Removing GBA SP Box Stickers

E

eastshore4

Got a situation I was looking for some advice on. This weekend when I went to FYE to get my copy of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, I came across a display box for a Game Boy Advance SP on sale for $50. I figured you couldn't go wrong on a boxed GBA for $50 since I normally see them fetching $40-60 with just the unit, so I picked one up. Well, before I opened it I looked it up on ebay out of curiousity and found out they're fetching upwards of $120... Which has me now considering flipping it for a profit. The one thing I was looking for help was with removing the stickers from the box. There is a rather stubborn price sticker and a big ol' warranty sticker on thethere that I was hoping to remove without blotching the box. Since the box is this sort of glossy cardboard material, using goo-gone or other liquid solutions is out of the question. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of these stickers?

Could try a Hairdryer on High heat and see if the glue is still gooey enought to unstick.

if it's been around for years, you could try steaming it off, but then you'll chance the wetting of the box. ( maybe a compress of a wet washcloth, but again, chance of wet.)

If you're really needing to do this, find a bottle of Un-do. Amazon sells it, but it's a bit pricier there than it should be if you can find it locally at a drug store or Wal-mart.

http://www.amazon.com/Un-Du-4-Ounce...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1233219991&sr=1-1

The stuff seems to be more alcohol-based, so it won't mess with the box and it dries quickly. You get best results when the sticker you're wanting to remove is paper-based as opposed to laminated w/shiny plastic. The stuff temporarily unstickies the sticky, but it has to have direct contact with the sticky. That's why the bottle has a sort of blunt scraper to help peel back the sticker. If it's a paper-based sticker, the Un-do will seep right through from the front and disable the sticky. If not, you'll have to work a bit to get it in there.

If you're planning on selling it, I would think having a retail sticker on it is actually a good sign, it lets the customer know it's not a bootleg/import version. I always feel better about buying something when the seller says "bought it from my local Best Buy" rather than an unknown source.

[quote name='Kerig']
If you're planning on selling it, I would think having a retail sticker on it is actually a good sign, it lets the customer know it's not a bootleg/import version. I always feel better about buying something when the seller says "bought it from my local Best Buy" rather than an unknown source.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the sticker might be a "50% off" or a deal sticker of some sort. Dunno why it matters, but yeah.

[quote name='eastshore4']Got a situation I was looking for some advice on. This weekend when I went to FYE to get my copy of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, I came across a display box for a Game Boy Advance SP on sale for $50. I figured you couldn't go wrong on a boxed GBA for $50 since I normally see them fetching $40-60 with just the unit, so I picked one up. Well, before I opened it I looked it up on ebay out of curiousity and found out they're fetching upwards of $120... Which has me now considering flipping it for a profit. The one thing I was looking for help was with removing the stickers from the box. There is a rather stubborn price sticker and a big ol' warranty sticker on thethere that I was hoping to remove without blotching the box. Since the box is this sort of glossy cardboard material, using goo-gone or other liquid solutions is out of the question. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of these stickers?
[/quote]

I just sent you a message about this GBA SP...

bread's done
Back