Prinny Can I Really Be the Hero (PSP) Limited Pre-Order Bundles are up on Rosenqueen!

Showstoppa42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Pre-Orders start today, with both bundles being limited to 1000 preorders. From the NISA email:

"Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?" will be packaged in a premium box. It'll be the very first PSP premium box set! It'll come with the game, official soundtrack, and an exclusive Prinny comic page from Penny Arcade! On top of these cool treats, you'll get more cool stuff with RosenQueen's special preorder sets! Check them out!

Premium Box: Game, Soundtrack, 1 Comic Page (This should be the same package that's available at retail stores) for $39.99

http://www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=290&DC=A09NJ

Bundle 1. Here to the Rescue Set: Includes the Premium Box, Red Scarf Prinny Plushie, Prinny PSP Pouch for $64.99

http://www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=291&DC=A09NJ

Bundle 2. Ultra Dessert Set: Includes everything in the Hero to the Rescue Set, as well as the Disgaea Graphic Novel for $69.99

prinny_ultra_dessert_set.jpg

http://www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=292&DC=A09JN

Also, the Prinny PSP Pouch and the Red Scarf Prinny Plushie are available for Pre-Orders seperate from the bundles:

Prinny PSP Pouch ($11.99): http://www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=294&HS=1

Red Scarf Prinny Plushie ($14.99): http://www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=293&HS=1

And for comparison's sake, the Disgaea Graphic Novel is listed at $9.99 on Rosenqueen's website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I don't really like the extras, the normal version with CD, Comic, and big box has everything I want (Which is more or less just the CD), so I'll just buy it in store.

u can buy the Prinny plush on its own for $15, and the blue pouch for $12,

so u only save $2 buying the 2nd bundle.

for those like myself who are intrigued by the toy but have no need for the pouch,

I can buy the game and toy together for $55, $10 less than the bundle!!

I couldn't care less about a carrying case because my PSP is skinned heavily for my yearly 3287854645564 accidental drops. >_>

The plushie on the other hand is badassery personified. I want that in my car asap.

This is really a great example of a game that should be $20 and yet they are insisting on charging $40 and giving you a box and a comic you will never read. Collector's editions should be reserved for games that really move the art of gaming forward, not throw-away obscure titles.

[quote name='tsunami_bomb3r']btw, anyone else coming to this thread think that there was a special edition prinny PSP for sale?[/quote]

I sure did. :cry:

[quote name='Ryukahn']I sure did. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Me too. Although I'm glad it isn't. I can't afford another PSP and being denied a Prinny one would break my heart.

Hmm I wonder if they are going to do some kind of bundle for Cross Edge since it is out around the same time.

So the soundtrack is pretty much the only thing that's not being sold separately? You save a few bucks but it doesn't seem worth it... though the deluxe box would be nice.:whistle2:k Plus, the fact that they're the only online retailer I've ever shopped at that charges you when you place the order and not when they actually ship it.

Not sure about this one... but I'll go for it for now.

[quote name='Vinny']So the soundtrack is pretty much the only thing that's not being sold separately? You save a few bucks but it doesn't seem worth it...[/QUOTE]

not that it's much, but there's also the penny arcade comic thing

[quote name='phear3d']i would get this.. but i dont like the fact that rosenqueen preorders charges your card right away.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I paid for Puchi Puchi Virus last summer and I'm probably not going to get it until this Spring :cry:

[quote name='Josef']Tell me about it. I paid for Puchi Puchi Virus last summer and I'm probably not going to get it until this Spring :cry:[/QUOTE]

haha me too.

[quote name='bojay1997']Collector's editions should be reserved for games that really move the art of gaming forward, not throw-away obscure titles.[/QUOTE]

I was going to comment on this, but it's so wrong I'm not sure where to start. Anyways I'll probably just order the game from Amazon, I've already got the manga, and saving like two bucks off the plush and pouch by ordering the bundle isn't really a great deal for me.

[quote name='bojay1997']Collector's editions should be reserved for games that really move the art of gaming forward, not throw-away obscure titles.[/QUOTE]

I'm dying to hear some examples. *prays for MGS4*

[quote name='Halo05']I'm dying to hear some examples. *prays for MGS4*[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll play. I think Bioshock really deserved it's collector's edition. This is just a cute little game which is probably going to be fun to play, but there is no way it should be $40 and include a box, comic and CD. Making it $20 and therefore making it an impulse buy for more people would have been a great way to go. As it stands, this is going to become a niche, niche title.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, I'll play. I think Bioshock really deserved it's collector's edition. This is just a cute little game which is probably going to be fun to play, but there is no way it should be $40 and include a box, comic and CD. Making it $20 and therefore making it an impulse buy for more people would have been a great way to go. As it stands, this is going to become a niche, niche title.[/quote]

It's a semi-short shooter. It boils down to an FPS games that has magic. Yea, it's pretty, get over it. It's fairly linear, while yes you can explore some, MOST games have *some* exploration you can do, but by all means you are stuck going from Point A to Point B.

I agree that Bioshock at least justified the price of its collector edition. $10 over regular price with a big-ass, cool looking figure in some impressive (if easily damaged :( ) packaging is cool with me. Anyhow, I don't want to push this off-topic anymore than I already have. It's late and I'm tired. I should be playing videogames rather than picking fights about them.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, I'll play. I think Bioshock really deserved it's collector's edition. This is just a cute little game which is probably going to be fun to play, but there is no way it should be $40 and include a box, comic and CD. Making it $20 and therefore making it an impulse buy for more people would have been a great way to go. As it stands, this is going to become a niche, niche title.[/QUOTE]

This is just a game with some pre order bonus and some extra that you can buy separately. At $40 it is around the same price as other Atlus and NISA PSP games. NISA been making limited bundle/deal for a lot of their recent games, and they always manage to sold out.

[quote name='addicted2games']I don't even know what a prinny is.[/quote]

Yeah, me neither...that's how I got drawn into this thread. Whatever it is, it certainly seems fit for a rosenqueen.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I need assurance this game won't suck before I buy it at $40.[/quote]

I've played the import as best I could with my basic Japanese, and I thought it was fantastic. I didn't want to play too far in and spoil anything, though; I'm waiting for the English version.

If you like platformers, NIS, Prinnies, Disgaea and extras, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.

I personally just want the game. Is it $29.99 without all the extras? Or is the $39.99 model the only one available? I really despise paying $40 for portable games, but I'd do it in this case if I had to. I don't want to wait for a price drop on this one. I want to support it by purchasing as soon as possible.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I was gonna say I really love the pouch and plushie, but I don't think I want the game... and the OP has me covered![/quote]

You don't WANT it?? *baffled* Do you not like platformers, or what?

[quote name='addicted2games']I don't even know what a prinny is.[/quote]

It's an exploding, penguin-like being, the reincarnation of someone needing to pay off a karmic debt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prinny

[quote name='georox']It's a semi-short shooter. It boils down to an FPS games that has magic. Yea, it's pretty, get over it.[/quote]

How is it an "FPS"? Or were you talking about Bioshock? Prinny is a platformer. If you think it's just "pretty" and needs to be gotten over, you're obviously not the target audience and not appreciating it for the right reasons.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, I'll play. I think Bioshock really deserved it's collector's edition. This is just a cute little game which is probably going to be fun to play, but there is no way it should be $40 and include a box, comic and CD. Making it $20 and therefore making it an impulse buy for more people would have been a great way to go. As it stands, this is going to become a niche, niche title.[/QUOTE]

It's an NIS America game. It's already a niche title. Odds of seeing this in any b&m store besides GameStop or Game Crazy are very low. Also as far as I'm aware every NIS America PSP title has been priced at $40 at release and none of them came with anything like this.

[quote name='lorddct']I broke. Darn it. I'll also have to break when Disgaea 2 comes out for PSP. LOVE YOU NIS for bringing these games to the PSP.[/quote]

disgaea 2 for the psp? sweet.

I played the import and love platformers but thought this game was really lame. I was totally disappointed. The play mechanics were just ok but the game is boring. The only good thing was the background and boss graphics. Reminded of a me-too mario game from the 16 bit era.

Anyone know how this game was reviewed in famitsu? I am really torn on this because on one hand if there are only 1000 of these it might be extreamly limited and sky rocket in value and I wouldnt mind getting the extras and having another nice rare piece in my collection.....on the flip side this is not a game I normally would buy day 1 and I am nervous its going to suck.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']

How is it an "FPS"? Or were you talking about Bioshock? Prinny is a platformer. If you think it's just "pretty" and needs to be gotten over, you're obviously not the target audience and not appreciating it for the right reasons.[/quote]

I was talking about Bioshock.

[quote name='Nephilim']I played the import and love platformers but thought this game was really lame. I was totally disappointed. The play mechanics were just ok but the game is boring. The only good thing was the background and boss graphics. Reminded of a me-too mario game from the 16 bit era.[/QUOTE]

Did you like the 16 bit marios? THose were my fav....so if this is anything like that that has me pumped.

I bought the case only. $40 seems too steep for this game right now. I'll wait until the game drops to around $20, thankfully most NIS titles seem to do that nowadays.

I almost bought the full bundle though, almost. . .

[quote name='Tom Ato']I bought the case only. $40 seems too steep for this game right now. I'll wait until the game drops to around $20, thankfully most NIS titles seem to do that nowadays.

I almost bought the full bundle though, almost. . .[/QUOTE]

I just bit on the full bundle figuring if nothing else that it seems these have been going up in value....especially in the first few weeks. Mana Khemia bundle which was like this and limited to 1,000 ended up going for like $100+ for the first few months. Like I said if nothing else I figure I can put this up on ebay and make my money back and a small profit if I decide not to keep it. The shipping really pisses me off though, freaking $12 for shipping!

[quote name='MSI Magus']I just bit on the full bundle figuring if nothing else that it seems these have been going up in value....especially in the first few weeks. Mana Khemia bundle which was like this and limited to 1,000 ended up going for like $100+ for the first few months. Like I said if nothing else I figure I can put this up on ebay and make my money back and a small profit if I decide not to keep it. The shipping really pisses me off though, freaking $12 for shipping![/QUOTE]

I am not buying the "Limited to 1000 units" part this time because you can buy the game, pushie, and pouch separatley and there is no limit on them.

[quote name='62t']I am not buying the "Limited to 1000 units" part this time because you can buy the game, pushie, and pouch separatley and there is no limit on them.[/QUOTE]

The case itself might be different though and the comic book is probally limited to 1,000. If not then every gamer that buys this should be emailing them demanding a refund. If you put out a CE and then its not really limited you can justify it by saying you never claimed it was. But you freaking say limited to 1,000 there better be part of it that is indeed limited to 1,000 copies only.

[quote name='MSI Magus']The case itself might be different though and the comic book is probally limited to 1,000. If not then every gamer that buys this should be emailing them demanding a refund. If you put out a CE and then its not really limited you can justify it by saying you never claimed it was. But you freaking say limited to 1,000 there better be part of it that is indeed limited to 1,000 copies only.[/QUOTE]

You know what? I think they're trying to pull a fast one on us...

It says at the website that the Premium set is the one that will be available everywhere. The standard version includes the slipbox with the game, music CD, and PA comic.

Bundle 1 includes everything in the Premium set, plus the plushie and pouch, both of which you can buy separately.

Bundle 2 includes everything in bundle 1, plus the graphic novel, which you can buy separately.

If this is all that varies by the bundles, than I see nothing that makes this limited. The pictures for the box are exactly the same as well and I don't see anything in the text that makes it sound like there'll be something distinctive for the limited bundles.

[quote name='MSI Magus']The case itself might be different though and the comic book is probally limited to 1,000. If not then every gamer that buys this should be emailing them demanding a refund. If you put out a CE and then its not really limited you can justify it by saying you never claimed it was. But you freaking say limited to 1,000 there better be part of it that is indeed limited to 1,000 copies only.[/QUOTE]

Nothing in this bundle looks limited at all.

Also, the more expensive bundle with the Disgaea book is the same one from the Disgaea 2 bundles from way back.

I received an E-mail stating there would only be a limited amount of Mana Khemia PSP titles for preorder. I think the limited nature is referring to their allotment or at least the ones that come with free bonuses.

The only thing distinctive from the bundle is that it cost less than buying everything separately. If the bundle sold out you can get the same thing by paying a lot more.

Incorrect. The standard version which will be available on Amazon, a number of other on-line retailers and GS/EB will have the same outer box, comic and CD. That's why they put that warning on the $40 version.

[quote name='opportunity777']Nothing in this bundle looks limited at all.

Also, the more expensive bundle with the Disgaea book is the same one from the Disgaea 2 bundles from way back.

I received an E-mail stating there would only be a limited amount of Mana Khemia PSP titles for preorder. I think the limited nature is referring to their allotment or at least the ones that come with free bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Its really annoying that they are misleading people like this. I went ahead and tried to cancel my order but I dont see way to do so at their site. Sent them an email with my disappointment both with the pre order being so misleading and the fact that I cant easily cancel and order at their site.

bread's done
Back