Silent Hill: homecoming (Xbox 360) $26.99 shipped from Newegg

I'm still iffy on buying this. I would absolutely love to play silent hill for the first time in my life, but my backlog is way too long because of crhistmas. Anyone vouch for this game or series and offer any comparisons?

[quote name='jaydepps']I'm still iffy on buying this. I would absolutely love to play silent hill for the first time in my life, but my backlog is way too long because of crhistmas. Anyone vouch for this game or series and offer any comparisons?[/quote]

Well, the series as a whole is ridiculously good...with SH2 and SH3 being real standouts. SH2 and SH4 are backward compatible on the 360, so those are definitely worth picking up cheap (SH3 was only available on the PS2). I haven't played Homecoming yet, but from what I've read, it's supposed to be a bit of a step backward for the series.

I know they let an American studio develop the game for the first time, and that may have been a mistake. But really, it's hard for any series to keep its identity when it's being handed off to a new studio. I will definitely play this game at some point because I love the SH games and the whole "alternate world" idea. But I'm in no hurry and will probably wait till this thing drops below $20.

[quote name='wildnuts02']nice. i heard this was a pretty hard game[/QUOTE]

Its not that hard on the normal difficulty and if you get the right ending and save your game afterwards you'll unlock a laser pistol that you can use off the bat on a hard play through (which makes getting the achievement for beating the game on hard easier than the first play through).

Is this for the game new or used? I was totally ready to buy this at 60 earlier in the year so this would be a sweet deal if new

Thanks...will wait for it to go under the $20.00 mark. Just finished Silent Hill for about the 5th or 6th time for the PS1...great game.

This game starts slow/boring, but gets really intense after that. It does get pretty hard though. The surround sound is amazing, and makes it worth $60.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I haven't played Homecoming yet, but from what I've read, it's supposed to be a bit of a step backward for the series. [/quote]

whoah whoah...a bit of a step backwards for the series? whoever said that did not play silent hill 4(and that was by the original japanese team silent). homecoming is flawed, but it's severely underrated. if you're a fan of silent hill in the least bit, you will enjoy homecoming. especially at that price.

This price is worth it. I'd pay $29.99 MAX.

I bought this in the month it came out for $35 shipped from Live cashback. At $35, I do regret that price, though.

This game is made by the people who made Sudeki (uh-oh) and Silent Hill Origins (PSP).

This is a decent game. It doesn't have the same feel that the previous games did, but it's still worth playing. It's fairly challenging on hard, not really that bad on normal.

I don't know, I've never been a Silent Hill fan... played the first one on PS... never touched the series again.

Would you say this is a good place to start?

[quote name='CaoPi']this one also has the funny ufo ending, guess it's gonna be like this for future SH games?[/QUOTE]

I have this game and haven't really had a chance to play a whole lot of it yet. One of the main problems I've heard of though is that it's actually too easy to get the UFO ending (which is essentially a joke ending) on your first play through. On previous games, I think you could only get the UFO ending during a second+ playthrough.

For what I've played so far, the combat, movement, and controls are argueably better than the previous games, but most diehards will tell you that the new controls take away some of the suspense. I think the game is still pretty suspenseful, and the cutscenes still feel right at home with the series. The sound/music is still by Akira Yamaoka (the composer on the previous games), so that's also still top notch.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']I don't know, I've never been a Silent Hill fan... played the first one on PS... never touched the series again.

Would you say this is a good place to start?[/quote]

I would get a copy of Silent Hill 2, easily the pinnacle of the series.

[quote name='morphineseason']I have this game and haven't really had a chance to play a whole lot of it yet. One of the main problems I've heard of though is that it's actually too easy to get the UFO ending (which is essentially a joke ending) on your first play through. On previous games, I think you could only get the UFO ending during a second+ playthrough.

For what I've played so far, the combat, movement, and controls are argueably better than the previous games, but most diehards will tell you that the new controls take away some of the suspense. I think the game is still pretty suspenseful, and the cutscenes still feel right at home with the series. The sound/music is still by Akira Yamaoka (the composer on the previous games), so that's also still top notch.[/QUOTE]

There are 3 factors that lead to each of the 6 (I think 6 anyway) endings. It has to do with the decisions you make when confronted by your parents when you get through a good chunk of the game, and also there is a guy that you can save or not save which. Its really easy to get all endings on 1 play through if you save before each of these parts so you can go back. Well not really 1 play through but you get the idea.

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, please don't user other sites' referral links when posting deals from other sites.
[/quote]

Stupid question alert. What does OP mean? "Original poster" or something like that?

[quote name='James in VA']Stupid question alert. What does OP mean? "Original poster" or something like that?[/quote]
yeah, original poster

I love the silent hill games but i always wait for it to hit the $10-$15 mark.
Plus i would like this on the ps3 since i have all the rest on sony machines.

Thanks for posting OP. :)

I just got this in the mail. Should I be worried that the box has English with Spanish translations (I've never seen this on a game box before)? The packaging notes that the disc is also made in Mexico. Would this disc somehow not work because of the region code? I'm not sure if I want to open to find out or return it.

[quote name='vivisimon6']I just got this in the mail. Should I be worried that the box has English with Spanish translations (I've never seen this on a game box before)? The packaging notes that the disc is also made in Mexico. Would this disc somehow not work because of the region code? I'm not sure if I want to open to find out or return it.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the companies are doing this now. A bunch of my Wii games are in different languages along with English on the back. Should work fine in your 360

bread's done
Back