Offline deals?

HardcoreCheapAss

CAG Veteran
First time poster, thanks to Xbox Nation.

From what I've been reading this short time, it seems as if all your deals are found from websites. Since I lack the requisite credit card(and WILL NOT get one) for online shopping, are there ways to get these deals offline? I have an EBGames in town.

there are many deals posted for actual stores, usually they'll say B&M or something of that sort.

Welcome to CAG by the way.

Welcome to CAG!

Not all deals are online. In fact, some of the best are on clearance items, B&M!

Also know to place your mouse over underlined words if you don't know what they mean.

Happy deal hunting!

[quote name='Moxio']Also know to place your mouse over underlined words if you don't know what they mean.
[/quote]

Cool! I never noticed that before.

Just out of curiousity, why will you "NOT" get a credit card?
There are alternatives to historical 'credit' cards.
Banks offer debit cards which can act as credit cards, but i don't know if they have the same protection as a CC.
If you have a Premier or Business Paypal account, you can apply for the Paypal Debit Card, which acts like a credit card but pulls from your Paypal balance [so it's like a secured credit card].
And of course there's secured credit cards.
I dislike credit cards because they're so easy to abuse, but I do like the convenience thereof.

[quote name='HardcoreCheapAss']First time poster, thanks to Xbox Nation.

From what I've been reading this short time, it seems as if all your deals are found from websites. Since I lack the requisite credit card(and WILL NOT get one) for online shopping, are there ways to get these deals offline? I have an EBGames in town.[/quote]

Go for a debit card man.

Whats the problem with credit cards? I have two. They aren't bad as long as you don't spend money you don't have. Just look for cards that dont have an anual usage fee. It doesn't matter if they have 100% interest as long as you pay them off right away. They only charge interest if you dont pay off your statement immediately.

agreed with above-
to be honest, getting a credit card is one of the keys to getting good credit which (unforunate or not) is HUGE. Now if you know you will not handle the card responsibly, that might be a reason, but well managed credit cards will help you get good credit- worth a fortune in and of itself- and also you can get all kinds of cards to get rewards (like cash, discounts, airfares, etc)

here are a couple sites to explore before taking the plunge:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/default.asp
http://www.cardratings.com/

and welcome to a land of unsolicited advice

Welcome to CAG!

The famed $5 CC sale was a B&M. As well as most trade-in deals. Keep your eyes peeled for the deals to come.

Happy hunting.

bread's done
Back