I would apperciate it if you guys would check out my new video game blog

You went through the trouble of registering a domain and asking us to read it. Yet you couldn't be bothered to actually read your solitary "review" yourself before posting it? Proofread your stuff, add more of it, and THEN ask people to look at it.

I mean, you wrote about Gears 2:
"This is one of the most reccommend games for xbox 360 that is out so far."

Seriously?
I hope English is a second language for you. I don't mean to bust your balls, but A) you wasted my time, B) you basically spammed CAG, and C) I'm a writer and former game journalist so I'm a little touchy about the subject.

Alright man I see where you are coming from, I'm not the greatest writer in the world and I don't proofread my shit. I didn't spam anything I just asked and as I said you can go ahead and bust my balls, Now if you would like to give me some constructive tips and help my writing style I'd appreciate it instead of you just giving me shit and not trying to help....

Well starting to proofread your shit would be the first tip. If you're going to blog you have to proofread it if you want people to keep reading it.

I actually took the blog over from my brother so i guess he might be getting paid..I didn't know.. If this is against the rules delete this thread sorry guys.

Hey man you only have two posts :p

If you want people to come back make sure you put out lots of posts so people have something new to read everyday (or twice a day ect;)

I do like the layout since it's not messy but do add some widgets or graphics like screen shots to help get the reader drawn in

It's hard to start something like this and there are lots of people that will put you down but keep it up

Don't give up on this blog, but just know it's going to take some work before you find an audience.

Your reviews could be as thorough and honest as ever, but if they lack style I don't think anyone will pay attention. Try developing a unique style. I think gamers nowadays being between the ages of 15-30 appreciate some cheap humour, like memes and sex jokes....don't believe me, check out Destructoid.com. Or you could go on the more technical side of things, and appeal to the nerds that like numbers and post your deep theories on the gaming market.

Most importantly be unique, and up to date with your topics. You might also want to get a memorable logo and title in there too.

Wow thanks guys, i almost deleted it just because of the people flaming me... But I knew there would be some people here who wouldn't just flame me, and I'm not trying to start some phenomenal blog just something to be informative about and you know give people my opinion on things. But these tips are going to help me a lot.. If anyone is interested in getting together on Aim or Msn or something for some direct help.. just let me know and im down.

It's good you didn't delete it because taking negative comments is something you have to get used to

This is the internet man people kill themselves on this bad boy

Bump this thread when you've updated it and stuff

[quote name='ViolentLee']You went through the trouble of registering a domain and asking us to read it. Yet you couldn't be bothered to actually read your solitary "review" yourself before posting it? Proofread your stuff, add more of it, and THEN ask people to look at it.

I mean, you wrote about Gears 2:
"This is one of the most reccommend games for xbox 360 that is out so far."

Seriously?
I hope English is a second language for you. I don't mean to bust your balls, but A) you wasted my time, B) you basically spammed CAG, and C) I'm a writer and former game journalist so I'm a little touchy about the subject.[/quote]

A little harsh on the guy, but I agree....

bread's done
Back