Free!! Half-Life 2 Deathmatch/Half-Life 2 Lost Coast/Portal

Awesome, I have all but Portal on the PC (got it on 360), but been wanting to get that for the user content. Thanks!

It definitely works. This deals been around for a long time. I remembered it right when I got my new laptop with an nvidia card in it.

Oh sorry, i downloaded the NVIDIA one, and that one has Portal. I dont know about the ATI one but i think it still should have it since its basically the same thing basically.

Like others have said its just a Portal Demo. Nice to get Half life 2 Deathmatch though. Get that Zombie mod and have some fun unless you have Left 4 Dead :)

How long will this be available? Will be buying a new notebook tomorrow with an nvidia card, but have to wait for it to come in the mail.

Very old news, but I guess this is a decent post, seeing as how some people still haven't gotten in on it, apparently.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']How long will this be available? Will be buying a new notebook tomorrow with an nvidia card, but have to wait for it to come in the mail.[/QUOTE]

The nVidia offer has been around since February 2008, and the ATI is possibly even older. I highly doubt that they'll be disappearing within the next few days.

[quote name='Metalic']Like others have said its just a Portal Demo. Nice to get Half life 2 Deathmatch though. Get that Zombie mod and have some fun unless you have Left 4 Dead :)[/QUOTE]

To play Source-engine mods, a user has to own at least one Source-engine game (TF2, HL2, Portal, L4D, etc), to have access to the Source SDK. Unfortunately, the nVidia/ATI offer does not give access to the Source SDK, so you'll still have to have paid for at least one Source-engine game, to play Source-engine mods.

Bump as this deal is still available and I'm guessing there's a lot of guys out there jumping on new video cards as the 2009 models are coming out... Just downloaded yesterday. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Treythalomew']Its just a demo of portal but its a pretty big demo. 11 levels[/quote]

This makes me happy. I would be p1ssed if it was the full version cuz I just paid $2 for a CD-KEY! LoL.

Without level 19, this game is so so...see if anyone is selling cd-keys from the Circuit City closeout for cheap (people were getting them for $2.50 + tax).

There are some extra levels (3rd party) you can download (you have HL2, the free deathmatch thing might work for this, not sure). One is called "The Flash Version". One is Ren Test Maps, and I forget what the other is.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='playing mantis']There are some extra levels (3rd party) you can download (you have HL2, the free deathmatch thing might work for this, not sure). One is called "The Flash Version". One is Ren Test Maps, and I forget what the other is.[/quote]

Portal mods require the full version of Portal. Furthermore, no, as I stated, the free ATI/nVidia installs of HL2DM do not give access to the Source SDK, so you won't be able to play standalone mods without having paid for at least one Source-engine game.

[quote name='thebattlebegins']This is still working?[/QUOTE]

Gee, I dunno, have you considered clicking the links and seeing for yourself?

Was typing this message seriously easier and faster than clicking on two links?

bread's done
Back