Resident Evil 5 CE

Sejad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was just looking g ahead of time for this one and stumbled upon the Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition on EBgames.com, my question is how do we know if we will get the same stuff as US will? like will we get all this stuff posted in this pic bellow?

re5_cebig.jpg

If anyone can Confirm this please do I want to Reserve, I called Eb Games and they said it's right now at $79.99 the price will change 100% since the US price is $79.99.

Source(s):
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=200572
http://www.ebgames.com/gs/landing/re5/default.aspx

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Thanks, I've been waiting to hear what was in the package. I'll go pay mine off before the price gets jacked up.[/quote]

[quote name='danthemightyone']My preorder is already fully paid. Sweet. It seems like PS3 and 360 CE stuff are the same.[/quote]

I don't understand you guys I talked to a sales Rep. and he said if it get's raised you need to pay more? so if I pay $79.99 full price Tomorrow, don't I have to pay extra if it get's jacked up???? or is this a loophole.

[quote name='gamer602']READ MY BLOG!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=5810[/quote]

so i reserved re5 in november during a trade 3 weekend and my receipt credits me 59.99, saying that the SE is 69.99, then i can go in tomorrow, pay the extra $10 and i'm good? at least if it's not updated in their system?

that's how it reads...i just want to make sure. is it a canadian law or just a thing that stores have? i wouldn't mind seeing the actual policy...just to have if i ever need it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know how it is in canada but here in the us they do that. If the games raises in price they call you and tell you. Atleast that is what they have done to me. I have ordered online and been sent an email telling me that I will be charged more. Also if that is the CE then I might sit the CE on this one out. The steel book case and bonus disc would be nice but the rest is just crap I would have to find a place to put.

To be honest, I don't buy too many LE. In 2008, I bought 3 in Grand Theft Auto 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Resistance 2. GTA 4 and Resistance 2 were well worth it, Metal Gear Solid 4 I wish I hadn't.

For $30 or whatever, I'm not sure I'm that big enough of a fan of RE but it looks so tempting. I'll make a decision later in the winter. I'm also planning to buy the LE of Street Fighter 4 as well.

I'm already in for this, but yeah I've seen where they charge your more if the price gets jacked. And we're all here for the same reason (to save monies) usually retail staff just up and give up when a customer is cheap enough to bitch for an hour over $10.

But if the price gets jacked I'm not fighting it, definitely over a few dollars if you want it you get it, I want the $79.99 price but if it goes up, eh, whatever. I'm not looking like the balding asshole with the free windbreaker I got from a twofer of beer yelling at the counter kid about the law and all that (which he could care less about since he's heard it before) for $10.

Also 602, citation needed on your blog, where's this law and what does it exactly state? There's this "retail law myth" that's been exploding recently where customers think they're entitled with all these consumer rights that don't exist, are false or (very) badly interpreted.

The whole thing about reserving and not paying anymore usually depends on how nice the guy is. I know when Persona 4 was found to be $10 more than I originally paid, the guy at EB was nice enough to say "I hate how they do that, but you paid it off, so you don't have to worry about it."

On that note, when I pre-ordered my RE5CE a couple months ago, the 360 version was $10 cheaper. Doubt that it's the same now though. I'll gladly pay the extra $20 now, but I hope I get the same guy next time and save a couple bucks :)

[quote name='ChaosKnight']The whole thing about reserving and not paying anymore usually depends on how nice the guy is. I know when Persona 4 was found to be $10 more than I originally paid, the guy at EB was nice enough to say "I hate how they do that, but you paid it off, so you don't have to worry about it."

On that note, when I pre-ordered my RE5CE a couple months ago, the 360 version was $10 cheaper. Doubt that it's the same now though. I'll gladly pay the extra $20 now, but I hope I get the same guy next time and save a couple bucks :)[/quote]

That's why RFD and bad cheapasses get the short end of the stick, 'cause they're way too aggressive over a few bucks right from the get go they have this "everyone's out to get me" mentality that makes them very defensive about their monies.

If you're a regular (dunno if this might have been in your case or not CK) or if you don't put up a fuss the clerk(s) don't have a problem doing things like this. This happen to me with the EB I usually go to, the guy didn't remember my name (I didn't expect him to) but he recognized me and didn't mind (for Persona 4).

But becoming a regular means spending money =\ so RFDs and bad cheapasses are outta luck, they'll just keep fighting for that $10, also there's always a chance the guy might have his hands tied and can't do it so not putting up a fight isn't something the cheapasses can put a chance on.

Wanna save some REAL money you lurking RFD bastards? High yield savings bond, RRSP, RESP (for those with kids), the new no tax savings accounts (haven't read into this too much)!

[quote name='afterburn999']How come Resident Evil 5 isnt even listed on amazon.ca ???[/quote]

It's probably not gonna be on until way later like the Gears of War 2 Lancer pack or something.

Thankfully there is nothing about this CE that will make it worth getting for me; if there were some custom in-game extras, a soundtrack CD or perhaps an artbook or graphic novel or some sort, I'd be on it like white on rice, but no dice for me! I gets to save my monies!;)

Well, if you call EB's HQ in Ontario, they will explain everything to you.

THIS IS NOT YMMV AS THERE ARE PROCEDURES in place at how they deal with such situations.

[quote name='kathos']I'm already in for this, but yeah I've seen where they charge your more if the price gets jacked. And we're all here for the same reason (to save monies) usually retail staff just up and give up when a customer is cheap enough to bitch for an hour over $10.

But if the price gets jacked I'm not fighting it, definitely over a few dollars if you want it you get it, I want the $79.99 price but if it goes up, eh, whatever. I'm not looking like the balding asshole with the free windbreaker I got from a twofer of beer yelling at the counter kid about the law and all that (which he could care less about since he's heard it before) for $10.

Also 602, citation needed on your blog, where's this law and what does it exactly state? There's this "retail law myth" that's been exploding recently where customers think they're entitled with all these consumer rights that don't exist, are false or (very) badly interpreted.[/quote]

[quote name='gamer602']Well, if you call EB's HQ in Ontario, they will explain everything to you.

THIS IS NOT YMMV AS THERE ARE PROCEDURES in place at how they deal with such situations.[/quote]

So it's not a law then? It's a policy? You can't just up an post a guide blog without saying what's what dude, not cool. How can people trust a guide blog that doesn't cite its sources and gives you where exactly people can get this info? Just some constructive criticism here, I like the idea of your guide blog but it's gotta be done proper. It's like an essay, if you can't cite your sources of info, you're zonked.

[quote name='kathos']So it's not a law then? It's a policy? You can't just up an post a guide blog without saying what's what dude, not cool. How can people trust a guide blog that doesn't cite its sources and gives you where exactly people can get this info? Just some constructive criticism here, I like the idea of your guide blog but it's gotta be done proper. It's like an essay, if you can't cite your sources of info, you're zonked.[/quote]
Not only that, if you read the blog and try to put what it says into practice, spouting out nonsense about "You have to do this for me, it's the law!" you could end up looking rather foolish. I agree with kathos, a great idea gamer, but if we had more documentation on it we could be better prepared when we approach retailers.:)

I believe he is referring to this
http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/00230.html

1) Ordinary Selling Price, which is set to be 69.99 since that would be the paid in full price of the item in sold during a reasonable amount of time.
Should fall under advertise price too.

2)Sale Above Advertise price: "The Competition Act prohibits the sale or rent of a product at a price higher than its advertised price. The provision does not apply if the advertised price was a mistake and the error was immediately corrected"
-walk into an EB grabbing a print readout of the price in their system should be enough to count as an advertisement.

Back when I was still preordering games @ EB. It was 5 dollars down gets your game guaranteed on the day, paid in full guarantees you the price you paid for the game on that particular day.

ex: Fallout 3 CE = 69.99 in there system from roughly Oct 07-May-08, (everyone that did a trade 3 get it free, should be able to verify this claim)
Fallout 3 CE @ launch = 89.99.
was able to get it for 69.99 after a phone call to the DM citing Competition act.

it may not be a Government law exactly (only in quebec) but there are penalties and anyone with enough time (or hate ^_^) can fill in complaint form.

BTW gamer602, was out of the country this friday, sorry for not responding to your game pm.

Competition Act is a great resource especially when you have companies like EB pricing their games all over the place. If you really want a CE/LE I would say pay it in full well in advance and keep the receipt; if they try to make you pay more, tell them you weren't notified about the price difference and that the transaction took place a long time ago. (As two posters above me have said). That should be enough to use the Competition Act to save yourself some money (and I think that's fair, nobody should be told something is X amount and then come to pick it up and be told they still owe Y much more.)

I just paid it off today, I'll be sure to keep my receipt. But I don't expect a problem I had pre-ordered and pre-paid in full the Fallout 3 CE at $69.99 and didn't pay anything extra when I picked it up.
I just don't think the extra's will be worth the price if the equation is: $89.99 + exchange rate + tax =?

[quote name='afterburn999']How come Resident Evil 5 isnt even listed on amazon.ca ???[/quote]
I've been waiting for them to list RE5, they still don't have Street Fighter 4 up! Best Buy & Futureshop have both, along with amazon.com.

[quote name='Sejad']I don't understand you guys I talked to a sales Rep. and he said if it get's raised you need to pay more? so if I pay $79.99 full price Tomorrow, don't I have to pay extra if it get's jacked up???? or is this a loophole.[/QUOTE]

Were talking about Gamestop, Not Walmart.

[quote name='konamifan2002']Were talking about Gamestop, Not Walmart.[/quote]

Where did you get Walmart out of what I said???? I clearly started this topic talking about EB games, but I don't understand I called em and they said it was $79.99 next day it was fucking 89.99 came up to $101...F'ing BS!

Just called them to check the price at the one I bought it and AGAIN the price has changed to $99 he said! WTF!

They're probably playing around with the price to get it right with the lower Canadian dollar but $99 sounds about right. $101 just would have worked to get a lot of people to buy it, $99 is below the sociological barrier of $100 where your good judgment kicks in.

I'm not buying the CE. $30 more is too much. All 4 games I've reserved for February and March are going to be regular editions. I'm going to be putting more time into MLB '09: The Show, not Resident Evil 5. Why pay more for a game that might be the 4th most played after MLB '09, Killzone 2 and Street Fighter 4?

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm not buying the CE. $30 more is too much. All 4 games I've reserved for February and March are going to be regular editions. I'm going to be putting more time into MLB '09: The Show, not Resident Evil 5. Why pay more for a game that might be the 4th most played after MLB '09, Killzone 2 and Street Fighter 4?[/quote]

The Replay Value of RE5 compared to MLB is far beyond...and there will be a MLB '10 next year....people still talk about RE4....don't remember people talking about MLB '05 when RE4 came out that year!

[quote name='Sejad']The Replay Value of RE5 compared to MLB is far beyond...and there will be a MLB '10 next year....people still talk about RE4....don't remember people talking about MLB '05 when RE4 came out that year![/quote]

I'm a bigger fan of baseball video games than survival horror video games. Isn't it obvious?

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm a bigger fan of baseball video games than survival horror video games. Isn't it obvious?[/quote]

Yeah it is...so why are you writing in this Thread?

But that goes against the very nature of being a CHEAPASS gamer!

Also, the game will sell millions anyway and I already have too much to play. :p

YES I DID IT! I returned my game pre-order I paid in full cash $101 or so and then went to Zellers and got FarCry 2 and Rainbow Six 2 and at home found a random game that is worth 10+ which was GTAIV, I told the guy my friend traded in 3 games and got the RE CE for free so he did it for me!!! Id id not have to pay any extra cash....lol saved $70 bucks!!!

Now that is CHEAPASS!

[quote name='Sejad']YES I DID IT! I returned my game pre-order I paid in full cash $101 or so and then went to Zellers and got FarCry 2 and Rainbow Six 2 and at home found a random game that is worth 10+ which was GTAIV, I told the guy my friend traded in 3 games and got the RE CE for free so he did it for me!!! Id id not have to pay any extra cash....lol saved $70 bucks!!!

Now that is CHEAPASS![/quote]

GTA4 TIV now is $37. Not so much CHEAPASS!

bread's done
Back