UTAH CAGs Official Thread

Anybody interested in the 85% off Gameboy and Gameboy Color games at Gamestop? I found a bunch at the store by Best Buy in Sandy. Found only Pokemon Gold and Silver at on of the West Valley stores. The other 2 West Valley stores had nothing. I wanted to check the one by the University of Utah but ran out of time. The only way I was able to talk the wife into going way out to West Valley was to go get a burger and shake at Ab's Drive Inn!

[quote name='Purkeynator']Anybody interested in the 85% off Gameboy and Gameboy Color games at Gamestop? I found a bunch at the store by Best Buy in Sandy. Found only Pokemon Gold and Silver at on of the West Valley stores. The other 2 West Valley stores had nothing. I wanted to check the one by the University of Utah but ran out of time. The only way I was able to talk the wife into going way out to West Valley was to go get a burger and shake at Ab's Drive Inn![/quote]

Did you try the Midvale location across from Costco and the hospital?

No, I didn't hit up that one. I can tell you that all the ones in Northern Utah are out of original Gameboy games. These are the Layton, Clinton, Ogden stores.

Has anyone happened to check the Riverdale, Logan, St George, or Orem Best Buys for anime (50% off)? I stopped in at the Sandy store and they've still got quite a bit.

Haven't checked Best Buy St. George because I'm not into Anime, but anyone wants me to check for something in particular for them I will. Just PM me.

Hey Utahonians(?) Utahites(?)...whatever you may call yourselves. I'll be in Ogden for a couple of weeks coming up and was wondering if anyone of you guys knew of some things I should see/do while I'm in the area.

[quote name='negid']Hey Utahonians(?) Utahites(?)...whatever you may call yourselves. I'll be in Ogden for a couple of weeks coming up and was wondering if anyone of you guys knew of some things I should see/do while I'm in the area.[/quote]
It's Utahans.

-------------------

Anyone here ever go to concerts?

Concerts?

In Utah?

Not since The Ritz closed down. Lacuna Coil/Devildriver/Superjoint was the last decent set that came here. Everyone else avoids metal.

And let's not forget this whiny emo shit that's killing decent music! I can honestly say I'm not proud to have gone to school with "Bert" McCracken.

I already said that Mogwai was coming, they certainly don't suck. :lol:

I'm excited for the Twilight concert series, 8 free concerts, and this year they got Sonic Youth to play. :whee:

[quote name='negid']Hey Utahonians(?) Utahites(?)...whatever you may call yourselves. I'll be in Ogden for a couple of weeks coming up and was wondering if anyone of you guys knew of some things I should see/do while I'm in the area.[/QUOTE]

Well there is always plenty of good ski places to go ski or snowboard. There is also Anetelope Island which is an island out in the Great Salt Lake that you can get to from Antelope Drive in the Layton area. It is actually a state park and they have buffalo heards. You can also check out the Clark Planetarium and the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. The Gateway is one of those fancy new outdoors type malls. If you head south past Salt Lake and toward Orem there is Thanksgiving point which has an Imax theater and one of the coolest dinousaur museums ever. Also if you are into game shopping check out FatFin.com and look up some locations to go check out some Graywhale Media stores which are pretty cool for new and retro games. Speaking of retrogames if you have time you absolutely must go to Logan (about an hour north of Ogden) where you need to go to the Cache Valley Mall and check out Fun Unlimited which is without a doubt the coolest video game store and arcade in Utah. A huge store with wall to wall games from EVERY system ever released. A little pricey but they got everything there.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Well there is always plenty of good ski places to go ski or snowboard. There is also Anetelope Island which is an island out in the Great Salt Lake that you can get to from Antelope Drive in the Layton area. It is actually a state park and they have buffalo heards. You can also check out the Clark Planetarium and the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. The Gateway is one of those fancy new outdoors type malls. If you head south past Salt Lake and toward Orem there is Thanksgiving point which has an Imax theater and one of the coolest dinousaur museums ever. Also if you are into game shopping check out FatFin.com and look up some locations to go check out some Graywhale Media stores which are pretty cool for new and retro games. Speaking of retrogames if you have time you absolutely must go to Logan (about an hour north of Ogden) where you need to go to the Cache Valley Mall and check out Fun Unlimited which is without a doubt the coolest video game store and arcade in Utah. A huge store with wall to wall games from EVERY system ever released. A little pricey but they got everything there.[/quote]

I completely forgot about Fun Unlimited! They do have a lot of hard-to-find stuff but they can be a bit pricey. Also, it can be hard to find anyone to help you. I know I've walked in there a half-dozen times and not found a single store clerk in there (all across the way playing at the arcade).

[quote name='thelonepig']I completely forgot about Fun Unlimited! They do have a lot of hard-to-find stuff but they can be a bit pricey. Also, it can be hard to find anyone to help you. I know I've walked in there a half-dozen times and not found a single store clerk in there (all across the way playing at the arcade).[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with you on the expensiveness of the store. Only things I usually buy are cases for systems (they have a ton just thrown in a pile in the back, most are $5) and their huge selection of strategy guides. I have ocasionally scored good deals on guides there like the time I found a Xenogears guide a couple years ago for $7.50. However I do love to look around at things like TurboGrafx and Neo Geo games. They even have a Vectrix for sale which has been there forever!

[quote name='Purkeynator']Well there is always plenty of good ski places to go ski or snowboard. There is also Anetelope Island which is an island out in the Great Salt Lake that you can get to from Antelope Drive in the Layton area. It is actually a state park and they have buffalo heards. You can also check out the Clark Planetarium and the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. The Gateway is one of those fancy new outdoors type malls. If you head south past Salt Lake and toward Orem there is Thanksgiving point which has an Imax theater and one of the coolest dinousaur museums ever. Also if you are into game shopping check out FatFin.com and look up some locations to go check out some Graywhale Media stores which are pretty cool for new and retro games. Speaking of retrogames if you have time you absolutely must go to Logan (about an hour north of Ogden) where you need to go to the Cache Valley Mall and check out Fun Unlimited which is without a doubt the coolest video game store and arcade in Utah. A huge store with wall to wall games from EVERY system ever released. A little pricey but they got everything there.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I might have to look up that Fun Unlimited and make a run up there.

Alright, which one of you retrobates bought all 8 (6 bundles, 2 game only) copies of Singstar Vol 2 from the Toys R Us in Midvale?

I was behind you by ten minutes.

Eagle Mountain? My condolances. 20 miles away from any kind of real civilization.. That hurts. No wonder you're a gamer, there's nothing else out there to do.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Eagle Mountain? My condolances. 20 miles away from any kind of real civilization.. That hurts. No wonder you're a gamer, there's nothing else out there to do.[/QUOTE]
Not quite. We're in The Ranches, which is actually nowhere near EM proper. We're only 10 miles from Lehi.

My brother lives in the Ranches. Nice little area, and not that far from civilization now that Wal-Mart is just down the hill.

Anyhow, spotted a Rock Revolution for PS3 at the Kmart on 90th and 1500 W Today, tagged as clearance at $17. I would have picked it up if it was for Xbox. They did not have much else I was interested in. They were out of the DDR Universe 3 kit that I was looking for, and also out of Blue Dragon which I was hoping to score.

Also hit up Sears at Fashion Place but didn't see much there. Anyone ever check them out for their clearance stuff? That place looked way to nice and neat to find any good clearance deals.

[quote name='Faithful']My brother lives in the Ranches. Nice little area, and not that far from civilization now that Wal-Mart is just down the hill.

Anyhow, spotted a Rock Revolution for PS3 at the Kmart on 90th and 1500 W Today, tagged as clearance at $17. I would have picked it up if it was for Xbox. They did not have much else I was interested in. They were out of the DDR Universe 3 kit that I was looking for, and also out of Blue Dragon which I was hoping to score.

Also hit up Sears at Fashion Place but didn't see much there. Anyone ever check them out for their clearance stuff? That place looked way to nice and neat to find any good clearance deals.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the last copy of Heavenly Sword and Buzz! Quiz TV in mid-May. Last time I was there was to attempt a price match on the Singstar Vol 2 bundle with TRU, but they wouldn't call TRU and insisted that the online price was what they could match.

Still, they had a load of copies of Spiderman Web of Shadows, Oblivion GOTY (rang up $24.99), and four or five each of the Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith bundles.

I checked Oblivion GOTY and it scanned at whatever the tagged price was (think it was $29 or $39), since I've been looking for it and was hoping to get lucky on it. They were out of all their clearance GH bundles except for the PS2. I already have 2 guitars but would have picked it up had I found it.

Any other thoughts on good places to pick up some games? I was hoping to get some games through the Blockbuster sale starting tomorrow but the 2 stores I went to had terrible stock on Xbox games.

Checked the Blockbuster on 70th and Redwood tonight and they had hardly anything. They did have a 007 QoS but was priced at $19.99 (think I saw it $14.99 at the 6200 Store).

Hit the Target right there and they were completely out of L4D (including the GOTY edition). Nothing too exciting in the clearance section - just the usual stuff.

Picked up the last Viva Pinata Party Animals at Sears. My wife seemed to get a kick out of it.

I'm off for a few days for the holiday later this week, I need to check out some stores that aren't on my way home from work and get a feeling of how they are stocked. Hoping to bump into a cheap copy of Eternal Sonata or Blue Dragon.

Well had some good luck today, picked up DDR Universe 3 for Xbox at Kmart today for $12. They had 2 at the 5400 S. and Redwood store. The woman that rang it up sounded surprised at the price. I left 1 so hopefully one of you guys can score it. Spotted another Rock Revolution kit for PS3 as well there. No luck on any other decent clearance games.

Hit up a few more stores as well. Sears did not have any July tagged clearance items yet and didn't notice any price changes. I did pick up GH3 for Xbox for $2.97 at the Fashion Place store (not sure how I missed that a few days ago). Checked TRU at Valley Fair and their clearance was pretty bad. Also checked the Ft. Union Target and again no Lips or L4D, so pretty sure that's all the Targets in the SL valley I've checked.

[quote name='Faithful']Well had some good luck today, picked up DDR Universe 3 for Xbox at Kmart today for $12. They had 2 at the 5400 S. and Redwood store. The woman that rang it up sounded surprised at the price. I left 1 so hopefully one of you guys can score it. Spotted another Rock Revolution kit for PS3 as well there. No luck on any other decent clearance games.

Hit up a few more stores as well. Sears did not have any July tagged clearance items yet and didn't notice any price changes. I did pick up GH3 for Xbox for $2.97 at the Fashion Place store (not sure how I missed that a few days ago). Checked TRU at Valley Fair and their clearance was pretty bad. Also checked the Ft. Union Target and again no Lips or L4D, so pretty sure that's all the Targets in the SL valley I've checked.[/QUOTE]

Nothing over at the Jordan Landing Sears either. My wife stopped in earlier today.

Any good finds this week? Work's been kickin my butt so haven't been out to take a look, hopefully can get out tomorrow and check at least Target.

[quote name='Faithful']Any good finds this week? Work's been kickin my butt so haven't been out to take a look, hopefully can get out tomorrow and check at least Target.[/QUOTE]

I stopped in at the Fort Union Target today. They had one copy of :360: Afro Samurai ($14.97) and a lot of :360: Ninja Blade ($19.97). There were also a few copies of :ps3: Guitar Hero World Tour ($14.97) and a load of DS Imagination games.

If you haven't been there recently, the electronics section is completely remodeled. The games clearance is now right near the entrance, about three shelfs in on the back. If you go to the wall of kids dvds and turn around you'll see them.

[quote name='Faithful']Anyone check out any local Hollywood Videos for the $4.99 deal going on? Find anything?[/QUOTE]
Was waiting until payday. I'm gonna check the one in American Fork tomorrow.

Turns out the American Fork Hollywood has a Game Crazy, so no sale there. Obviously I don't visit HWV very often, because I had no idea. So I hit up the Pleasant Grove and Orem locations. I was only looking at 360 games, so this all pertains to that console. Not much at all in PG. Honestly, I think they maybe had 10 games total. Orem had quite a bit more, but nothing too spectacular. Some old Maddens, NBA Street Homecourt. One co-worker picked up Splinter Cell:DA. Another was going to get Far Cry 2, but the disc was missing from the case and it was the last copy they had.
My score had nothing to do with the sale. Behind the glass they had a single, new Assassin's Creed Limited Edition for $30. I couldn't resist. No idea why this was still floating around.

bread's done
Back