The Official PSP Pre-Order Information Thread

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
Just include place, amount of $$ to reserve, and any other information you may pick up from the employee (except for rumors and stuff like that). No import information, just U.S. Also, some stores may require more or less for a down payment...please include the different prices. Thanks.

IN STORE PREORDERS
EDIT: Doesn't look like any of these places are cutting preorders off, but I would think your chance of getting a first shipment PSP are pretty slim if you're just preordering. I heard the 2nd shipment is a week maybe two behind the first shipment. Who knows though...it's Sony!
EB
$5-$20

Gamestop
$50

FYE
$15

Gamecrazy
$10-$25
Receive 12 free Hollywood Video rentals free when you pick up your preordered PSP.
EDIT: Seen a couple reports now of GameCrazy screwing people into preordering 3 games + and accessory, even those who preordered several weeks to months ago. Someone needs to tell these clowns that's only online preordering is working that way. I'd avoid GameCrazy!

Gamerush
$50

Media Play
$50, sign said something about a bundle didn't confirm if this was the $250 PSP bundle or if MP was requiring a purchase of games &/or assessories.

ONLINE PREORDERS
EBgames.com
Noticed on site as of the evening of 1/26/05.
EBGames.com offers several PSP bundles now, similar to Gamestop.

Gamestop.com
Noticed on site as of the evening of 1/27/05.
Gamestop.com's bundles

BestBuy.com
First seen 2/20/05, for hardware just the Value Pack is listed at $249.99 here.

Circuitcity.com
First seen 2/27/05, like BB the value pack is showing for $249.99 but you can't preorder it. Here's the Link.

Amazon.com
Fairly recent (added to list 3/6/05)...selling 5 game bundle for $449.99.

KBToys.com
Thanks to MGoBlue for finding this one. KB recently added a bunch of bundles to their site...LINK!

Overstock.com
Pretty sweet, click the link. Then go to the game systems and find the PSP which is priced at $245. Preorder it and at $225 with $1 shipping. This is overstock.com though so go into this pre-order with low expectations.
OOS for the moment!!!!

Sears.com
Noticed 3/16/05, selling the Value Pack for $249.99. LINK!
I added it to my cart and got charged tax, shipping was fairly cheap at $5.95 but it was 4-6 Business Day shipping. Yuck!

There are lots of site offering the PSP now and a lot of them are charging a lot more than $250. If you find any deals or notice anything worth mentioning please post it and I'll add it to the thread. Thanks.

DID YOU ORDER/PURCHASE YOUR MEMORY STICK DUO?
I recently purchased a 1.0GB Sandisk MS Pro Duo from onsale.com. It was BY FAR the cheapest price I found by at least $15. The price was $106.75 shipped and I now see that the price went up to $112.50 which is still a very good price for a 1.0GB duo.

OnSale.com
1GB BLUE $108.75 + shipping Link!
1GB GAMING YELLOW $108.75 + shipping Link!!

512MB Sandisk for $57.50 + shipping

UPS Standard Shipping was slightly under $8 for me.

Chumbo.com
1GB GAMING YELLOW $122.49 free shipping LINK

AcademicSuperstore.com
Must be a student or teacher, proof of eligibility requirements listed on the site
1GB GAMING YELLOW $112.95 free shipping LINK!

Looking for some good deals on duo's!!!! Please post if you find any!!!

Gamestop in store has it....50 bucks down or you can trade in 3 non-sports/demos games, get an extra 10 in store credit...then put that money towards a PSP. Hurry though, they told us that pre-orders are close to being shut off.

[quote name='Querjek']Wait, you can preorder online at EB? Link please![/quote]

No no no no, settle down. That's just there for when there is online preorders, which I wouldn't wait for...because those preorders (if any) will sell out pretty much instantly.

[quote name='little_krampy']Why am I doing this...well other than me putting in my 2 week notice last week and now trying to find ways to waste time...I think this will be a good post to keep people informed especially when everyone realizes 3 weeks before launch that the PSP rules and they want one and pre-orders are pretty much over with. But this should also help those out who haven't preordered their's yet. Anyway just include place, amount of $$ to reserve, and any other information you may pick up from the employee (except for rumors and stuff like that). No import information, just U.S.

IN STORE PREORDERS
EB
Saw sign at checkout but didn't ask any details.

Gamestop

FYE
$15, currently taking preorders until quota is met.

Best Buy

Circuit City

ONLINE PREORDERS
EBgames.com

Gamestop.com[/quote]

I will tell you what EB employees get for selling PSP perorders....

A DS thats what. Some worker was trying hard as ever to get as many POs for PSP as he could. His buddy (who used to work their when I was a regular) and happened to be shopping asked him why he was pushing the PSP preorders and he said there was 1 Ds left for the promotion and it was between hima nd another guy who had the top preorders..

Well I suppose a free DS is better than nothing, but only just... :p

Oh yeah, this one time when I was shopping these guys were selling PO's of the PSP so that they could get a PSP!

TRUE STORY!

[quote name='Snake2715']I will tell you what EB employees get for selling PSP perorders....

A DS thats what. Some worker was trying hard as ever to get as many POs for PSP as he could. His buddy (who used to work their when I was a regular) and happened to be shopping asked him why he was pushing the PSP preorders and he said there was 1 Ds left for the promotion and it was between hima nd another guy who had the top preorders..[/quote]

That's interesting...my local EB usually only has one guy working the entire store so maybe that's just a contest at that EB. That is weird though...sell a bunch of PSPs, get a DS.

[quote name='little_krampy'][quote name='Snake2715']I will tell you what EB employees get for selling PSP perorders....

A DS thats what. Some worker was trying hard as ever to get as many POs for PSP as he could. His buddy (who used to work their when I was a regular) and happened to be shopping asked him why he was pushing the PSP preorders and he said there was 1 Ds left for the promotion and it was between hima nd another guy who had the top preorders..[/quote]

That's interesting...my local EB usually only has one guy working the entire store so maybe that's just a contest at that EB. That is weird though...sell a bunch of PSPs, get a DS.[/quote]

Well its got to be larger spread than that one store. He said he was competing with one other guy in his region at a different store for the DS.
Even the x employee/friend started laughing and asked what kind of sense does that make and the guy just said it was something EB was doing and they had one left to give away.

As far as it being widespread I have no idea, but I do believe him. I was evesdroping (while waiting in line) to his convo with his basketbal buddy. The only reason the x employee/friend was in there was so he could make sure the employee was playing hoop that night.

[quote name='little_krampy'][quote name='Querjek']Wait, you can preorder online at EB? Link please![/quote]

No no no no, settle down. That's just there for when there is online preorders, which I wouldn't wait for...because those preorders (if any) will sell out pretty much instantly.[/quote]
Aah, phew, I was worried that I missed my chance. I ordered my DS as soon as EB listed it on their site--I believe it was October 6th when it finally happened. I plan on doing the same with the PSP.

Official info: Every EB Games store I go to down here in miami has pre-orders for $20. In fact, I already pre ordered mine. Word of advice though guys: as soon as Sony announces the price, add whatever amount needed to your pre-order of the PSP to equal Sony's announced price. If you do, more chances you will have first dibs on incomming systems on the day of launch. Just some info from a few friends of mine from a few of my local game stores.

Aww man....Its going to be hard for me to afford a PSP since I just used a bunch of money...but I have no worries, I will get it one way or another.

Great thread.
I would "Sticky" it, but there is a better chance of it showing up in search engines if I don't.

I'm sure the CAGs will help keep it up to date.

[quote name='Snake2715']
I will tell you what EB employees get for selling PSP perorders....

LOL, yea sure. Every manager got a free DS as a gift this October, so unless the store manager is putting theirs up for grabs, this is BS.

I've already pre-ordered 2 PSP's at 2 local GameStops in my area. Put $50 down on each. Although I probably could've put down only $5 down

I pre-ordered one for myself and the second one for a friend who owes me money now :)

Between my TRU credit card and BonusMail (PM me for more info) I should have about $80 in TRU credit by the time the PSP launches. If I can buy one instore, great. If not, I can wait. It's a want, not a need.

You have a TRU credit card? Seriously? And you're not spending money for children's toys or legos? Of all cards why that one?

I felt like I got burned with buying the DS at launch, so I think I'm gonna pass on preordering a PSP right now.

I want to see the durability of the system and the quality of the games before I throw down that much money on it.

Also you might want to include any incentives that stores are giving. I preordered mine at Gamecrazy and I'll get 12 rentals at Hollywood Video for free when I pick it up. Not the best deal but better than Gamestop's. A coupon book would be better.

I haven't preordered this, and I don't plan on doing it. However, this is a cool thread. Keep it up OP!

It seems like gamestop.com has games and accesories on the site, though I'm not sure when they added them to it. Seems like a good number of accesories for those of you that will freak out when a few specks of dust get on the screen.``

Guarantee your PSP and then save your receipts! EB apparently has a no-risk policy deposits are fully refundable. So, at launch, if it looks as though PSP will turn out to be a piece of garbage like DS, you don't lose anything.

[quote name='rallen']Wasn't the price supposed to be unveiled allready? Did I miss it?

If the price hasn't been announced, there's no way I'd pre-order it.[/quote]

Not yet, though Sony waited until a few weeks before the Japanese launch to announce the price, too. A fuuny thing I saw in this month's OPM was that they had Sony releasing the price on January 5th at CES, which didn't happen.

Got $50 down on one at Gamestop. He almost talked me out of it by saything he thought it would go for $199 without any of the accessories given in the Japanese version.

Hope it's not true but if so I can get the deposit back or just flip it for a profit if there's a launch shortage.

[quote name='dhrez']Also you might want to include any incentives that stores are giving. I preordered mine at Gamecrazy and I'll get 12 rentals at Hollywood Video for free when I pick it up. Not the best deal but better than Gamestop's. A coupon book would be better.[/quote]

Thanks dhrez, this is exactly the type of information people who haven't preordered yet want to know. I'll add it to the list.

I'll preorder mine elsewhere just in case, but I'll try to pick it up at Best Buy so I can get the product replacement plan. If the PSP launches at $199, I think the plan costs $25. If the PSP dies on you within the next 2 years you can bring it back and you'll get the price you paid for it back in store credit. I figure, by the time the thing dies (even if it's only a year, year and a half away), MSRP will have dropped at least $25 and I'll actually come out ahead by bringing it back and getting a new one with the credit.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Got $50 down on one at Gamestop. He almost talked me out of it by saything he thought it would go for $199 without any of the accessories given in the Japanese version.

Hope it's not true but if so I can get the deposit back or just flip it for a profit if there's a launch shortage.[/quote]

I asked both of the Gamestops near me, and each told me it would be $150. Who knows though.

I pre-ordered the PSP at my local GameStop. Of course, you need $50 in order to pre-order one...however, the employee there also stated that if I traded in game(s) for credit, I'd be able to pre-order the PSP as long as it is $25 or more. So, I traded in some games for credit and now have $38 down.

I don't know if I am going to pre-order again, but I have one with some money down. I might cancel it 'cause I don't like the fact that we have no idea how much this is going to be. I know that I won't be locked down or what-not, but still....

[quote name='lurknomore']I don't know if I am going to pre-order again, but I have one with some money down. I might cancel it 'cause I don't like the fact that we have no idea how much this is going to be. I know that I won't be locked down or what-not, but still....[/quote]

The price will be announced when the launch date is announced and I bet you anything all the preordering will be done by then. Remember in Japan the release date and price was announced a month before launch. If you don't have a preorder and you're planning on having one at launch prepare to stand in line outside of BB, CC, Target, or Walmart the night before the launch date. Mark my words...once Sony makes the announcement and starts it's TV ads it's going to be frickin' crazy. I still think only serious gamers even know what the PSP is...

My girlfriend and I each put $20 down for ours at EB tonight. I wish Sony would announce the price already, but since it's a refundable deposit, why not?

put $20 down at eb when the psp was first announced.

i was first on the list.

i was kind of disappointed with the DS, hopefully the psp will be better.

[quote name='memsg']Gamestop.com now has about 5 different bundles for pre-order.[/quote]

Just added those, thanks!

I actually like the ebgames.com bundle better. It sounds as though you'll be able to pick your games and accessory, but who knows. I'll probably end up cancelling that order...in fact I wouldn't have placed it if they

I just did the ebgames.com one. The bundle price sounds a little off if you add it up. Any idea on what accesories or games will be available with that bundle? Is it possible for the price to drop on the bundle?

[quote name='qwikstreet']I just did the ebgames.com one. The bundle price sounds a little off if you add it up. Any idea on what accesories or games will be available with that bundle? Is it possible for the price to drop on the bundle?[/quote]

Come on...read the description. Sorry...just sick of hearing "$50 is too much for a portable game" and "no way am I paying $400 for that bundle". READ THE DESCRIPTION...it's not a set in stone price and it will most likely drop (just my opinion). I'm cancelling if the price doesn't drop to $330 or lower (that's $180 system, 3 x $40 games (better be a good choice too), and a $30 accessory).

I preordered this afternoon @ Gamerush... I had so much credit from the DVD/game trade in deals that I will only be putting $200 out of pocket on the psp & 3 games.

bread's done
Back