CAGcast is lost= Sad Wombat

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well we just finished recording a 2 hour show just so my computer could freeze and lose everything when I went to save it. I am so mad right now, I just needed to vent

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

just wondering..
does cheapy have some kind of low-quality version of your part of the show?

Wow Wombat...that's seriously not cool :( really sorry to hear it man. Cheapy's going to have a fit... yikes.

I had no idea that it was recording on your end, though I guess it makes sense. Maybe you guys can do a quick 15 minute rehash of what you talked about and keep the best parts recorded. Re-recording an entire 2 hour show is a bit extreme. What a bummer.

I'm glad you guys turned me onto the Rebel FM and Giant Bomb podcasts. They're really great but the CAGcast is still my favorite. You'll be alright man, just get the steam out now!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!

We shall have to substitute our own show line by line via user created content.

CheapyD: Hi, I'm CheapyD from Tokyo, Japan.
Wombat: And I'm Wombat, and I'm being reconstituted from my hard drive's recycling bin.
CheapyD: What?
Wombat: You heard me. Do you want a show this week or not?

-----------

P.S. I smell the need for a LIVE SHOW!

Crap. I wanted to hear about your SF IV experience. Glad to know it's not just my co-host that can have this problem. We've had to redo at least a section of one of our 39 episodes at least 20% of the time.

[quote name='CheapyD']It may be able to be recovered, but he is sleeping now. We will give it a shot tomorrow.[/quote]

Cool, I'm expecting to be disappointed but I'll attempt to be optimistic.

Hopefully it is recoverable. If not....what will you guys do? Record another one? Not have one this week? Well...my break between classes will be boring....*sigh

Not that it's Wombat's fault, but people are going to be MAD, between this and the delay from yesterday. Sorry about that guys. I could only imagine how frustrating that would be.

[quote name='danny8k']
does cheapy have some kind of low-quality version of your part of the show?[/QUOTE]
Wombat's portion is always low quality. :whistle2:#

Ah well. Stuff happens. Sorry Cheapy and Wombat. This is one time I'm thankful you introduced me to the Player One Podcast. I guess they'll have to be my CAGcast "substitute" for this week.

I'd be mourning if it wasn't for Wombat introducing me to Player One.

That bit where Phil started imitating Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park had me in tears, I can't handle more than two podcasts a week...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sounds like CAG voted wrong to let Wombat go to the SFIV event.[/quote]
I was just going to say that!

and ya third Wombat introducing me to the Player One Podcast. Guess I have a chance to catch up on them as I haven't listened in a month (that and Rebel FM)

Well, I had to recover data once and what I used was Zero Assumption Recovery. It worked really well and I got all my shit back. Might be worth a shot, you could try the trial version since it's only 1 file that you need to recover. Dunno if it will work in this case though.

I predict that Wombat's username will be changed to jerk-off #3.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck in your recovery efforts. If you can't recovery it, Wombat, just move on with the numbering then one day when it's miraculously retrieved you can compare it to long lost FF pages done by Jack Kirby.

oh noooooo!!!!!! awww i was mad'ish that you guys didnt make the podcast yesterday and now this?!! i know its not your fault , maybe not, although using too many applications while recording probably did it. probably the skype thing and all that.

fuck me! This is going to ruin my commute to work this morning.... I hope Wombat's portion can be recovered... damn....

[quote name='Wombat']I think we have recovered around 1 hour and 47 minutes of the show[/quote]

wombat the super recovery guy strikes again.

CAGcast is lost

Well, it is addictive, it is a weekly show, and it does have a lot of cleverness and some unexpected twists...but let's not give LOST TOO much credit!

Uh, hyuck, hyuck, hyuck!

P.S. Trust me, I'm bummed.

Im glad to hear about the possible recovery.

I also have picked up the Player One podcast and really enjoy it. That along with RebelFM and GiantBomb are my three new additions after the 1up bloodbath.

Wombat, these things happen. However going forward both you and Cheapy should record each other's stream just as a backup. I know the trans pacific quality would diminish, but it is also better than having nothing but a toilet handle in your hand when things go south.

The show seems to be completely recovered. I will work on it now and should have it up before noon EST.

Without the CAGCast, I'll have to confront the soul-crushing reality that is my cubicle-and-spreadsheet existence.

[quote name='CheapyD']The show seems to be completely recovered. I will work on it now and should have it up before noon EST.[/quote]

Awesome! Yet another reason to look forward to my evening commute.

Glad to hear the show was recovered, I might actually get to listen to it on my way to my first day of work as a professional Aerospace Engineer. This is shaping up to be a really damn good week.

~HotShotX

[quote name='CheapyD']The show seems to be completely recovered. I will work on it now and should have it up before noon EST.[/QUOTE]

Nice one CheapyD, will listen to this on my commute into London tomorrow, somehow I thought you recorded it on your Mac?? I'm sure you said before you have to edit out Wombat's noisy PC fan?

Lets hope it doesn't happen again :cool:

bread's done
Back