Washer/Dryer

i dont have a specific deal for you but i highly reccomend buying new units.
i went the used/refurbished route, ended up buying a replacement washer 2-3 months later.
within 6 months the dryer needed a $50 valve replaced that i changed myself. it was exceptionally loud for a year or so and finally gave out completely.
i also reccomend whirlpool/kenmore over other brands. they make good appliances.

At Lowe's they have a new whirlpool pair for $776 Search for items #298220 and #300191

or a little better pair for $976 items #284222 and #247884

These are also the item numbers in the store.

Yea, I'm planning on getting a brand new one. The one I have has broken several times already, and it cost a crap load to fix the last few times.

Are the ones your suggesting permintely priced at that, or is it an after xmas thing?

I'm not sure if it's a sale or regular price. I do know that they will usually beat any quote you bring them for the same items by 10%. Also they are pretty receptive to haggling.

Check reviews. Maytag is not what it used to be so dont go off thinking that repair man has nothing to do anymore....

Price shop for sure and if you can geta good deal on a floor model go for it.

We bought Whirlpool and have no complaints.... remember High Efficency really need the HE soaps etc.

[quote name='Snake2715']Check reviews. Maytag is not what it used to be so dont go off thinking that repair man has nothing to do anymore....

Price shop for sure and if you can geta good deal on a floor model go for it.

We bought Whirlpool and have no complaints.... remember High Efficency really need the HE soaps etc.[/QUOTE]

yes they do.
if i recall there are detergents that degrade the bearings, which was the cause of a lot of failures of the front loading machines.

bread's done
Back