Stranglehold Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) for $9.99 shipped @ Newegg.com

Good find at great price. Too bad for me because I already own the regular version. It's still unopened. :cold:

[quote name='the_punisher']PS3 CE is better- Hard boiled was a great movie :)[/quote]

Hell yeah! If the PS3 CE comes with Hard Boiled on Blu-ray, you can't pass that up!!! :cool:

The game is def. fun for the $10. I picked up the PS3 CE awhile ago becasue of Hard Boiled. I dont really see it worth getting the 360 CE since it does not include the movie if you already have the standard. If you dont have it or have not played it its a fun game.

The game is a fun 6-8 hour game if you have nothing better to do. Me, i blew through around 7 of these during my Christmas break and enjoyed it (also beat crackdown, saints row, LBP, RSV2, Haze, and parts of army of two, prey, and frontlines).

Overall, worth it if you have nothing better to do. PS3 CE, worth it!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']whats the extras with the collectors edition (just wondering)...

in for one either way, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

As quoted from the product description:
Poetry in Slow Motion - behind the scenes documentary on Midway bringing the style of John Woo to video games; extended scenes which didn't make it into the final game; follow MTV visit with the game team during crunch time; see the progression from concept art to final game.

This is really tempting, but I really don't need another game on the backlog.

Not sure about the extras but i always said I'd buy this game at a decent enough price and I think we have winner. Thanks for this awesome deal.

Nice find. I have been waiting to pick this up. I rented it a long time ago and always wanted to go back and pick up the other achievements.

I've wanted to get it for awhile but have been holding off for the CE to get to this price. Hopefully the PS3 version follows suit as I want Hard Boiled.

Got the regular edition for 10 and haven't played yet. I know I'll enjoy it but Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Saint's Row 2 have kept at their bay. Tomorrow I'm going to start Stranglehold. I only got it beacuse of Cheapy D's praise of it back in the Summer.

I was hoping to get PS3 CE eventually, but at this price I guess I will jump on this one. Thanks!

Great price, but I already picked it up for $7.50 at BBV...ah well.
Very good deal if you liked the likes of Max Payne games. might as well see where they got a few of their ideas from at the source, right? :twisted:

[quote name='Treythalomew']Got the regular edition for 10 and haven't played yet. I know I'll enjoy it but Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Saint's Row 2 have kept at their bay. Tomorrow I'm going to start Stranglehold. I only got it beacuse of Cheapy D's praise of it back in the Summer.[/QUOTE]

It's a fun game. You'll run through it in about 6 - 8 hours. I was tempted to play it some more to unlock extras and achievements, but there are too many other games I want to play.

It's definitely worth $10.

[quote name='misbitski']It's a fun game. You'll run through it in about 6 - 8 hours. I was tempted to play it some more to unlock extras and achievements, but there are too many other games I want to play.

It's definitely worth $10.[/quote]
That is exactly how I feel about it. It's actually kinda fun, despite not being the best execution of that particular type of game. However, it does have plenty of style to spare - I mean, what other game can you get an achievement for hanging from a ceiling light, and shooting people? Or slide down a stair-railing in slow motion, shooting guys, only to dive onto a cart and continue to roll on the cart, shooting guys, while doves release?

Being a big Woo fan...I found it great, despite it's flaws. Most definitely worth $10.

[quote name='waxHead']Hell yeah! If the PS3 CE comes with Hard Boiled on Blu-ray, you can't pass that up!!! :cool:[/QUOTE]

It comes with Hard Boiled on the same BD as the game. It's only playable from the game menu, not in any other BD Player. And worst of all, the quality is about the same as a Netflix streamed movie.

It's a very cool extra to be sure, but people should set their expectations accordingly.

MjC

[quote name='kidrocklive']so the ps3 CE came with hard-boiled but the 360 one just as some extras dvd in it, lame[/quote]
Yeah, I was disappointed by that. The box art for Collector's Edition is pretty bad ass though. But then again, the regular box art looks awesome as well.

[quote name='lunchboxfett']Off topic but if you like Hard Boiled check out the Killer as well. Another great Woo flick.[/quote]

ot again - killer was great - i think my favorite is a better tomorrow 2 (1 is good too). those hong kong gangster flicks are the best.

decent game for 10 bucks. i bought it from gamefly a while back and was pleasantly surprised. played the crap out of it and then traded it off on goozex(actually just last week)

bread's done
Back