warhammer 40k: dawn of war

Eclipse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Id just like to strongly reccomend this title to anyone who enjoys RTS games.

This game honestly seems to have somewhat slipped under the radar for mainstream gamers. Its somewhat of a hybrid between C&C and games like Ground Control, except with 4 races..

Eldar
Space Marine
Space Orc
Chaos(Demonic/possessed versions of space marine)

Each race has its own unique touches. Two resources, energy and currency aquired by the amount of territory you control.

The game really kicks ass in the graphics and sound department, with some really awesome animations that give each of the races alot of personality(The mechs 'back breaker' moves are awesome). The music is pretty cool, and the units speech can be hilarious. Each of the races have vehicles and the basic units, but with an added element of strategy with the ability to form squadrons with commanders and customize which weapons each unit holds.

As well, each race has super units which are just awesome...A jawdropper is the Chaos race hell demon~~ :)

This game is a load of fun...Really cant describe it much more than that-but its gotten loads of good reviews and hype. The game is hard to find, and expensive in most stores($49.99.. however, Newegg is selling it for a measly $31..

Warhammer 40k $31+$3 shipping

This is your best alternative to games like starcraft...a seriously kick ass game.

Screenshots can be found here:

Cheap ass link

Spectacular game. It's very action packed and the game itself punishes defensive players. You need to be aggressive to be effective. If you liked Star Craft (non-BGH maps) then you'll like this game as well.

Multiplayer good? is it "newb friendly"? cause while i enjoyed Starcraft, I was very slow when i first played multiplayer, and gave up after losing so much...but this game looks very cool.

Grabbed it from $25 one time at GoGamer. Great game.

Multiplayer is kinda iffy. There's never really that many playing and most aren't incredibly good (compared to SC'ers I've played). Really fun game though, more focused on combat then resource collections.

Yup, excellent game. I think this has replaced Warcraft 3 as my favorite RTS.

As far as the multiplayer goes, it works well for me. The automatch system works fairly slickly, and it certainly is decent for a non-Blizzard game. That said, Warcraft 3's Battle.net is better than it for matchmaking. You can't specify if you don't want to play a certain map or anything in DoW.

There are also a few slight balance issues, but nothing horribly out of whack. Chaos is a little weaker for the most part than the other races, and Eldar's warp spiders unit are a little too powerful against ork, but it's pretty balanced otherwise.

Heh...
SqueeGrot.png

I played the hell out of the demo for this. I was left with a good impression. I was going to wait for a cheap price, but may have to bite on the newegg deal.

bread's done
Back