Platinum Games Website

Just delete the PlatinumGames.com cookie and try the age-restriction thing again. It worked for me.

wait how do I delete cookies?? I cant figure it out :cry:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Bayonetta looks completely lame, IMO.[/QUOTE]

shutup! you're lame!! :bomb:

[quote name='JEKKI']shutup! you're lame!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
No u.

[quote name='coolz481']Wow - all 3 of those look really good. I wish MadWorld would come over to the PS3, maybe as a PSN game.[/QUOTE]
Cry more, or better yet, buy a Wii.

I find it fucking insulting that you seem to equate one of the best-looking Wii exclusives ever, to the level of a mere downloadable PS3 game.

Really cool that they're supporting fan interest over here, I didn't expect this. Very much looking forward to all there games this year, especially Bayonetta.

Bayonetta looks like one hot freaky mess....

On the other hand MadWorld looks like a great game...for psychopaths!

(Kidding, it's clearly not my type of game though.)

The space game looks somewhat interesting to me, and I need a new DS game to play.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
Cry more, or better yet, buy a Wii.

I find it fucking insulting that you seem to equate one of the best-looking Wii exclusives ever, to the level of a mere downloadable PS3 game.[/quote]
While I agree with the sentiment, you seem easier to insult that I remember...

Bayonetta looks like one hot freaky mess....

On the other hand MadWorld looks like a great game...for psychopaths!

(Kidding, it's clearly not my type of game though.)

The space game looks somewhat interesting to me, and I need a new DS game to play.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

I find it fucking insulting that you seem to equate one of the best-looking Wii exclusives ever, to the level of a mere downloadable PS3 game.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
IGN jus put up sum kinda article about platinum games lol

http://wii.ign.com/articles/952/952640p1.html

these guys are the future!! too bad I'm too lazy to read it rite now...

me reading that article is also the future!!

madworld-20090209001208994-000.jpg

madworld-20090209001155603-000.jpg

madworld-20090209001129042-000.jpg

MadWorld doesnt necessarily excite me,

but I seriously have so much faith in this group that I'm getting the game anyways.

hyped as shyt for Bayonetta tho.

I didnt like God Hand btw... tried to get into it, but never understood the game as a whole

Cheetah form, Joe Pesci*, and body-slamming Dragons?
THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!

Probably as Bayonetta's Cousin Vinny

[quote name='JEKKI']
I didnt like God Hand btw... tried to get into it, but never understood the game as a whole[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't like it all my first shot at all. I ended up getting it a second time and fell in love with it. The graphics and story mean nothing. It's all about combat. Forward dodge + custom combos and it felt like the controller wasn't even there. I ended up buying copies for all my friends.

Anyways Bayonetta is looking pretty damn nice. I'm a little worried about the new 'cheetah' mechanic but everything else is fly.

played Bayonetta yesterday at comic con.

it's freakin awesome!!!

your face buttons do 3 attacks, punch, kick, special, and jump.

shoulder buttons dodge, taunt, switch weapons, and one I cannot remember.

The special button does a specific action based on her weapon, so if she has her guns equipped she shoots them devil may cry style. I am not sure if there is a way to perform special actions with weapons equipped to her feet.

combos are very rhythm based, i.e. punch punch pause kick,

the cool thing about that is unlike devil may cry performing moves do not require on holding down directions relative to your opponent's position, mashing buttons, or holding down multiple buttons, altho I do suspect there are some exceptions (some moves require you to twirl analog stick, some QTE's have mashing, and I think I saw some moves in the movelist that had shoulder+face button inputs)

between real time weapon switching, taunting, and your special attack, I believe these will be your tools for creating impressive combos. also jump canceling but again unlike DMC I did not notice any attack strings that act as launchers so I do not kno how that will work for now in addition to air attacks.

you can also pick up weapons on the field, then both your punch and kick attacks will serve as weapon based attacks. Weapons have their own HP meter so they dont last forever, and you can also unequip them early.

also dodging attacks at the last moment initiates a short "bullet time" mode where u move normal speed while everything around you slows. I presume this will be a key element in more difficult levels to expose enemy vulnerabilities.

anyway I think that's all I have for now. I didnt play the whole demo coz I wanted to be courteous after the guy before me hogged that shyt all to himself.

get hype!!

bread's done
Back