Berserk (Remastered Edition) Complete Set $27!

[quote name='SlaughterX']@ TSRI! If you're an anime fan, you should own this series.[/QUOTE]

Should bite on this one...I have the korean version(oops)...Now it is time to go legit!Thanks OP!

Its on sale at BestBuy too fro 29.99 if you just want to walk into a B&M store. I find that RightStuf is slow on shipping new releases (they always ship mine a week or so after the release) Still you would be saving money....

Wow, that's killer price. I still have old version with LE art Box and i paid at least $90 for this show. Worth every penny and still hope season 2 !!!

Is this really that good? Right now im on Death Note 10, and im a little disappointed. Hyped anime always lets me down.

[quote name='help1']Is this really that good? Right now im on Death Note 10, and im a little disappointed. Hyped anime always lets me down.[/quote]

It's really that good, and better.

[quote name='georox']Most of what I've heard on Berserk says skip the anime and just read the manga... that it pulls a Gantz...[/QUOTE]

That would be because so many people misunderstood what the show was about, the anime is The Band of the Hawk arc, Gutts was the main character but it wasn't solely about him. It didn't make up an ending like so many other shows in the same position but instead left it the same as the manga. Which is a pretty brutal cliffhanger but the first episode is pretty much the epilogue anyway. Claymore had a similar cliffhanger in the manga and just made up an ending, which was so putrid it almost took the series with it.

[quote name='georox']Most of what I've heard on Berserk says skip the anime and just read the manga... that it pulls a Gantz...[/QUOTE]

Damn.....Gantz...such a great anime, with the anime ending leaving you wanting more!!!!

[quote name='hcamacho']Damn.....Gantz...such a great anime, with the anime ending leaving you wanting more!!!![/quote]

Honestly, the entire second season of Gantz just choked on it, hard. They basically just threw everything out and went "LET'S JUST ADD SOME FILLER IN!"

I can't say if the manga did better or not, but the second season felt like it was done by completely different people, with no sort of plan or idea of what to do.

My memory is bit hazy but I think outside of the last group fight the majority of season 2 was in the manga. Last I checked the manga really was still pretty vague about what was going on, only that something really bad would happen if they didn't kill those aliens. Only difference being the fights get more and more hectic, that 100 point monster fight was epic.

Going kinda OT but only the "Kurono alien" arc of the anime was not in the manga. The anime goes up to chapter 90 of the manga, the manga is currently on chapter 291 and it gets a HELL of a lot better than the games in the anime.

[quote name='skiizim']I just wished they would continue the show!!!! This and hunter X hunter, then I can die in peace![/QUOTE]

Just read the manga. Although, I agree, a second season of Berserk would be awesome.

I just finished this, and loved it. I wish i understood the ending al ittle more, but i don't really like reading manga so i'll just have to live with it.

Definitely worth it at this price.

[quote name='skiizim']I just wished they would continue the show!!!! This and hunter X hunter, then I can die in peace![/quote]

[quote name='Hyrule Crusader']Just read the manga. Although, I agree, a second season of Berserk would be awesome.[/quote]

I definitely have to agree with you guys, Berserk is absolutely amazing. I almost purchased a dreamcast just so I could play the game that came out, but I didn't. Still with all things considered I thought Berserk did quite well and had a pretty decent audience. I am quite surprised a second season has not been created. Alas I doubt there ever will be.

[quote name='Sacsquash']AARRGH!!! Paid damn near a $100 for the "BOX OF WAR" years ago, but I'll have to say it was freakin' worth it.[/QUOTE]

That was a damn fine box

I think the problem with creating a second season would be where to end it. As far as I remember from the manga, I don't think there is another good spot they could end it at unless they created a stupid filler ending like Claymore, but that would totally do the series injustice. I suppose they could end it at the spot where
Griffith is reborn yet again (after having already been reborn as Femto)
, but that would just be setting up for a third season. I wouldn't mind a continuing anime with modern animation look to it though. Shit gets insane later.

btw...is this Berserk set a slim dvd pack/single case with 6 discs set? At least those who have the box of war set have the collectible artbox thing lol

I had the R1 box set but sold it for around $70 earlier in the summer. the ending was depressingly awesome. probably the only time I will ever use those two words together.

[quote name='imascrub']I think the problem with creating a second season would be where to end it. As far as I remember from the manga, I don't think there is another good spot they could end it at unless they created a stupid filler ending like Claymore, but that would totally do the series injustice. I suppose they could end it at the spot where
Griffith is reborn yet again (after having already been reborn as Femto)
, but that would just be setting up for a third season. I wouldn't mind a continuing anime with modern animation look to it though. Shit gets insane later.

btw...is this Berserk set a slim dvd pack/single case with 6 discs set? At least those who have the box of war set have the collectible artbox thing lol[/QUOTE]

This is the biggest problem I see with everyone clamoring for a second season. The story after Band of the hawk doesn't really have any more "stopping" points, even stopping at the place you mentioned would be a huge WHAT THE HELL?! as it as just a big a cliffhanger as any. If Berserk ever continues I want it to be a remake done in 10 or 15 years when the manga is done. The story is just too epic for anything less. I would prefer the same style animation though, just you know more animated and not as many still frames. The dirty hand drawn look worked well for the atmosphere

[quote name='GregOfTheDead']the ending was depressingly awesome. probably the only time I will ever use those two words together.[/quote]

If we're talking anime... Cowboy Bebop.

I'd really recommend folks just skip the anime and go directly to the Manga.
The anime is good, for an "anime." But the Manga has SO MUCH MORE. Even tho the anime only covers the first 13 books or so, many characters and developments are left out.

The US release manga is up to 27 I believe, I only have up to 26 so far, but it is by far the best manga/graphic novel I've ever read, including American comics/novels. If you are hesitant you can find some scanlations online for you to read before biting the bullet, but trust me, I think you will.

Also if you really like Berserk I'd recommend other novels such as Priest (manhwa), Chunchu (manhwa), and BLAME! (manga). BLAME! is sci-fi but still has that dark a gritty feeling as the others and a good involving (yet crazy) story.

[quote name='Sacsquash']AARRGH!!! Paid damn near a $100 for the "BOX OF WAR" years ago, but I'll have to say it was freakin' worth it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That box is too good.

[quote name='Gamelore']They finally fix the mono audio with this?
smile.gif
[/quote]
Yeah I think they did.

Completely forgot I ordered from DeepDiscount until I got the shipping email

Edit: These pictures are from the mania.com thread of the packaging

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/Zombie_Punk/007.jpg
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/Zombie_Punk/006.jpg
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/Zombie_Punk/010.jpg
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/Zombie_Punk/001.jpg

Wasn't aware they managed to fit this in a regular dvd case, makes me wish more companies had done that instead of digipaks, bricks, boxes etc etc. Just looking around at all the space I could have saved......... yeah just yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coolsteel']Completely forgot I ordered from DeepDiscount until I got the shipping email

Edit: These pictures are from the mania.com thread of the packaging

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/Zombie_Punk/007.jpg
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/Zombie_Punk/006.jpg
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/Zombie_Punk/010.jpg
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/Zombie_Punk/001.jpg

Wasn't aware they managed to fit this in a regular dvd case, makes me wish more companies had done that instead of digipaks, bricks, boxes etc etc. Just looking around at all the space I could have saved......... yeah just yeah.[/quote]

I can't wait for mine to arrive, that is some beautiful art and packaging.

Yeah even with the remastered coming in the mail I can't bring myself to get rid of the box of war.Probably swap out the disc like everyone else seems to be doing.

[quote name='Z e r o']Do you guys think this is worth buying if I already own the Box of War edition?[/QUOTE]

Blood splatters have never looked brighter. But even without that the Box of War was a technically flawed set with mono audio, since the new set takes up the size of a single dvd case and is relatively cheap I had no problems buying again. Keeping my box of war and just swapping out the discs

[quote name='hcamacho']So the remastered version is on sale ?Have to drive to next town...hm...[/quote]

Make sure you go to one on the list that has the 50% off sale. If you don't find it in store, go to the in-store kiosk and order it to be delivered to you. It will cost you a few more bucks in shipping, but it should ring up half price at the kiosk.

[quote name='coolsteel']Blood splatters have never looked brighter. But even without that the Box of War was a technically flawed set with mono audio, since the new set takes up the size of a single dvd case and is relatively cheap I had no problems buying again. Keeping my box of war and just swapping out the discs[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good idea. Thanks.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Make sure you go to one on the list that has the 50% off sale. If you don't find it in store, go to the in-store kiosk and order it to be delivered to you. It will cost you a few more bucks in shipping, but it should ring up half price at the kiosk.[/QUOTE]

Interesting service there, so this means that I go to the store that has it for 50% off, if they dont have it instore, I could order it in the kiosk in the store to be delivered to my house...I wonder if they do that here in Puerto Rico, I really doubt it, since the majority of the big store chains treat us Puerto Rican customers different than the way they do business on the USA...Like an example I can order on amazon, games and dvds , but if I want to order a dvd player, or a harddrive for the pc, I cant....I am really tired of how the stores change policies cause Puerto Rico is not a state...Used to that , well let's see then.

bread's done
Back