PS3 Hori Real Arcade Pro $89.99 Amazon

Compared to what I paid to import mine from Japan last year this is a great deal. Street Fighter IV sticks are coming soon though.

Very cool OP. I'm stickin' with plain old VF hori sticks on 360 and those black hori sticks on PS3. I know these are better components and such, but even as a former fighting game enthusiast and evo/texas showdown competitor, I can no longer tell the difference in execution.

For purely informational purposes to compare prices and availability for other sticks:

360 one is coming out soon as well but is not on sale - http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Real-Arcade-Pro-EX/dp/B001GDONZS/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

SFIV stick preorder - http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte...ystation-3/dp/B001M22WN8/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_c

[quote name='ramatut4001']Compared to what I paid to import mine from Japan last year this is a great deal. Street Fighter IV sticks are coming soon though.[/quote]

From Play-Asia, the PS3 Hori Real Arcade Pro was $89.99 and they were charging $40 for shipping.

I'm also waiting for more info on the SFIV sticks. But if I didn't save up and been given options, I'd go w/ the Real Arcade Pro in a heartbeat.

Thanks OP :)
And silenth3ro trust me it's much better
smile.gif

hori real arcade tops the deal, althuogh it will get some time for those who have never used a square gate before

Despite being released by MadCatz, my friend - a fighting game enthusiast - told me that the SFIV arcade sticks use genuine arcade components and come highly recommended from fighting game pros.

[quote name='makstaks']If you get a full set of Sanwa buttons it will be arcade perfect. Should cost around $30 extra dollars. You can get them here...

http://www.akihabarashop.jp/developments/index.php
http://www.lizardlick.com/
http://www.ebay.com/

I personally prefer seimitsu buttons. $120 total for arcade perfect is a steal :hot:

I paid 165 for my HRAP2SA[/quote]

I paid $120 on eBay for my modded PS2 10th Anniversary Tekken stick...it has a Sanwa JLF bat-top and Seimitsu's. WIth my Pelican adapter, it works like a CHARM for SSF2THDR....I just wish I bought another Pelican when I bought mine at Game Crazy almost 2 years ago for $14.:cry:

[quote name='PikaPichu']Despite being released by MadCatz, my friend - a fighting game enthusiast - told me that the SFIV arcade sticks use genuine arcade components and come highly recommended from fighting game pros.[/quote]
They're all the rage over at Shoryuken.com. I"m planning on getting one of the cheaper ones and swapping out for Sanwa parts if I ever get to the level of not sucking.

would it be more cost effective for me to pick up a pelican adapter for my ps3 tekken5 hori sticks?

This may qualify as one of the dumbest questions in history, but can you use these joysticks (this one and the Madcatz SFIV one) in games other than fighting?

[quote name='enufs8d']would it be more cost effective for me to pick up a pelican adapter for my ps3 tekken5 hori sticks?[/quote]

They sell for at least $45.00 (if you can find one on Ebay), so I'd say getting the additional stick for $90.00 would be a better option.

I love this stick. Been playing with it for the past few days, works like a CHAMP. Tried so far:
PS3 - Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Soldner X
PC (via MAME) -Simpsons, X-MEN, Galaga (HECK YES), about to try out some more

[quote name='silent h3ro']Hey guys how much better is playing with a fighting stick compared to a PS3 controller? I'm really considering one.[/quote]

It's a matter of personal preference, I played Tekken 5 with a stick and with just a PS controller and I prefer the controller. If you're going into it hardcore and playing others who are just as into it, it'll probably be good to have a stick, but if you're just at home and casual, there is no need for it.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Hey guys how much better is playing with a fighting stick compared to a PS3 controller? I'm really considering one.[/QUOTE]

Like Thons said it's really a matter of preference. Was getting into Soul Calibur 4, yes I know hardly the most hardcore game, so I ordered a Hori stick from Amazon and just couldn't get into it since it was that big of a difference from the controller. It was a good difference quality wise of course but kind of the same idea as getting really used to using a ball mouse to play a shooter then upgrading to a 3000dpi laser mouse.

[quote name='Takeda Kenshi']This may qualify as one of the dumbest questions in history, but can you use these joysticks (this one and the Madcatz SFIV one) in games other than fighting?[/quote]
Yes, though they need to not have use of the 2nd analog stick. PSN space shooters that aren't Stardust HD would be good candidates.

[quote name='Takeda Kenshi']This may qualify as one of the dumbest questions in history, but can you use these joysticks (this one and the Madcatz SFIV one) in games other than fighting?[/QUOTE]

Most stuff will recognize em but what they're actually playable with will vary a little bit since it's usually set up so the stick takes the place of the pad on the controller and the buttons the triggers and face buttons. So arcade style games, things that don't require analog control are a nice retro feel to them.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Most stuff will recognize em but what they're actually playable with will vary a little bit since it's usually set up so the stick takes the place of the pad on the controller and the buttons the triggers and face buttons. So arcade style games, things that don't require analog control are a nice retro feel to them.[/QUOTE]

These sticks allow you to select whether the joystick serves as right or left analog, or d-pad.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Was thinking about buying this, but got a Fighting Stick 3 for 45. :D[/quote]

Sorry to hear about that.

So let's just say I'm considering getting Street Fighter 4. PS3 or 360? I'm interested in getting this stick, but I already have the EX sticks for both 360 and PS3.

bread's done
Back