Star Wars Trilogy (DVD) pre-order $42 shipped free at Amazon

To those who wish that the originals will be released, I think it is almost certain that they won't. Many interviews with Lucas has him saying that the first releases of the films were not what HE wanted them to look like so in essence they were uncompleted. Blatant lies, but thats the excuse for us not getting the originals.

It's about time! I've been waiting so long for the trilogy to be put on dvd. I'm not a fan of the new movies, just the original three. It's disappointing that the originals will not be released ("incomplete" my ass). The SE's weren't too damaging, but some of the stuff Lucas added was just unnecessary (like Jabba talking to Solo before they left Mos Eisley). Not needed!

Anyway, thanks for posting this deal!

Theeternal: what's special about the platinum edition? thanks.

the new movies are great for a few things
i like the lightsaber fighting the most and its kind of nice to see obiwan and anaken (in part 2 not when he was a dumb 8year old kid)

but overall the first 2 new movies have been crappy.
part 1 way to much crap jarjarbinks etc.
part2 way to slow to start this "love" story and crappy.

oh well. maybe part three will be good.

As long as Han can dodge a blaster shot from 3 feet away I will NOT buy it!

And neither should anyone who wants the originals to get released - money talks people!

[quote name='Scrubking']As long as Han can dodge a blaster shot from 3 feet away I will NOT buy it!

And neither should anyone who wants the originals to get released - money talks people![/quote]

I really don't think this is the case in this example. It seems much more likely that you will never get any copy of StarWars if that's what you're wating for.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Scrubking']As long as Han can dodge a blaster shot from 3 feet away I will NOT buy it!

And neither should anyone who wants the originals to get released - money talks people![/quote]

I really don't think this is the case in this example. It seems much more likely that you will never get any copy of StarWars if that's what you're wating for.[/quote]

I have the originals on vhs.

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Scrubking']As long as Han can dodge a blaster shot from 3 feet away I will NOT buy it!

I really don't think this is the case in this example. It seems much more likely that you will never get any copy of StarWars if that's what you're wating for.[/quote]

I have the originals on vhs.[/quote]

Well my point is that the 'originals' will never be released on DVD. Accoding to Lucas, it would be like asking a director to sell you a movie that is 75% completed.

but overall the first 2 new movies have been crappy.
part 1 way to much crap jarjarbinks etc.
part2 way to slow to start this "love" story and crappy.

Actually, most of the problems with the Ep1 and Ep2 were related to the dialogue. Alot of it was just so mechanical. The original trilogy's characters made the story seem all the more real. Ep1 and Ep2 feel more like historical documentaries in some ways. I still like them, but Luke and Han are so much more believable to me than Obi-Wan or Anakin.

No offense, but the whole "who shot first?" thing is too fanatical. It's a movie folks...a good movie, but not worthy of picking apart frame for frame.

Come to think of it, no movie is worth that.

The original releases ARE worth fighting for. That is like the best sci-fi movie series ever.

The southpark parody of George Lucas was completely right.

[quote name='Scrubking']The original releases ARE worth fighting for. That is like the best sci-fi movie series ever.

The southpark parody of George Lucas was completely right.[/quote]

agreed, but some things did need to be fixed(c'mon changing Jabba from a fat guy to the actual creature was one of them)

I don't really care about the changes. It's the fact that the changes, the new graphics, effects were mostly all poorly done. It screams FAKE CGI!

I may not like the han/Greedo shooting re-deux, or the Han steps on Jabba's tail thing, but the changing of the musical number in ROTJ was a godsend. I can actually watch that movie now without wanting to throw up at the end (well, almost....)

And he really didn't screw anything up with ESB (probably because he didn't direct it). In fact, I really enjoy the enhancements to the background and flight sequences. Now, if he would just stick to writing and creative direction. He never was or will ever be a good director when there's real live actors involved.

Except for the first movie, I hardly noticed any changes in the series. That's why I don't understand why people make such a big deal over it. I know the first movie had the most changes, but sheesh. It's a movie from 1977, cheap CGI (doesn't look cheap to me, but...) is an improvement over some of the cheap effects in the original.

The stormtrooper still runs into the door, Vader's helmet still blows in the wind, ewoks still blow.

Perhaps when Lucas dies we will get the orginals, or after episode 3 he will release a super DVD box set with Episodes 1-3 along with the orginal versions of 4-6.
I have both the VHS and the Laser Disk versions of the orginals, so Im set. :D

These editions that are being released in September have more enhancements.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0318

Scroll down to date 3/18/04

Since Mr.Lucas doesn't wanna release the originals on DVD I just went to ebay and picked up the copies. Albiet there not official but sitting down watching the original Star Wars on DVD is what I have been waiting for, for awhile. The quality of the movies are fine and I know theyre transferred from the laser disc editions but I'll take what I can get.

[quote name='notoriousxbox']These editions that are being released in September have more enhancements.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0318

Scroll down to date 3/18/04

Since Mr.Lucas doesn't wanna release the originals on DVD I just went to ebay and picked up the copies. Albiet there not official but sitting down watching the original Star Wars on DVD is what I have been waiting for, for awhile. The quality of the movies are fine and I know theyre transferred from the laser disc editions but I'll take what I can get.[/quote]

The keyword in that link being RUMOR.

That site is one of the best for information.

They had the box art of the dvds early and are usually right on with all their information.

Any DVD info that's where I go but that's me.

I sold my windscreen box set for like 30 dollars that a GF bought me and I had not even opened. I have the fullscreen box set if anyone wants some VHS :)

bread's done
Back