Conns.com: XBOX 360 Arcade(Jasper) for $149.99 +shipping, Online and B&M

phogoodness

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Edited: 2/8/09
***DEAL IS LIVE AGAIN FOR B&M ONLY, NOT ONLINE unfortunately***

This deal is back for those who have a Conn's nearby, and this time they sweetened the deal by including a free Guitar Hero III Bundle or Guitar Hero IV Guitar Set.

I got my XBOX 360 Arcade 'Jasper' last week from the earlier deal, which I'm happy about, but if a Conn's were local, this would have even been better.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Original Post: 1/31/09

This deal is getting a bit of heat over on SD, so I figured CAGers should get in as well.
http://www.conns.com/73482.html

People have reported getting the XBOX 360 Arcades 'Jaspers' from both B&M and online. This is a better deal for me than the similar DELL offer as I don't get charged tax. For those that are a bit late to the XBOX party, the total came out to be $156.98 with FEDEX ground shipping.

Also you can upgrade to a 20 GB hard drive (refurb) and get 3 months of LIVE gold for $29.99 (+ tax).
http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/

Name Code Qty Each Options
----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX 360 Arcade System 73482 1 149.99
Subtotal 149.99
Shipping 6.99
Tax 0.00
Total 156.98

Credit to TheMop75

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is what? A southern ABC Warehouse of sorts? Think my 360's getting on it's last legs but I need a new car more I suppose.

mmm didn't we already have a conversation about this places' reseller ratings and how they totally blow? Correct me if i'm wrong though (which i totally could be).

They shouldn't re-sell, it should be a new one. This place is like circuit city except without the cd's. Basically sell furniture and high end electronics (suprised xbox's are on their list now).

[quote name='bjstucker']They shouldn't re-sell, it should be a new one. This place is like circuit city except without the cd's. Basically sell furniture and high end electronics (suprised xbox's are on their list now).[/QUOTE]

Think he meant "reseller" as in Reseller Ratings.

Conn's was at the time I lived in Houston a very reputable chain. Actually bought a TV from them once. No issues.

Now with the global meltdown who knows?

when i saw this deal, and visited their website, it gave me a feel like they are the PC Richards of the south. anyone familiar with both stores ?

[quote name='silantstrike']when i saw this deal, and visited their website, it gave me a feel like they are the PC Richards of the south. anyone familiar with both stores ?[/quote]

Actually that is a good analogy. Having lived in New York as well that is a pretty good match.

Anyone who gets this deal should thank me, because I knew as soon as I decided to use the Dell sale a better deal would come along. They were just waiting for me to hit the 'order' button.

[quote name='qduong55']interesting choice of name for a business[/QUOTE]

I'd guess that "Conn" was the last name of one of the founders. It's a fairly common last name.

[quote name='silantstrike']when i saw this deal, and visited their website, it gave me a feel like they are the PC Richards of the south. anyone familiar with both stores ?[/QUOTE]

yep, that's right

Thanks for the deal but it was dead when I found it. Guess I'm still in the market for a cheap Arcade.

I was thinking of getting an XBox but mainly for the Gears exclusives. But I dont know.... does XB have any other high end exclusives?

[quote name='Ravenous']I was thinking of getting an XBox but mainly for the Gears exclusives. But I dont know.... does XB have any other high end exclusives?[/quote]

fable II/ Fable II pub, Halo series (obviously), I have heard decent things about kameo, ninja gaiden II (even though sigma is for the ps3), perfect dark zero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_exclusives

thats a list of most/all of the exclusives...

IMHO: the first party games of the 360/ps3 are lackluster at best... it seems that the WII has much better exclusives than either of these systems...

simply put... IMHO there isn't too much separating the ps3 and 360.. aside from XBL, who a lot of people prefer...

Oh,...and the price...

its a B&M store in Texas. I've bought tvs, washers/dryers, and an ipod from them....The sales rep are on commission and are as bad as car salesman.....other than pushy sales reps, i've had excellent experiences with them and their warranties...

***DEAL IS LIVE AGAIN FOR B&M ONLY, NOT ONLINE unfortunately***

This deal is back for those who have a Conn's nearby, and this time they sweetened the deal by including a free Guitar Hero III Bundle or Guitar Hero IV Guitar Set.

I got my XBOX 360 Arcade 'Jasper' last week from the earlier deal, which I'm happy about, but if a Conn's were local, this would have even been better.

I ordered one and got it a week after.
I was kinda worried at first b/c PSU was 175w(for Falcon)but 12V is 12.1A...

I assume it is sort of overstock from somewhere. the manufactured date was Oct 17
so barely but anyway it was Jasper ... sweet!

it runs way cooler than my older 360. hopefully I won't have to worry about rrod anymore

bread's done
Back