Guncon Games

bingokami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
just wanted to know your opinions on :
which games are the best guncon games for the ps2?

i'm inspired to buy the guncon's after seeing the Wii's House of the Dead Overkill, but i don't have a wii but i do have a ps2. thanks in advance for your opinions.

I own every gun game on the system, and yes I mean everyone. (Even import ones)

But as far as US releases, I really like Endgame, and RE: Dead Aim, I like the idea of playing a RE game with FPS-like aiming, that I control.

Dino Stalker is frantic, prepare for a tired finger but its kinda like a FPS (walking around and trying to not get back attacked in some areas is next to impossible) meets gun game approach makes it harder than it needed to be, still its fun, but look into it before plunking down the cash. It can be played without the gun like Dead Aim, but it just isn't as fun.

I recommend Time Crisis 2 & 3, but they can get boring fast, at least 2 has a target shooting area, which more games should have in them. I will recommend Vampire Night to a lesser degree but you have to be too accurate in that game so it lessens the fun, but at least it's nice looking.

Oops forgot one, Starsky and Hutch, it's not the greatest game ever made, but it makes for a really cool co-op experience, one person drives and the other one shoots, even though the gun's calibration gets out of whack in the game occasionally, my brother and me had fun playing it a lot, he drove and I shot, and it can be had dirt cheap, so if that's something that interests you then look into it.

I don't like Time Crisis: Crisis Zone or Ninja Assault (it looks, plays and feels last gen) if you can play imports some guy here on CAG was selling the Gunvari Collection, which has 4 PS1 guncon games compatible on the PS2 and Guncon 2, but like I said it was import only.

Another import I would recommend is Gunfigher 2 The Legend of Jessie James (I think that's its subtitle) the only issue with it is that it's PAL only, but it was made by Rebellion, and for a old west gunfighter, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

That should get you started.

I liked Ninja Assault too. I would remind that the guncon don't work on lcd and plasmas. It has to be the tube tv.

Does anyone know if the guncon 3 on ps3 works with ps2 guncon games?

I have Time Crisis 2 and 3 and Starsky and Hutch.

If you have two GunCons, and like to play with a friend, I recommend TC 2 over TC 3. The Coop mode in TC3 is split screen, which I found made the play area too small to be any fun on my 27" TV. TC2 doesn't have coop mode, but you can play it single player with two guns "John Woo" style. This works great for two players except that you have to get used to coordinating cover/reload. I think you can play Vampire Night "coop" this way as well.

I also found Starsky and Hutch to be fun and hard to pass up for the price you can get it for used at Game Stop ($2.99?). Sometimes I play it by myself, one-handing the controller to drive and the other to shoot...man is that hard! It would probably be easier with a wheel/pedal setup.

I have the original Gunfighter, it's not too bad (ESP for the $6 I paid)

RE Dead Aim sounds good, may have to find it. Starsky and Hutch might be fun for a while too

Wasn't there a thread on Guncon games a while back?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']The Point Blank games on the PS1 if you can find them[/quote]

Only problem there is Guncon 2 isn't compatible with PS1 guncon games, otherwise I wouldn't have had to buy the Gunvari collection (Point Blank 1-3 and Time Crisis) So you'd have to buy a Guncon for PS1 to get the older games to work, which sucks.

[quote name='uncle5555']Only problem there is Guncon 2 isn't compatible with PS1 guncon games, otherwise I wouldn't have had to buy the Gunvari collection (Point Blank 1-3 and Time Crisis) So you'd have to buy a Guncon for PS1 to get the older games to work, which sucks.[/quote]

Oh really? That's just plain sucks then.

bread's done
Back