Blue Dragon $12.99 (Xbox 360) Shipped @ Newegg.com

just posting to say that I think this game is fantastic, i dont usually play the final fantasy style rpgs but I really got into this one and bought it for full price at release and was thoroughly satisfied, i highly recommend the game and this price is an absolute steal, plus you may want to play through it before Blue Dragon Plus is released for the DS in feb so that you are ready for the continued story

Way overpriced. I'm someone how loves a classic style grind-fest RPG too, but this just drags on like none other.

Of course a lot of that is due to the way the story is told in such a childish fashion. I haven't been able to enjoy any of the paper mario or mario and luigi rpgs either, no matter how hard I try.

[quote name='cheapbrass']how do you install the game to the HD?[/QUOTE]

Go to the game on the XBox menu, press Y and then choose Install to HD.

I am always tempted by deals like this, then I just remember how bad the games actually are. Good for those just looking to build up a big library of games to impress people with though.

Just to state how in-depth I've played this game, I have 975 Gamerscore in this game (missed one stupid achievement) and I can say that this game is NOT worth buying. But you wont listen, you'll buy it anyways....and you'll be sorry.

[quote name='crazy blain']Just to state how in-depth I've played this game, I have 975 Gamerscore in this game (missed one stupid achievement) and I can say that this game is NOT worth buying. But you wont listen, you'll buy it anyways....and you'll be sorry.[/quote]

You went through the trouble of getting a 975 gamerscore on it, and you don't like it? :fridge:

[quote name='1trueshad0w']This game was terrible... I think I got 10% into the first disc before I felt like killing myself[/quote]

wow 10% :roll:, RPGs are probably not for you then, I think it's a great RPG

[quote name='crazy blain']Just to state how in-depth I've played this game, I have 975 Gamerscore in this game (missed one stupid achievement) and I can say that this game is NOT worth buying. But you wont listen, you'll buy it anyways....and you'll be sorry.[/QUOTE]

No, I'll listen to you on this one ... :lol: ... but I'm sure glad I bought Golden Axe: Beast Rider despite everyone's warnings because I actually wound up liking that one alot.

[quote name='charlescheese']You went through the trouble of getting a 975 gamerscore on it, and you don't like it? :fridge:[/quote]
Yes

i liked blue dragon a lot. the first disc was kinda bleh but it picks up towards the end, and the 2nd and 3rd discs are 1000% better. well worth 12 bucks

975g on this game is impressive... it's stingy with it's achievements!

[quote name='crazy blain']Yes[/quote]

Why? If the achievements aren't necessarily easy, why waste so much time on this game if you don't like it? There are plenty of other bad games out there with easy achievements...or even good ones! :lol:

The story kinda sucks and the whole game has that kiddie vibe, but I did enjoy it. There was a real derth of rpgs when I was playing through and it helped tide me over. The job system appealled to my OCD tendencies and the battle system was solid if unremarkable. I paid about $10 for it a few years ago and its worth that, IMO.

And wow, 975 gamer pts?! That's some serious time comittment....

I loved this game. Yes, hearing Shu yell "I won't give up" a million times made me want to stab him in the face, but other than that it was fine (if juvenile). Being able to configure skills to have two characters specializing in both black AND white magic helped a lot. Reminded me a lot of the early Final Fantasy games with how straightforward the customization is. It's probably the first RPG I've finished since Chronotrigger. lol

The opinions in this thread match what I've considered this game to be: a fence. I admit I played the demo when it was first released and was unimpressed, but I'm quite hardcore with Japanese RPGs and I'm willing to give Sakaguchi the benefit of the doubt that I'll find some degree of justification for $13.00.

[quote name='charlescheese']Why? If the achievements aren't necessarily easy, why waste so much time on this game if you don't like it? There are plenty of other bad games out there with easy achievements...or even good ones! :lol:[/quote]

Because I paid $50 for it and I have an achievement addiction.

Bottom line is, the game sucks, and sucks bad. I have no reason to lie about it. There was never a moment when I thought it had picked up or had become "more fun". But then again, that's just my opinion and obviously some people will find this game extremely enjoyable.

But they would be wrong.

[quote name='hollowfreak']No, I'll listen to you on this one ... :lol: ... but I'm sure glad I bought Golden Axe: Beast Rider despite everyone's warnings because I actually wound up liking that one alot.[/quote] Wish i had picked that up, myself : /

Feel the same way about Conan for the 360. Lot of bad feedback on it but I picked it up for $10 at Circuit City and I really ended up enjoying it.

[quote name='crazy blain']Because I paid $50 for it and I have an achievement addiction.

Bottom line is, the game sucks, and sucks bad. I have no reason to lie about it. There was never a moment when I thought it had picked up or had become "more fun". But then again, that's just my opinion and obviously some people will find this game extremely enjoyable.

But they would be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I would kill to have the time some of you people have, unfortunately, I have a job and a life, so I don't have 100 hours to kill on a game just so people who don't even know me think I'm an elite gamer...
Why don't you develop a crack addiction?
It's way cooler than achievements, seriously, do it...
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I would kill to have the time some of you people have, unfortunately, I have a job and a life, so I don't have 100 hours to kill on a game just so people who don't even know me think I'm an elite gamer...
Why don't you develop a crack addiction?
It's way cooler than achievements, seriously, do it...
-Goatman[/quote]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='crazy blain']Because I paid $50 for it and I have an achievement addiction.

But they would be wrong.[/quote]

I can understand that, but at the same time, I'll only go for achievements if the time they take to get is reasonable, and I enjoy the game I'm playing. To each his own though.

[quote name='CaoPi']wow 10% :roll:, RPGs are probably not for you then, I think it's a great RPG[/QUOTE]

No, I usually love them but..
-the main character said "I won't give up" waaay too much
-costumes were very familiar
-dialogue was lame
-story was lame (shark attacks my hometown, we go after it, end up in some evil guy's plane, eat glowing orbs, then i'm not sure what the point is after we crash)
-characters were bland
-same old combat; the class system didn't help

EDIT:
Oh and the characters (who were supposed to be 16 I think) looked like they were 9

well I noticed it's actually sold out, but you can pick up Blue Dragon at amazon for 14.99 now. I just ordered that along with Fable 2 for $60 total.

I really thoroughly enjoyed this game. The characters are kinda cheesy but in a good way. Anyone who doesn't like MaruMaru gets a punch in the face. For those of you calling the story dumb, just keeping playing until you get to Jibral. It really takes off from there and it'll go by in a flash (8-12 hours in.)

For the Achievement Whores out there:

Achievement Unlocked: You'll never get laid.
50,000 points.

I've hated JRPGs all my life. Despised them. I've really been enjoying Blue Dragon though. I'm part way through disc 2/3 and haven't gotten bored. I love the fact that you can see an enemy and elect to take them on or not. I hate the JRPGs where you're just walking along then all of a sudden a frickin battle happens and you have no real way of preventing it.

I got Blue Dragon for $9.99 from Fred Meyer when they were clearancing several games. For $20 or less, this is a must-own in my opinion. I never thought I'd see myself post something positive regarding a JRPG. Next thing you know we'll have a black guy as President!

[quote name='CaoPi']wow 10%
74563ba21a90da13dacf2a73e3ddefa7.gif
, RPGs are probably not for you then, I think it's a great RPG[/quote]

Same. But to each his own I guess. Not everyone enjoys the same type of games. What's stupid to one person may be fun to another.

I love JRPGs, i seriously have not ran into one that i know of where i actually HATED the game.

Infact the only RPG i ever played that i didnt like was Shadow Madness *and im talking about with RPG's in general*

Now Kindgom Hearts i dont think are RPG's, are they? i mean they are but there action adventure type like Zelda. and i never cared for either series. *I KNOW, WTF right?*

I wish i would of got this game. oh well

I personally loved this game, and I think it is a steal at this price. That being said, I was already aware of what kind of RPG it was before I bought and played it. There is a lot of level grinding and cheesy dialog to get through, but I still enjoyed it immensely. The storyline gets better over time, and the first disc does drag on a bit. Get past the first disc, and things get much more interesting. The boss battles are very entertaining, but this is just my opinion.

That's a great deal for how many hours of gameplay you get with this game. Whether that gameplay is worth playing is relative to how much you love JRPGs, from what I understand.

[quote name='crazy blain']Just to state how in-depth I've played this game, I have 975 Gamerscore in this game (missed one stupid achievement) and I can say that this game is NOT worth buying. But you wont listen, you'll buy it anyways....and you'll be sorry.[/quote]

The curse of Gamerscore... going through a crappy game just for a measly 975 and how many hours of your life (that you can't ever get back)?? :D

[quote name='1trueshad0w']This game was terrible... I think I got 10% into the first disc before I felt like killing myself[/quote]

That's how I felt about the demo. I wanted to love this game... but the demo... just... killed it. Felt ridiculously slow and grindy... :drool:

I'm right there with you blain. I have 1000/1000 because of a severe achievement addiction, more than that I intend to get maximum play time for what money i can spend.

Putting 100 hours into a game that's over a year old doesn't mean someone has no life or job either. If it came out last week though I could agree, but it didn't.

This game plods along, and unless you have a new 360, I just can't see anyone willing to commit what this game needs, who doesn't already have it. It's like a Nick Jr Dragon Quest 8.

I dont know what the beef is with this game, i see people foaming at the mouth salivating over games that have dialogue or gameplay just as cheesy but people seem to have a hatred for this game, maybe its xbox 360 market and lack of familarity with japanese rpgs, but this game had a fantastic story, great music(i bought the soundtrack) and aside from a few small gripes with voice acting it really isnt as bad as people make it out to be in this thread. but for $13.99 and in many cases $59.99 you can do a whole lot worse in todays game market.

[quote name='iceblast21']

That's how I felt about the demo. I wanted to love this game... but the demo... just... killed it. Felt ridiculously slow and grindy... :drool:[/quote]

The demo was horrible. Doesnt represent the game well at all. I actually put off buying it for 2 months because of the demo.

For anyone who wanted to like it but didnt like the demo i highly recommend giving the full game a chance!

Game is pretty good. Most people prefer Lost Odyssey but I wasn't totally dissapointed in the $60 spent in it as it was hyped to be one of the best RPGs of all time, when in reality it was a good RPG but nothing in Persona or Suikoden's league.

bread's done
Back