Haze 16.99 Shipped from NewEgg

don't waste your time with this one, I bought it for $10 at bestbuy a while back...ended up trading it in

lol. im one of the few who can say they bought this game for the full $60. i had so much faith in it and i believed every lie free radical fed to me. I mean, seriously, i dont think there was ever a more hyped and publicized game then haze. They did so many ads, technical demonstrations, videos, features, and just so much more you honestly would think the game was godsend. Plus free radical HAD a good track record...

then i bought it... $60. its no more then a 5 at best. The story is so laughably horrible they would have been better off just saying, "go kill these guys" the graphics are a poor ps2 quality... gameplay is outdated... man, im only keeping it now just as a reminder, keepsake, of how free radical played everyone with this one. And for the fact its probably worth only like $5....

its just all and all the most mediocre and half assed shooter ive ever seen.

hell, kinda funny thing is that i just popped it in this morning to play it, and i played 2 online co-op games where the textures never loaded, and everyone and everything was just shiny blobs

I got this game along with a friend when BB had it for $10. I would not recommend it if you don't have a friend to play with. It's so horrible that you need someone to laugh with you at just how bad it is.

[quote name='the_grimace']lol. im one of the few who can say they bought this game for the full $60. i had so much faith in it and i believed every lie free radical fed to me. I mean, seriously, i dont think there was ever a more hyped and publicized game then haze. They did so many ads, technical demonstrations, videos, features, and just so much more you honestly would think the game was godsend. Plus free radical HAD a good track record...

then i bought it... $60. its no more then a 5 at best. The story is so laughably horrible they would have been better off just saying, "go kill these guys" the graphics are a poor ps2 quality... gameplay is outdated... man, im only keeping it now just as a reminder, keepsake, of how free radical played everyone with this one. And for the fact its probably worth only like $5....

its just all and all the most mediocre and half assed shooter ive ever seen.

hell, kinda funny thing is that i just popped it in this morning to play it, and i played 2 online co-op games where the textures never loaded, and everyone and everything was just shiny blobs[/quote]

Wow, i can feel the pain in this post.:whistle2:#

Im kind of tempted in buying it, just to see how BAD this title really is. Kina like having Superman64 in your collection purposely, for all the wrong reason.

I'll wait until i can find it for like $5.

[quote name='LegolasFett']I got this game along with a friend when BB had it for $10. I would not recommend it if you don't have a friend to play with. It's so horrible that you need someone to laugh with you at just how bad it is.[/quote]

This.

I would never want to play this game alone. It looks horrible, sounds horrible, and plays horrible (glitches galore).

Stuck through most of it, mainly because I wanted a PS3 game to co-op on.

I also bought this when it was $9.99 at Best Buy back in October. Never opened it, and as a result of all the sales during the holidays of well rated games, I never opened it and was going to sell it.

A friend of mine who wanted a new game to play purchased it from me for what I paid.

He played it last week and everyday he would come to work and tell me the game sucked and it was so bad ... but he still played all the way through it.

[quote name='Rig']This.

I would never want to play this game alone. It looks horrible, sounds horrible, and plays horrible (glitches galore).

Stuck through most of it, mainly because I wanted a PS3 game to co-op on.[/QUOTE]

speaking of glitches galore, one of the levels near the end of the game has such horrible object pop-ins that i was absolutely LMAO. seriously, the one that had me cracking up the most was when grass would pop up. they had little bunches of it scattered across this dry desert type level. very simple, looked like this.

\|/

sad i know. anyway, you would just be walking along this flat brown desert like level, and these little grass things would be popping up everywhere, but the funny thing is, they wouldnt pop up till you were literally like 5 feet away and almost stepping on them..... it was soooooooo bad...

though... i should add a good note.... the game does have a strong community from launch and still going strong today. Like i just said above, i popped it in this morning for shits and giggles and there were tons of co-op games and just as many multiplayer games. they also released a pretty nice big FREE DLC for it a while back that added new modes and maps. granted, its still a horrible mess of a game, but at least you got lots of people to play that horrible mess with :p

I bought it for $10, and thought it was kind of fun. It definitely gets better than the demo. On the other hand, there are a whole lot of better FPS out there...

[quote name='Chimpanzebra']I beat the game and didn't think it was terrible. Nothing special, but not terrible[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. About the only thing that really bugged me was the dialogue/writing (excessive swearing seemed in poor taste most of the time) with the cutscenes/story and the constant repetition of dialogue from your AI teammates while you're playing. The rest isn't all that bad. The message behind the story is kind of cool, but still pretty cliche and overall poorly executed.

Bottom line is that it's tolerable......for $10 or under. Don't pay $16.99 for this.

Gosh..... You guys are tough on this game. Remember, this is Free Radical! TS? SWBF? I think this game is worth this price.. I won't get it ever but...

I get excited when this game exclusive for PS3. I spend $10.81 after taxes at BB and i end up traded next day. Very disappointed.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Gosh..... You guys are tough on this game. Remember, this is Free Radical! TS? SWBF? I think this game is worth this price.. I won't get it ever but...[/QUOTE]

That's why it hurts so bad. We expected better from them.

I liked it. Liked it better than Call of Duty 2 or 4, and maybe slightly more than Gears 1 (about on par with Gears 1). Though that's ONLY judging the single player game as I don't care about deathmatch.

Had an actual story (kind of heavy handed, but most games in this genre can't even be bothered with that). Control and weapons felt good, etc.
Liked the ending too...

At any rate, for me anything under $30 would have seemed reasonable, and $20 or less a good deal (I picked it up during that Best Buy deal).

Of course, I also liked Perfect Dark Zero and Farcry: Instincts: Predator: Too Many Subtitles too (also better than the Call of Duty games), which for some reason unknown to me people also hate...

[quote name='Rig']This.

Stuck through most of it, mainly because I wanted a PS3 game to co-op on.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys have the newest patch? I never saw anything glitchy in it, and I thought it looked fine. Not the greatest looking thing ever, but competent. (Competent is the worst I can say about it.)

For everybody who played the first half of the game and quit... you missed the good stuff. Free Radical swapped development partway from last gen to current gen and forgot to go back and upgrade the first part of the game. I still remember getting to the abandoned hotel and going "Whoa! What the heck?! Huge level? Good textures? Complex geometry?! Did I miss something?!" The game beefed up halfway in.

BTW, the helicopter rides while listening to Captain Jock Strap totally rank as some of the most painful video game cutscenes ever created. Worst. Dialog. Ever.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Gosh..... You guys are tough on this game. Remember, this is Free Radical! TS? SWBF? I think this game is worth this price.. I won't get it ever but...[/quote]

Battlefront? Ugh Pandemic made that fool.

Oh, thanks. But the other was that Star Wars: Battlefront game? Yeah, that has nothing to do with Free Radical (and I hated HATED the demo).

Weirdly I didn't like...umm...can't think of the name. The psychic powers game they released last gen. I loved Psi-Ops but didn't like the Free Radical game at all.

I think that guy confused Free radical with battlefront because they were gonna make the new one, but rebellion is doing it now. I loved battlefront though, it was one of my favorite games of last gen.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh, thanks. But the other was that Star Wars: Battlefront game? Yeah, that has nothing to do with Free Radical (and I hated HATED the demo).

Weirdly I didn't like...umm...can't think of the name. The psychic powers game they released last gen. I loved Psi-Ops but didn't like the Free Radical game at all.[/quote]

You're thinking of "Second Sight".

Yep, that's the one. I was really surprised I didn't like it. Ironic, since it got great reviews, and Haze's were middling, but I liked Haze.

Yea I did the BB deal also. If you can find someone (friend, schoolmate . . .etc.) local with a copy of this I am sure they will let you borrow, if not have this- which is about what it's worth.

This game was chocked full of interesting ideas and yet managed to fail on every level, I was stunned.

I thought the game was pretty horrible, but to be fair I didn't even make it halfway through. The voice acting and story at the beginning were enough to make me want to shut it down and never load the game up again. I forced myself to play through for a few hours but just couldn't get into it.

I traded my 9.99 best buy copy (no tax Oregon) after a couple of plays. The cut scenes, which cannot be skipped, are so friggin bad I wanted to light the game on fire!

[quote name='LegolasFett']I got this game along with a friend when BB had it for $10. I would not recommend it if you don't have a friend to play with. It's so horrible that you need someone to laugh with you at just how bad it is.[/QUOTE]

Damn! You got a friend too, my BB must have been all out, all I got was the shitty game.

I saw this game at Virgin Megastore a few weeks back along with Hellboy for $9.99 each but didn't think enough of these games to pick it up.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I liked it. Liked it better than Call of Duty 2 or 4, and maybe slightly more than Gears 1 (about on par with Gears 1). Though that's ONLY judging the single player game as I don't care about deathmatch.

Had an actual story (kind of heavy handed, but most games in this genre can't even be bothered with that). Control and weapons felt good, etc.
Liked the ending too...

At any rate, for me anything under $30 would have seemed reasonable, and $20 or less a good deal (I picked it up during that Best Buy deal).

Of course, I also liked Perfect Dark Zero and Farcry: Instincts: Predator: Too Many Subtitles too (also better than the Call of Duty games), which for some reason unknown to me people also hate...

Did you guys have the newest patch? I never saw anything glitchy in it, and I thought it looked fine. Not the greatest looking thing ever, but competent. (Competent is the worst I can say about it.)[/quote]

Haze is absolutely terrible. I wouldn't play it if it was free. Seriously. I think you have a knack for liking sub-par games. I honestly tried with all my might to force myself through Perfect Dark Zero. I made it to the jungle area (you know, where you are 6 miles away from a guy and he can see you through all the shit and hit you with every shot he gets off while you try desperatley to figure out where the fuck the shots are coming from) and said "fuck THIS GAME." Why do you specifically point out your dislike of COD2 & 4? I can only think this means you enjoyed COD3 which was/is the worst in the series thus far.

[quote name='Malik112099']Haze is absolutely terrible. I wouldn't play it if it was free. Seriously. I think you have a knack for liking sub-par games. I honestly tried with all my might to force myself through Perfect Dark Zero. I made it to the jungle area (you know, where you are 6 miles away from a guy and he can see you through all the shit and hit you with every shot he gets off while you try desperatley to figure out where the fuck the shots are coming from) and said "fuck THIS GAME." Why do you specifically point out your dislike of COD2 & 4? I can only think this means you enjoyed COD3 which was/is the worst in the series thus far.[/QUOTE]

If you think either of those games is terrible you haven't played many games... :D (And I guess I'm being rude here, but come on! :D )

I've never played Call of Duty 3. I pointed out 2 and 4 because they're popular for some reason, and mostly because I just played through them recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back