- - - - -

pelican system selector pro $40 YMMV

#35 clariste   Holy diver... CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:52 AM

I know very little about home theater jargon and schematics, so someone tell me why I wouldn't want to buy this:

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=2233631

instead of an $80 model, or even a $40 model. Thanks.

#41 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:56 PM

> The same! It's nice to see a fellow FP gamer again!

The AVS Forums had a comparison of the various video selectors and their output. If you do a slow search on "Pelican Component", I'm sure a ton of threads will appear.

Here's the review. Note that the review is from a competitor, but the analysis is based on a oscilloscope reading.

#43 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:37 PM

[quote name='"weaponx666"'][quote name='tokerblue'][quote name='weaponx666']Exactly. R u the tokerblue from the Fire Pro D boards on gamefaqs from a few years ago?[/quote]
> The same! It's nice to see a fellow FP gamer again!

The AVS Forums had a comparison of the various video selectors and their output. If you do a slow search on "Pelican Component", I'm sure a ton of threads will appear.

Here's the review. Note that the review is from a competitor, but the analysis is based on a oscilloscope reading.[/quote]

Why would you buy component cables for each system if your tv does not support component video input. You are just going to mash all the signals back together then.

#45 Mojimbo   Ashes to Ashes CAGiversary!   19630 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:26 PM

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=801888

I was going to buy it the other night, but I noticed the gamestop logo so I decided to hold off and buy the regular version later on instead. they also had a sign saying $5 off (all?) system selectors but I didn't inquire about it.

#56 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:34 PM

WeaponX666: You can get very inexpensive Saturn S-Video cables from the ConsoleAccessories.com closeout:

ConsoleAccessories.com Closeout Sale ($3.47 each).

They're not official, but they still work great. I've ordered from that site a few times and have gotten good service.

Good luck!

#60 Fanboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   553 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:28 PM

The cost is nice, but the shipping ($4.35!) kills the deal.
You can find the same cable for the same price all day, every day, on ebay. Here's one shipped for $7 (not my auction):
Cheaper S-Video cable.