Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne Atlus USA PS2 - $25 shipped

[quote name='djricekcn']Is it even a deal? The price isnt really a deal, but the game is somewhat rare[/QUOTE]

Correction: "was" rare

Atlus has been reprinting these games in mass quantities. Nocturne is no longer "rare".

how does this game rate against P3 and P4? I've played P3 FES, enjoyed it, but stopped playing for a period and have not been able to get back into it.

Persona series and the authentic Shin Megaten series are way different, just sharing the same enemies and stuff. Shin Mega stories are usually alot darker than the Persona series (excluding P2). Authentically, Persona series isn't suppose to be recognized as the Shin Megaten series, but they probably did that over here in the Western market so it's easier to recognize for a minor series in the states.

Thanks I missed out on this when it was cheap on Amazon, picked it up now.

For those who say it's not a deal where can I currently get it cheaper, nowhere I can find.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']how does this game rate against P3 and P4? I've played P3 FES, enjoyed it, but stopped playing for a period and have not been able to get back into it.[/QUOTE]

It's much better IMO, the game is pretty tough though. Although there is very little story, it gets the job done and held my attention much better than P3 or P4 did. Definitely worth the cost here.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']how does this game rate against P3 and P4? I've played P3 FES, enjoyed it, but stopped playing for a period and have not been able to get back into it.[/quote]

Starting an entire team of the Pokemon-like creatures is a lot more fun than combat in P3 in my opinion, but at the same time the actual recruitment of said demons is total crap. If you're basing it off their personalities, good luck - there's no set structure to what demon types like/respond to...so it's just a guess. And bribery and other methods are equally shallow...a capture system like an actual Pokemon game would've been preferred IMO.

I like the P3 setting more, and it feels like the beginning of Nocturne had such a strong opening to the story...but ultimately lets down and you don't really get into it much more beyond the basic premise of the 'world reconstruction' bit.

Absolutely love the difficulty though, especially on Hard. Well, except for the Matador...that fight really shouldn't have been so overwhelming at the time it occurs...considering everything thereafter is a joke.

Hama skills are still annoying ^.^

[quote name='fakero']Was thinking of getting a copy but it's out of stock now. :([/QUOTE]

Don't worry, it probably the reprint edition. Also, the amazon usually has a deal with this game every once an while.

[quote name='Megaten']Starting an entire team of the Pokemon-like creatures is a lot more fun than combat in P3 in my opinion, but at the same time the actual recruitment of said demons is total crap. If you're basing it off their personalities, good luck - there's no set structure to what demon types like/respond to...so it's just a guess. And bribery and other methods are equally shallow...a capture system like an actual Pokemon game would've been preferred IMO.

I like the P3 setting more, and it feels like the beginning of Nocturne had such a strong opening to the story...but ultimately lets down and you don't really get into it much more beyond the basic premise of the 'world reconstruction' bit.

Absolutely love the difficulty though, especially on Hard. Well, except for the Matador...that fight really shouldn't have been so overwhelming at the time it occurs...considering everything thereafter is a joke.

Hama skills are still annoying ^.^[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention that you fuse demons just link in Persona. Verbal recruitment is a guessing game sometimes. Even worse when they keep asking for stuff, then run away.

Nocturne is more of a straight up JRPG than Persona 3 and 4 Instead of cut scenes, the story really comes from NPC dialogue. The days aren't structured. Instead, you wander around post-apocalyptic Tokyo.

[quote name='Megaten']Absolutely love the difficulty though, especially on Hard. Well, except for the Matador...that fight really shouldn't have been so overwhelming at the time it occurs...considering everything thereafter is a joke.

Hama skills are still annoying ^.^[/quote]

Let's not forget the fight against Dante and Beelzebub's fly form. Oh gosh, they are hard too.

bread's done
Back