CAGcast #148: The Show That Almost Wasn't

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]With the help of advanced alien technology, we were able to rebuild this show that was almost destroyed by computer error. We talk about Street Fighter IV and a bunch of other stuff that might have been better off lost forever. Sometimes, dead is better.

Get a free trial of Netflix and support the CAGcast:
www.netflix.com/cagcast

[podcast]51[/podcast]
Download - 105 minutes, 42MB
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:
Friday's Cheese Bacon Cheeseburger

Upon closer inspection, there does seem to be plastic tubes inside the bag

Last edited by a moderator:
Alien Technology at its finest! Gotta love that this was saved. I thought we'd have to listen to only one person talking and then no audio for Wombat's part. Downloading now. Thanks guys!

By the way...the download link is pointing to the wrong episode (#146). Might want to fix that CheapyD/mods... ^_^

Links fixed.

Also cupcakes
1233079771988.gif

no no no I strongly do not want a ron workman podcasts or any podcast on CheapAssGamer. The CagCast and Cag Foreplay are the ONLY podcast's I want.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The show was almost broken for the second time.[/quote]
hahaha

naturally the show gets going with mention of
shitting in a bag
, and yet I love it for it (wonder how many podcasts it'll take for a story like this not to make me chuckle, and how many podcasts it'll take for me not to regret laughing at them in hindsight)

In Europe, they had a LittleBigPlanet bundle. The only place that didn't have a LBP bundle was America, which instead decided to have an Uncharted bundle. SCEE gets the whole retail marketing thing, while SCEA doesn't. And SCEE doesn't get online marketing while SCEA does...sorta.

Wombat, you are DAMN right about the false advertising in the Guitar Hero commercials. This whole system of advertising songs that don't come with the actual games all started with Guitar Hero 3's commercial featuring "Slither" by Velvet Revolver, which also was only available in an additional paid content pack which was released ON THE SAME DAY as GH3. It is complete nonsense and they also used the same song with the DS game's commercial but is not found on the game, not to mention the DS game doesn't even support DLC. It is complete bull and Activision's similar schemes have been going on for over a year now.

Thank you Wombat for shedding some light on this. I was actually going to ask a CAGbag question about this. I'm glad that we're in agreement on this.

finished it

the cheapy and wombat college experiences were some of the best parts of the podcast, and big ups for Cheapy for the last 30seconds of the CAGcast

wow, another CagCast where once finnished, everything seemed incredibly quiet. Thank you CheapyD and Wombat for making my life seem incredibly boring without you. Honestly, thank you.

The last two intros have been completely awful because they managed to fuck up two great songs.

My biggest issue with the RE5 demo is that there's a lot of buttons to push to do a lot of things that should be simple actions (reload, slash the knife, inventory management).

I thought it wasn't actually Sony that denied the PSP2, but somebody that decided to speak up on their behalf. I remember the Giant Bomb guys denying that it was actually Sony saying this since the original article only mentions it being a source close to Sony and not an official spokeperson.

I'm surprised that you'd say that the PSP isn't doing well when it's regularly been the #1-selling console in Japan for a number of weeks in 2008 and is sometimes the top-selling non-Nintendo console here. The only issue the PSP has is that its games don't sell for shit, at least right away for a presence on the NPD, so jumping to a new system just because of that is kind of crazy when you've sold over 40 million consoles and still sell very well. You can compare any console to the DS and say it's selling like shit, but the PSP came into a market that Nintendo had over 90% of the marketshare since the Gameboy came out and they now only have about 65%-70% because Sony's carved out a great niche for themselves.

I like that Wombat seems to foreshadow the big fuck-up on Wombat's part when he says he doesn't think this episode would be good.

Damn. Lots of haters. :whistle2:( fuck 'em.

wow, I didn't know about Speedy. Good luck buddy and thank you for all your hard work. Good show guys, and thanks for sparing us the details of your love life Wombat. btw, CAG got the 5 star treatment on my survey ;)

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Wombat, you are DAMN right about the false advertising in the Guitar Hero commercials. This whole system of advertising songs that don't come with the actual games all started with Guitar Hero 3's commercial featuring "Slither" by Velvet Revolver, which also was only available in an additional paid content pack which was released ON THE SAME DAY as GH3. It is complete nonsense and they also used the same song with the DS game's commercial but is not found on the game and doesn't even support DLC. It is complete bull and Activision's similar schemes have been going on for over a year now.

Thank you Wombat for shedding some light on this. I was actually going to ask a CAGbag question about this. I'm glad that we're in agreement on this.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be the first time this has happened to Activision. Remember those old Call of Duty PS2 commercials that showed graphics and sequences that looked far better than the game's actual graphics? Acti was sued for those crappy things, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lawsuit was coming for these crappy GH commercials.

The little podcast rant Cheapy gave was a bit strange guess you guys aren't happy about the download numbers?
I really like the way you guys talked about what you wanted and still got the gaming stuff done, college stories were hilarious and not to mention the shit bags

Cheapy and Wombat you guys talked about SFIV but not about how well you thought it would do, think the game will be a huge hit or just sell great in at niche market of old-school fans?

Cheapy, your description of your back problems coupled with your stressfree life made me realise that you're not sony at all.. you're a fainting goat

Also, i'd love to hear a Ron Workman podcast, he's usually pretty much on the ball. At least as often as Pachter, and way more handsome. ;)

[quote name='MikeydCT']How about for #150 you retire the numbering of the shows? Do you want the CAG cast to sound old?[/quote]

Every other podcast has it's numbers in there. The CAGCast is about the same number of episodes as This Week in Tech, and Major Nelson's podcast is in the 300's, so I think Cheapy is fine to leave the numbers in.

I think it would be a great idea for Señor Workmeng to have a podcast. He used to host Destructoid's podtoid back in the day and was really what made podtoid stand out for me :)

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts' poor sales. While the game was well covered in the enthusiast press was there any advertisement or promotion for this game at all? This was a huge missed opportunity. There were a lot of N64 kids, both boys and girls, who loved the first game. Ten years later, these people are either gamers with money or have kids of their own. Microsoft Games Studios just had to let mainstream people know this existed.

Ron Workman doing a podcast on CAG would be terrible that guy is a complete.... wait a minute. Nevermind.

@Senisan. Thanks. Seriously its awesome to hear that.

@ ThetoiletDuck. #1. I love your Myspace layout. #2. I promise to never say something that sounds that cheesy ever again. #3. I don't know anything about being on anyones balls. #4. Pachter might run a higher risk of being wrong compared to me its true. I dedicate my life to my research. But, to bring balance to the force, with me you run a much higher risk of catching an STD. So, with him you can stay clean and lose money, with me, you can know the future and it will burn when you pee.
Know you know, And knowing is half the battle!

I met Ron Workman and he seems like a good guy. I don't know that I'd listen to him talk for an hour though. He'll need a spunky side kick to make it interesting.

BTW, props to Cheapy for playing SF2THDR with the Analog stick. I thought I was the only one. It's much better than playing with that crappy 360 D-pad.

CHEAPY! i have listened to the first 2mins of the show and i had to come post. Dont stop!, i seriously look forward to the podcast every week. I listen to a few other podcasts but none of them have the same humor, and off the wall commentary.

Thanks Cheapy and Wombat!

bread's done
Back