How do I test the PS2 Network Adapter?

lukewin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Just like the title states, How would I go about testing the PS2 Network Adapter? I've had 2 for the longest time, but never got around to using them. I picked these up for $7, used at Blockbuster waaaaay back. I just picked up another one b/c of the resell value, but I want to test it before I list it as a working adapter. The 2 I got from BB came with the discs, the 3rd I got from GS, no disc. Thanks in advance.

Use it? Try it out with a game. I don't know what else to tell you. I don't have the setup disc. I used mine with DDR Supernova 2, although now that server is offline. I also use mine with Codebreaker. That server is still up. I don't have any other network games. I also use mine with an HDD and it works. I think in all likelyhood yours works fine because I can't imagine what could go wrong with it. If I were you I would just sell it as working and then if it proves not to work once they receive it they will complain and then you give them a full refund of their money including shipping (better, don't charge shipping), and don't make them even send it back to you. Just trust them and you'll get good feedback and nobody will end up screwed.

[quote name='crunchewy']If I were you I would just sell it as working and then if it proves not to work once they receive it they will complain and then you give them a full refund of their money including shipping (better, don't charge shipping), and don't make them even send it back to you. Just trust them and you'll get good feedback and nobody will end up screwed.[/QUOTE]

Then you would be wasting money on shipping and fees. Be a lot easier to test it first

Time for a useful reply =P ;)

If you plug the network adapter into the system then run the Network Adapter disc that comes with it, the program will note that it is plugged in and working properly. (If the software won't load up there is something wrong with the adapter)

Go into the Network Adapter tools after the software is loaded up (which might take awhile, its slow) then skip past the movie (press X or something) then when the 4 icons come up go to the back one Advanced >> Network Tools and run the Network Adapter Test.

It will test the adapter and if everything is working right in the hardware then the adapter itself works fine, as far as your internet connection well your on your own, I've never done that.

But you asked how to see if the adapters worked, and now you know. Hope this helped. :)

bread's done
Back