Wombat and the UGO blog?

Too bad, I know Wombat said they payed shit and Cheapy made fun of him. But it sounded like he enjoyed doing the press events and the videos.
Sorry Wombat

Wombat really seemed to enjoy what he was doing there, despite the pay. He got a nice amount of junk drawer games (which ended up more useful as trade-credit), seemed to have fun writing the blog and don't forget the Advance Wars event. I think Wombat can make it being that it isn't his full time job.

Now of the EGM employees, many work for 1Up and I'm sure their top review team will make it safe. I wouldn't think that will be the case with a large portion of the EGM team that's not as well known though.

Wow, forget what I said 2 posts ago. Looks like pretty much everyone from 1Up is gone. That's pretty unfair for everyone. There goes my 3rd favorite gaming podcast...

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']wrong spot.[/quote]

Not a big fan of your kind. Anyways, with this EGM shutdown I have no magazines at all coming to me anymore. :cry:

It s on the show we just finished, of course we didnt have all the news about 1up. But yes I have been let go from UGO.

Dirty Pool UGO, Dirty Pool

In protest, I will be removing the blog from my favorites. I hope other CAGs will do the same.

[quote name='MPDXrules']Dirty Pool UGO, Dirty Pool

In protest, I will be removing the blog from my favorites. I hope other CAGs will do the same.[/QUOTE]

I certainly will. Is there even a reason to go there without Wombat? Wombat is what made that blog relevant and with him no longer there, there's no reason to use UGO over sites like Kotaku and Joystiq.

wombat needs a video show his advance wars stuff was amazing and the rockband stuff wasnt to bad either.
Also now that wombat is gone from ugo im removing it from my bookmarks and 1up to now because they destroyed it.

Well it was pretty obvious he'd been layed off after the comments on the last CAGcast.

Its also interesting that a few months ago Wombat mentioned the reason he was given the job was because UGO wanted to be more of a "player" in the gaming industry. Looks like they were very serious about that now.

I also don't know why the UGO buying 1up such a shock, I remember reading about it like a week or longer ago and looked legit.

I remember thinking when I read that rumor that maybe it would help Wombat get a better job or something better afterall the UGO gamesblog only got more hits thanks to Wombat. I mean if you looked the only posts that would get comments were the ones from Wombat. Mostly because of his fanbase and not necessarily the post but thats irrelevant. Too bad they just used Wombat but on the bright side look at all the important people from EGM/1up that were also layed off. Not that its a good thing but it shows that UGO doesn't care about talent so don't feel too bad Wombat.

[quote name='MPDXrules']Dirty Pool UGO, Dirty Pool

In protest, I will be removing the blog from my favorites. I hope other CAGs will do the same.[/QUOTE]

Done and done.

[quote name='Z_meista']the gamesblog at ugo still has wombat on the header. haha.[/quote]

Because he didn't get fired from the blog they just don't wanna pay him anymore but he can still make posts there.

bread's done
Back