Wombat Defense Force Rally

kongfunk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So after the news of the layoffs at 1up and UGO. Click here for current state of damage. I'm pissed :bomb: I listen to almost all of the 1up network podcast between the time when Cheapy and Wombat are to lazy to give us a show. With at least 2 people missing from each there not going to be the same.
So I say we rally for are fallen comrades in the industrial and boycott whatever unholy beast comes out of this merger.

At present, the following 1UP staff have indicated -- either in tweets, forum posts, or directly to us -- that they have been let go: Andrew "Skip" Pfister, Matt Chandronait, Ryan O'Donnell, Jay Fresh, Cesar Quintero, Philip Kollar, Nick Suttner, Anthony Gallegos, Shane Bettenhausen, James "Milkman" Mielke.

Not making the transfer over to Hearst will be Electronic Gaming Monthly. The long running magazine will be discontinued after the January 2009 issue, marking the end of its twenty-year print run. EGM was Ziff Davis' sole remaining print magazine after the cancellation of PC Magazine.

Wow...that sucks a lot.

Milkman's been around for awhile, oh well. How can these people be our comrades? we do not work beside them to achieve a common goal, people like you are there audience. Its corporate America and layoffs are only natural when companies merge. Plus, UGO seems to have paid Wombat shit for his blogs and maybe people can find something better.

EGM was my favorite magazine in the day, but Ziff Davis let the quality go to shit and now Game Informer is the better magazine. It sucks that people lost there jobs, but thats what happens. If these guys have any talent, than they should have no problem finding a job elsewhere or even creating there own company. Dan Shou did it, the guy that got fired for giving Kane and Lynch a bad review on Gamespot did it, and I am sure that others will land on there feet.

bread's done
Back