Rock Band 2 $35 Dell.com (XBOX 360)

was going to hit up the ghwt deal but would prefer rockband. Whats the cheapest best guitar that works with rockband 2 that i can get for the 360 if i hit this up.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']was going to hit up the ghwt deal but would prefer rockband. Whats the cheapest best guitar that works with rockband 2 that i can get for the 360 if i hit this up.[/quote]
If you live in the midwest, meijer had the x-plorer (wired) for $9.99 a couple weeks ago. It might still be available.

Can someone quickly explain how the DLC idea from Rock Band 1 works? Its my understanding that if I say rent a copy of RB I can pay a small transfer fee on Live to download most of the tracks to my hard drive then play them on RB2. If so, this would be a great opportunity to jump on the Rock Band train for me.

I gotta say, Dell really has been bringing the deals lately. This is hard to pass up! Anyone know if you can stack this with the 7% affiliate discount?

EDIT: Guess not. I just tried it myself and the coupon code doesn't work.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']was going to hit up the ghwt deal but would prefer rockband. Whats the cheapest best guitar that works with rockband 2 that i can get for the 360 if i hit this up.[/quote]

I think Amazon has the Xplorer for $10. Also, Circuit City had the Xplorer for $10 and the wireless les paul for $20 before the liquidation. Those prices may still be in effect. You might be able to find a bundle for GH 3 or Aerosmith at Target on clearance for $24.98. Check Radioshack too because I saw the GH 3 bundle there for $29.97 but it was for ps3, I don't know if the 360 version was clearanced as well. If that isn't enough, I believe Sears has the GH2 bundle w/ wired guitar for $24.97.

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']I gotta say, Dell really has been bringing the deals lately. This is hard to pass up! Anyone know if you can stack this with the 7% affiliate discount?

EDIT: Guess not. I just tried it myself and the coupon code doesn't work.[/quote]

Don't let that $2 and change keep you from pulling the trigger lol.

ok I'm interested in this too and have RB1 and some downloaded songs - so if I pay the 500ms points can I play all the RB1 disc songs plus the downloaded songs with RB2 and sell off my RB1 disc?

[quote name='karmapolice']It's showing up as 50.99 for me.[/quote]

Try adding it to your cart and using the coupon code.

[quote name='bordjon']ok I'm interested in this too and have RB1 and some downloaded songs - so if I pay the 500ms points can I play all the RB1 disc songs plus the downloaded songs with RB2 and sell off my RB1 disc?[/quote]

Do a google search but I believe 2 or 3 of the songs don't transfer.

Edit: This is what I found,
What's missing? Only three tracks don't make the cut, but they're big ones: Metallica's "Enter Sandman," Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" and Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills."

[quote name='robdees']Can someone quickly explain how the DLC idea from Rock Band 1 works? Its my understanding that if I say rent a copy of RB I can pay a small transfer fee on Live to download most of the tracks to my hard drive then play them on RB2. If so, this would be a great opportunity to jump on the Rock Band train for me.[/quote]
It'll cost you 400xbl pts ($5). You can transfer all but a few of the songs (Paranoid, Run to the Hills, Enter Sandman, and Through the Monsoon). Any downloaded songs will just transfer automatically, I believe.

Also the full band kit is $163.19 shipped before tax until the end of the month. I just bought it using a $100 Dell gift card I bought for $75. So I got another $25 off the total price.

[quote name='shoe478']Don't let that $2 and change keep you from pulling the trigger lol.[/QUOTE]

I didn't, but I am a CAG after all. Still, it was too good to pass up.

OK my lazy azz did the google search ;) But you guys are so on top of it you've already posted what I wanted to know - Thanks and looks like I'm gonna pick up RB2 finally!

Yeah Meijer (Midwest) just had the wireless les paul for 10 bucks 2 weeks ago. Picked up a few for friends and myself. It works fine no problems.

i bit....

If i already have all this plastics instruments from RB1 & guitars from GHWT & 3 its a sin to not buy this game at this price.......

OK so what might you guys suggest for a good deal on a decent mic. My wife has used the headset in the past and says it isn't so great. What is a decent mic for this?

[quote name='bordjon']OK so what might you guys suggest for a good deal on a decent mic. My wife has used the headset in the past and says it isn't so great. What is a decent mic for this?[/quote]

I use a couple of different mics. I got a singstar bundle at Sears for $1.97 and those work. I also use a mic from a boogie bundle that I got for $9.99. Pretty much any usb mic works but it would be cool to have an official mic w/ the buttons on it.

im gonna check wally world, gamestop, and radioshack today. If anyone has an extra of anything let me know. Thanks a lot guys, now i gotta find a rb1 as well so hopefully blockbuster or videoworld has a copy.

wow this is really hard not to give in to. i have world tour with the guitar and a website said it will work with rb2 so i most likely will get this maybe today

[quote name='Chris Dillon']im gonna check wally world, gamestop, and radioshack today. If anyone has an extra of anything let me know. Thanks a lot guys, now i gotta find a rb1 as well so hopefully blockbuster or videoworld has a copy.[/quote]

I believe it would be best to buy it used at GS and return it within the 7 days. They have said that is ok in the past.

[quote name='shoe478']I believe it would be best to buy it used at GS and return it within the 7 days. They have said that is ok in the past.[/quote]

oh, i was talking about a guitar.

[quote name='nyj1218']wow this is really hard not to give in to. i have world tour with the guitar and a website said it will work with rb2 so i most likely will get this maybe today[/quote]

Yeah microsoft put out a mandate to both harmonix and activision saying that the hardware had to work on all platforms. sony didnt. it one of the few things that microsoft got right from the start.

[quote name='robdees']Can someone quickly explain how the DLC idea from Rock Band 1 works? Its my understanding that if I say rent a copy of RB I can pay a small transfer fee on Live to download most of the tracks to my hard drive then play them on RB2. If so, this would be a great opportunity to jump on the Rock Band train for me.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I tried the same thing and couldn't find a video store that rented Rock Band 1. I think most stores must've sold off their copies when RB2 came out. I must've called 20 or 25 stores and none of them had it. I was able to snipe a copy of RB1 on ebay for about $15 to get the songs though and the charge is $5 (400 points) to import them into RB2.

[quote name='jam3d']Yeah microsoft put out a mandate to both harmonix and activision saying that the hardware had to work on all platforms. sony didnt. it one of the few things that microsoft got right from the start.[/quote]

WRONG. Sony did in fact pull this mandate. You can use your GH3 controllers on RB and RB2, and you can use your RB drum sets on GHWT.

that's game only though, are there any third party guitars, etc. that are cheaper than the ones that come with rock band.

[quote name='maxfisher']FYI, I tried the same thing and couldn't find a video store that rented Rock Band 1. I think most stores must've sold off their copies when RB2 came out. I must've called 20 or 25 stores and none of them had it. I was able to snipe a copy of RB1 on ebay for about $15 to get the songs though and the charge is $5 (400 points) to import them into RB2.[/quote]

Yeah you can rent it, i got it from my cousin during a holiday party. It ties your system number and live id to the content like all dlc but not the disc serial number. like he said its 400 bucks, (which really goes to the bands for song licensing). Its really nice, because I missed the boat on 1, and got all the songs in 2. But like he said, renting it is hard to find anymore at the major stores. Try a family video if you have one around, you can rent the game for 3 bucks for one night. 8 bucks total is definitely worth the expanded list.

[quote name='rpgamer92']that's game only though, are there any third party guitars, etc. that are cheaper than the ones that come with rock band.[/quote]

Try the guitar hero guitars, they are dropping in price like mad. Check CAG for a week and I'm sure you would find something for under 20 bucks. Circuit city also has them for 20 bucks with a 10-30 percent off depending on the store manager. Mine had them for 20 with 20% off making it 17 after tax, which isn't too shabby.

to get rb1 you might want to ask a friend to borrow it for a day or if you have a local library that rents out games you can try there too.

but if i borrow a copy of rb1, one thats been opened and played, i can still buy the rights to play the songs on rb2?

Great, Thanks OP! bit on this and the $27 drum set at Amazon

I got drums and the game for about $63.. the same price that I would've paid if I bought the game alone at the store!

I'd go for it, but after getting Guitar Hero World Tour for $20, I can't being myself to pay almost double for this. Besides, I got a feeling I'll find it cheaper soon enough. :twisted:

[quote name='nyj1218']but if i borrow a copy of rb1, one thats been opened and played, i can still buy the rights to play the songs on rb2?[/quote]
Yes. Any RB1 disc, whether or not it's been previously exported or not, will work. Just boot up RB1, and in the options menu you'll find an option to export the songs.

To the contrary, RB2's 20 free DLC songs and the AC/DC Track Pack each come with a unique serial number that can only be claimed once to download/export those songs.

[quote name='Gdiguy']wow... I decided to go for it yesterday and ordered at 3pm; it arrived this morning at 10am :)[/quote]

with $5 shipping?

if you pick overnight shipping its only $10 off

[quote name='TrueKemar']thanks op but dell delayed my order just what i expected from dell.[/quote]
don't be so harsh.. my order actually was shipped the day I ordered it.. and one guy in an earlier post got his in one day!

Thanks for the imput on my question everyone and to the OP for the deal. I ordered yesterday (shipped out within a couple of hours!) and will try to rent a copy of RB1 from my Family Video. If all else fails a few of my students have offered to let me borrow a copy. Thanks again!

bread's done
Back