there was really no one else locally that was offering thrones that cheap. also, you can try it out for 30 days as per their 30/30 guarantee...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound-Percussion-SP770DT-Medium-Weight-Drum-Throne-104496427-i1415299.gc

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']it depends. like someone else said, motorcycle thrones are the most comfortable, but it's up to you if you want to use a $130 Roc-N-Soc motorcycle throne with your $30 or $90 drums?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roc-N-Soc-Original-Saddle-Drum-Throne-100281554-i1165874.gc

i'm a big guy at almost 200 pounds, so i got a medium weight Sound Percussion drum throne at Guitar Center, when i first got my RB1 drum kit. at the time it was only $29.99 though, and since then it's gone up to $39.99, so it's up to you if you think spending $40 on something that's good is worth it. i like it, but if i didn't have anything i would probably try the Verge one, and if you don't like it just return it. also, the main reason i went with the throne from Guitar Center is because they always have them in stock, because they're pretty popular with beginners. also, you can try it out for 30 days as per their 30/30 guarantee...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound-Percussion-SP770DT-Medium-Weight-Drum-Throne-104496427-i1415299.gc[/QUOTE]

I got the ION drum set so it's a little more expensive. And the throne quality at CC looks pretty bad. The one's they sell at Guitar center looks way better even there cheapest one for $30. But I guess I'll try and find a way to get a bicycle drum throne for a decent price.

I also look at the mic stand, it's average I think I'll consider getting this instead.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage-Stands-Tripod-Mic-Stand-with-Boom-100044992-i1142208.gc

On-Stage Stands Tripod Mic Stand with Boom
$9.99 at guitarcenter. And you need a mic clip.

Thanks for posting the deal though, and the feedback. I will definetely look at those other thrones.

I have also considered to get a Mic Stand with boom, just so it's easier to setup if you are playing the drums. The straight up mics seem like it'll be hard to do both.

But for those looking just for a mic stand. This one isn't bad it'll probably suffice. The throne you get what you paid for.

[quote name='lorddct']I got the ION drum set so it's a little more expensive. And the throne quality at CC looks pretty bad. The one's they sell at Guitar center looks way better even there cheapest one for $30. But I guess I'll try and find a way to get a bicycle drum throne for a decent price.

I also look at the mic stand, it's average I think I'll consider getting this instead.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage-Stands-Tripod-Mic-Stand-with-Boom-100044992-i1142208.gc

On-Stage Stands Tripod Mic Stand with Boom
$9.99 at guitarcenter. And you need a mic clip.

Thanks for posting the deal though, and the feedback. I will definetely look at those other thrones.

I have also considered to get a Mic Stand with boom, just so it's easier to setup if you are playing the drums. The straight up mics seem like it'll be hard to do both.

But for those looking just for a mic stand. This one isn't bad it'll probably suffice. The throne you get what you paid for.[/quote]
nice find on the On Stage mic stand, for $9.99 it's a steal! i was actually looking at that same one months ago, but it was $29.99 back then, which is why i decided to get a different one! i got the Musician's Gear one, which is pretty much exactly the same thing as the On Stage one, but with a different name and different price tag...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicia...-Mic-Stand-with-Fixed-Boom-451051-i1326041.gc

and a little fyi, GC is going to kill you with shipping on this, i paid over $10 shipping on mine. i guarantee you that you will pay more for shipping than you do the actual mic stand, but around $20 for everything is still a great deal...

that's the main reason i posted about the Verge one, because it's great for the average player, and there's no shipping charge for it. also, look into Amazon if you can, they may have something equivalent and not charge shipping either...

this is my current setup, when i play drums and sing, and it looks like the On Stage one will work the same exact way for you...

CIMG0253.jpg

[quote name='SniperREX']Looks like the Verge throne it's NOT height adjustable. That's a deal breaker for me :cry:.[/quote]

You're right, it's not, but I got one anyway....

but as mentioned above the roc-n-soc is the best...as I have one for the tamas...

I picked this up today and I guess now I know why it is so cheap. It does not have Height adjustment, lower legs pole does not go all the way into the seat, can't turn around on the seat, paint easily pealing from were the seat is connected to the lower legs, not enough butt support, and seems ideal for only really skinny people.

I will be returning mine unfortunetly. I will try to invest on the following drum throne recommended in another thread. ($40)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound-Percussion-SP770DT-Medium-Weight-Drum-Throne-104496427-i1415299.gc

[quote name='jdeluis']can't turn around on the seathttp://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound-Percussion-SP770DT-Medium-Weight-Drum-Throne-104496427-i1415299.gc[/quote]
you're not supposed to be able to turn around, but i definitely agree with your other points. i actually looked at one when i went to a CC today, and i have to agree that you pretty much get what you pay for here. to me, it looks more like a junior throne than a full size throne, and it would be great for someone younger or someone short and light...

basically, if you're on a really tight budget than try it out, otherwise spring for an entry level throne at either Guitar Center or Sam Ash. a little fyi though, Guitar Center is normally a little cheaper...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']you're not supposed to be able to turn around, but i definitely agree with your other points. i actually looked at one when i went to a CC today, and i have to agree that you pretty much get what you pay for here. to me, it looks more like a junior throne than a full size throne, and it would be great for someone younger or someone short and light...

basically, if you're on a really tight budget than try it out, otherwise spring for an entry level throne at either Guitar Center or Sam Ash. a little fyi though, Guitar Center is normally a little cheaper...[/quote]

I did not know that. I guess the problem with the cheap drum throne is that it's not solid enough that if you try to move your butt on the padding, the seat moves around peels off the paint where it connects to the legs.

Are the higher priced ones built a bit better that if you move around, it does not move at all, but you are able to slide your butt around the seat?

[quote name='jdeluis']Are the higher priced ones built a bit better that if you move around, it does not move at all, but you are able to slide your butt around the seat?[/quote]
honestly, i can't answer that, because i'm not a real life drummer and have never tried a higher priced one. from what i've seen, the more expensive ones with hydraulic height adjustments can spin around, so i would say so. think of it like an office chair, only smaller, so you can play drums on it...

and like i said, i'm not a real life drummer, so i may certainly be wrong. when i was looking for a throne, none of the ones i sat on spun around, but then again i wasn't looking for anything that expensive. for me, spending $30 was good enough, and i've been happy with it so far...

[quote name='jdeluis'] Are the higher priced ones built a bit better that if you move around, it does not move at all, but you are able to slide your butt around the seat?[/quote]

Yes, the higher priced drum thrones are better when you around or can sit back on them. I play the drums and my throne cost me about $100. :cry:

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']honestly, i can't answer that, because i'm not a real life drummer and have never tried a higher priced one. from what i've seen, the more expensive ones with hydraulic height adjustments can spin around, so i would say so. think of it like an office chair, only smaller, so you can play drums on it...

and like i said, i'm not a real life drummer, so i may certainly be wrong. when i was looking for a throne, none of the ones i sat on spun around, but then again i wasn't looking for anything that expensive. for me, spending $30 was good enough, and i've been happy with it so far...[/quote]

No, I think you misunderstood me. :)

I was asking if the the top part of the seat does not move at all, but you are still able to move around on it, slide on it, play with toy cars on it and it does not move. That would ideal, instead of it moving when it's not supposed to me moving like the verge throne. For example, I currently use a chair from the dinning table. I can move around my body and the chair does not move around at all.

Is the throne you currently use, which is the one I linked earlier that I am planning to purchase once I return the Verge throne, this way where it is stable enough that the cushion does not move at all?

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']nice find on the On Stage mic stand, for $9.99 it's a steal! i was actually looking at that same one months ago, but it was $29.99 back then, which is why i decided to get a different one! i got the Musician's Gear one, which is pretty much exactly the same thing as the On Stage one, but with a different name and different price tag...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicia...-Mic-Stand-with-Fixed-Boom-451051-i1326041.gc

and a little fyi, GC is going to kill you with shipping on this, i paid over $10 shipping on mine. i guarantee you that you will pay more for shipping than you do the actual mic stand, but around $20 for everything is still a great deal...

that's the main reason i posted about the Verge one, because it's great for the average player, and there's no shipping charge for it. also, look into Amazon if you can, they may have something equivalent and not charge shipping either...

this is my current setup, when i play drums and sing, and it looks like the On Stage one will work the same exact way for you...

CIMG0253.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty nice setup, and a nice throne as well.

Silencers and a metal kick pedal. If the ION drum rocker ever drops in price you should consider that. It's really nice to hit. Just wish the cymbals were a little more realistic.

[quote name='jdeluis']Is the throne you currently use, which is the one I linked earlier that I am planning to purchase once I return the Verge throne, this way where it is stable enough that the cushion does not move at all?[/quote]
no, the cushion won't move at all. when you adjust the height, there's a pin that goes through the cushion mount that prevents it from moving. the pin does need to get tightened every so often though, because it will back off a bit from prolonged use, but it's not a big deal. i take a few seconds and re-tighten mine every few weeks. i think that someone actually mentioned that in their review on the GC website...

[quote name='lorddct']If the ION drum rocker ever drops in price you should consider that. It's really nice to hit. Just wish the cymbals were a little more realistic.[/quote]
you think those cymbals are bad, try hitting the RB2 add-on cymbals, it's like hitting rubber coated cement! i had them on for less than a week before i decided enough was enough...

and i don't how into this you are, but honestly look into the Pintech TC Series cymbals for your Ion Kit if you want the best cymbals to use with it.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pintech-Trigger-Cymbal-444886-i1138284.gc

i have a friend in the AVS Forums that picked one up, because he wanted a 3rd cymbal and Ion has yet to ever send them out, and he LOVES it. this is his exact quote, "This thing is great -- way more sensitive than the ION's cymbals, quieter, and even though it has less rebound... its actually easier to play for some reason."

here's a pick of his set-up, after he installed the Pintech...

3cymbals.jpg

and if you do decide to try them out, and you do like them, you can EASILY sell your 2 Ion cymbals separately because a lot of people are waiting for their 3rd cymbal too...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']no, the cushion won't move at all. when you adjust the height, there's a pin that goes through the cushion mount that prevents it from moving. the pin does need to get tightened every so often though, because it will back off a bit from prolonged use, but it's not a big deal. i take a few seconds and re-tighten mine every few weeks. i think that someone actually mentioned that in their review on the GC website...
[/quote]

Cool. Thanks! :D

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']no, the cushion won't move at all. when you adjust the height, there's a pin that goes through the cushion mount that prevents it from moving. the pin does need to get tightened every so often though, because it will back off a bit from prolonged use, but it's not a big deal. i take a few seconds and re-tighten mine every few weeks. i think that someone actually mentioned that in their review on the GC website...

you think those cymbals are bad, try hitting the RB2 add-on cymbals, it's like hitting rubber coated cement! i had them on for less than a week before i decided enough was enough...

and i don't how into this you are, but honestly look into the Pintech TC Series cymbals for your Ion Kit if you want the best cymbals to use with it.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pintech-Trigger-Cymbal-444886-i1138284.gc

i have a friend in the AVS Forums that picked one up, because he wanted a 3rd cymbal and Ion has yet to ever send them out, and he LOVES it. this is his exact quote, "This thing is great -- way more sensitive than the ION's cymbals, quieter, and even though it has less rebound... its actually easier to play for some reason."

here's a pick of his set-up, after he installed the Pintech...

3cymbals.jpg

and if you do decide to try them out, and you do like them, you can EASILY sell your 2 Ion cymbals separately because a lot of people are waiting for their 3rd cymbal too...[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm very interested. Does the cymbals come with the pole and someway to mount onto the ION drum set frame?

[quote name='lorddct']Oh I'm very interested. Does the cymbals come with the pole and someway to mount onto the ION drum set frame?[/quote]
it doesn't come with any mounting hardware, you have to purchase a mounting arm separately. this is the one that he used...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibraltar-Grabber-Cymbal-Arm-100078202-i1139160.gc

in his pic, it's the shinny silver arm, but he moved the blue cymbal so it's being used with that one and not with the Pintech...

this is the thread about the Pintech from the RB forums, including the review, instructions, video, ect... that's where he got a lot of info about them from...

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1579751#post1579751

on the verge throne page, they offer a package with both mic stand AND throne for ONLY 27 bucks! thats a savings of... almost nothing! yay.

thanks op, would bite if throne was height adjustable, as i have long legs amd need that

Musicians Friend has the Sound Percussion SP770DT Drum Throne for $29.99 which is $10 less than Guitar Center. http://accessories.musiciansfriend....t-Drum-Throne?sku=491656&src=3WPGWXX&ZYXSEM=0

I also picked up the cheapy dual guitar stand for $15 which is the same price at Guitar Center. http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Double-Guitar-Stand?sku=451062

They offer free shipping on orders over $50 so if you can find another $5.01 filler you can get free ground shipping... not being a real musician I didn't, so I went with the $10 2-day shipping for some Christmas day rockin'.

[quote name='blackmilk']They offer free shipping on orders over $50 so if you can find another $5.01 filler you can get free ground shipping... not being a real musician I didn't, so I went with the $10 2-day shipping for some Christmas day rockin'.[/quote]
all you needed to do was order a set of real drumsticks, like a set of nylon tipped dips for $10, and you would have been fine...

I bought the drum stand mostly because they were out of stock of the mic stands in Cc San patricio. More out of spite more than anything

bread's done
Back