Does shooting all 15 blue medals in RE 4 give you anything?

jdangerc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
I am on the 3rd level, second stage. I just wanted to know if shooting all 15 blue medals gives you anything in the end. Can anyone answer this?

For 15 the merchant gives you an upgraded punisher as opposed to the normal starting out form that you get for shooting 10 medalions.

Is the upgraded Punisher that the merchant gives you any different from just upgrading the Punisher yourself? Besides being cheaper, obviously...

[quote name='heavy liquid']Is the upgraded Punisher that the merchant gives you any different from just upgrading the Punisher yourself? Besides being cheaper, obviously...[/quote]

The starting firepower is 1.1 instead of 0.9. It isn't really worth upgrading as you'll get the chance to buy a stronger gun relatively soon afterwards, but the shoot 2 enemies at once is useful in upcoming areas...

Pistol wise so far where I am in the game I would say that most of the guns are not worth upgrading until the blacktail becomes available. Hands down the fastest and most lethal I have seen thus far (I haven't beat the game yet) although the red 9 with stock equiped does give you excellent accuracy.

A shotgun will always clear a room faster than the punisher any day of the week.

[quote name='prisonerac']Pistol wise so far where I am in the game I would say that most of the guns are not worth upgrading until the blacktail becomes available. Hands down the fastest and most lethal I have seen thus far (I haven't beat the game yet) although the red 9 with stock equiped does give you excellent accuracy.

A shotgun will always clear a room faster than the punisher any day of the week.[/quote]

The rifle is even a good option if you're in a jam and low on other ammo. It's slow but powerful and good for one shot kills.

Yeah I noticed the usefullness of rifle after I ran out of pistol ammo. For some reason I just hadn't used the semi auto rifle that much, but it works great on clearing areas if you can find a secluded spot.

bread's done
Back