Win a Million Dollar House for $50 in MD. 32,500 raffle tickets max will be sold.

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
The brief specifics:

www.fiftydollarhouse.com

First Place Prize: $1,000,000 House (pictures on site)
Second Place Prize: $10,000

Each entry (ticket) costs: $50

Minimum Entries: 31,500
Maximum Entries: 32,500

Drawing is Dec 31, 2008
If minimum entries have been met. If not, they can extend the drawing up to 120 additional days.

You can pay for your ticket online via the site.

It is legit. It was featured on CNN, in the New York Times and more. You can search youtube for videos.

Anything else that you might need to know, it'll most likely be on the website.

This isn't my raffle and I am in no way affiliated with it. I listen to a semi-local Radio Show
The Junkies. Give them a shot. They talk about everything (sports, news, entertainment, guy stuff...probably everything except video games) and may take a while to get used to, but they're really entertaining IMO.
through a podcast that had a caller call in talking about it briefly.

I bought a ticket, my gf bought one and my Mom bought one. While it's a $50 ticket, 1 in 32,500 doesn't sound like horrible odds compared to huge lotteries in my area such as the Powerball and Mega Millions. Someone is going to win that house for $50 and I'd feel like an ass if I didn't throw my name into the hat.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not. Mods: please move if it isn't.

And they'll only do the raffle if they've sold over $1.5 million worth of tickets? Shit, everyone should do something like this rather than trying to sell their houses outright.

[quote name='TahoeMax']And they'll only do the raffle if they've sold over $1.5 million worth of tickets? Shit, everyone should do something like this rather than trying to sell their houses outright.[/quote]

Well I found out about it a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly, in order for it to be legal, they had to get some organization involved where a percentage goes to that for charity or something. It does seem like a really good idea as long as enough people buy into it. On the radio, they were talking about how other people in the neighborhood were having problems selling their houses for the prices that they wanted and they've heard of other people doing this before...so they decided to give it a shot.

Wow total ripoff. Itd be one thing if the amount of tickets versus the value bof the house was even money but considering its more than 1.5x that forget it.

[quote name='miktau']Wow total ripoff. Itd be one thing if the amount of tickets versus the value bof the house was even money but considering its more than 1.5x that forget it.[/quote]

You fail and you're stinky doo doo.

By the way, an update on the site shows that they didn't make the deadline of 31,500 tickets sold by Dec 31. It's been extended to January 23 with only 27,000 tickets needing to be sold.

bread's done
Back