NBA 2K9 39.99 at GS, BB and Target. ($29.99 AC)

iNFiNiTE HORiZON

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (99%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Should be able to use the 2K coupon as a manufacturer's coupon to get it for $30 new. That coupon is only good until the end of the month though.

This will be the lowest the standard price goes until later this summer.

It's $43 on amazon, $39 at bestbuy.com so it seems like a pricedrop? This was the only reason I was gonna go to circuitcity, so sweeet. How long till it drop some more?

It won't drop anymore until late this summer as the new one gets close to coming out. This is the highest selling basketball game, no way the SRP will drop below $40 anytime soon.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I'm playing my 2k7 version with a roster that I manually updated. Am I missing something or should I upgrade to 2k9[/quote]

Same dillema here. I skipped 2K8 for I though graphic was actuall inferior to 2K7.

Thank you very much for posting this; I was about to spend the $30 I saved from the CC deal that didn't happen.
I also have $10 on my EDGE card, which makes this deal sweeter.

the graphics get better each year...I preferred the gameplay in 2k8 as the paint moves and feel to it seems smoother and more polished,

but obviously 2k9 is the most modern feel, and I think the graphics are better than 2k8 and 2k7...only some slightly annoying gameplay issues at times, like guys not hitting wide open shots online for me but lebron will run through a hole team and dunk it :(

there's some good online modes for 2k9, but 2k8 was quite good....i like the news feed addition a lot, and the player bios, plus the roster updates are good to have and the ticker is good to have.

2k9 really is worth upgrading to if you are only on 2k7...

yeah, 2k9 graphics are pretty sick. especially on HD!

if you play at a certain distance, it looks as if you're actually watching a real game.

Yeah all the presentation is completely redone in 2K9, lots of improvements to the Association mode, online is 6 v 6 or 1 v 1, and the rosters auto update as soon as the game boots (this is only for single player stuff, won't change your already in-progress franchise.)

$40- 10 for the 2K coupon is a steal. Go, Go, Go!

Checked w/my local GS and this dude at counter told me its price is still $59.99. Not only that but also he tried to sell me opened copy as a NEW. Hate GS. I'm going to BB tomorrow.

Im on the fence for this game.....I bought it used during buy 2 get 1 and returned it because 2kSports hasnt changed the AI. The point guard handles the ball WAY to much and has way to much "Driving Force" when they go to the tin.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Im on the fence for this game.....I bought it used during buy 2 get 1 and returned it because 2kSports hasnt changed the AI. The point guard handles the ball WAY to much and has way to much "Driving Force" when they go to the tin.[/quote]

play defense...and it wouldnt be like that

that's a fantastic price for hoops fans, i paid 60 for it when it released and it's a awesome game.

awesome game the online interface are kinda laggy but the gameplay are still the best. It takes time getting used to but it's more realistic than ever buy it now.

[quote name='Civickid96']I'll grab this used tomorrow.

$34.99-20%(10% EDGE) brings this out to $24.49.

Count me in for one.

--Michael[/quote]

Why can't I figure out your math?

Used price $34.99
-20% - Is edge doing 20% off this month instead of 10%?

[quote name='LuisRM']Why can't I figure out your math?

Used price $34.99
-20% - Is edge doing 20% off this month instead of 10%?[/QUOTE]

20% used game coupon stacks with 10% Edge making it 30% off.

I'm pretty sure it's $40 everywhere now. I went to a Target today and a BB yesterday, and both stores are selling them for $40.

2k9 is the best, most realistic b-ball game to date. The graphics are updated and there are a slew of great, new animations that make most of the action look very realistic. You can't just blow to the hole every time like you could in 2k7/2k8.

Sweet, thanks for the confirm guys. Bought 2k8 in October right after 2k9 came out for 13 and some change, what a great game! I hope 2k9 will live up to it. Playing on my friend's PS3 gives me some doubts but nothing significant. For $30 I can suck it up and play with a strong multiplayer community.

Got it at bestbuy no problem with the $10 coupon, I played this at my friends PS3, and loved it. Are there any significant differences to those who played both system, or controls are pretty much the same?

Coupon scanned at Target, Gamestop wouldn't take the coupon because it wouldn't scan in their system, oh well, their loss!

[quote name='BigBen']Coupon scanned at Target, Gamestop wouldn't take the coupon because it wouldn't scan in their system, oh well, their loss![/quote]

I'm sure it does scan, but the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that they programmed their system from scanning/coming up on purpose.

I'm definitely picking this up later this week. anybody know if I can use this on the 360 version of Bioshock? maybe I can trick the clerk to think the coupon works on it.

Awesome, I have GCs to Gamestop and Best Buy and I have been wanting to buy this. I guess I will have to swing into Gamestop tomorrow and try to pick it up.

I've been wanting a basketball game after selling 2k7 for $6 or $7 a few months ago. I printed out the coupon, and I'm going to try to buy it at GS since I have gift cards there that will pay for all of it. Thanks for the tip on the price drop and to the person that posted the coupon.

bread's done
Back