Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus $14.99 on Amazon

Nice find! I had been waiting forever for this to drop until my friend got me it as a gift for Chrsistmas. I'd be all over it at $15 if I didn't already have it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']the PSP and DS version is superior compare to PS2 version!!! $15 still too much for this game :)[/QUOTE]

Umm, what PSP and DS version of this game??? There's only a PC version and PS2 version of Ambition of the Illuminus.

[quote name='Josef']Umm, what PSP and DS version of this game??? There's only a PC version and PS2 version of Ambition of the Illuminus.[/QUOTE]

I think 360 has a version too but it's DLC-only?

[quote name='Josef']Umm, what PSP and DS version of this game??? There's only a PC version and PS2 version of Ambition of the Illuminus.[/QUOTE]

The DS & PSP version is different game and both coming soon this year and i think handle version always superior compare to console version :)

I swear I saw somewhere that you would be able to transfer your character from the PS2 version to the PSP with a level cutoff of 25 or so. If true, it would be good to pick up to get a headstart on grinding.

Is AoI online only or is there an offline game? If there is offline, any estimate on length?

I picked up PSU for $10 thanks to CAG, but I haven't like it as much as PSO. :(

Do I need the first PSU to play this expansion? Looks like nobody reviewed the expansion in the U.S..

Edit: looks like it's a standalone expansion, with an offline story. not sure how long it is, though, or if it's any good.

Yeah I noticed this today, as I was poking around for other stuff. Good deal if you love the Phantasy Star Online games.

Good find! I may pick this up.

I am a huge fan of the classic Phantasy Star series from the SMS and Genesis days. I did buy PSO1 for the DC in early 2001 and was extremely disappointed that it had very little to do with the original series.

I wish that Sega would work on PSV for the PS3 and 360.

This one is a good game for sure, jump on it.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='Knoxximus']I swear I saw somewhere that you would be able to transfer your character from the PS2 version to the PSP with a level cutoff of 25 or so. If true, it would be good to pick up to get a headstart on grinding.[/QUOTE]

Only in the Japanese version, sadly.

[quote name='rockphantom']Good find! I may pick this up.

I am a huge fan of the classic Phantasy Star series from the SMS and Genesis days. I did buy PSO1 for the DC in early 2001 and was extremely disappointed that it had very little to do with the original series.

I wish that Sega would work on PSV for the PS3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

Well, this game essentially follows the PSO model so you'll probably not like it. It beefs up the offline content a little but it's still not a traditional Phantasy Star by any measure.

I'm not into online games, but this is still a good find by the OP for those who are.

It is. Not sure about people playing online still but the monthly fee is high for what it is.

I would wait for Phantasy Star Zero (PS0) for the DS since that's looking to be the real successor the PSO universe.

Crap! I thought this would've been a great way to top off the Yakuza 2 deal I saw in another thread for free shipping and interestingly enough, I noticed they're both from sega.

But since this is online and with a nominal fee... ah well, good find regardless.

[quote name='darkcloudinc']Crap! I thought this would've been a great way to top off the Yakuza 2 deal I saw in another thread for free shipping and interestingly enough, I noticed they're both from sega.

But since this is online and with a nominal fee... ah well, good find regardless.[/QUOTE]

I think there's single player story mode.

The single player in this game is VASTLY superior the the retarded story mode in PSU where you're stuck playing as a predetermined character (Ethan).

The single player is like the old days where you can make any type of character you want and basically play as if you were online. Very much like like single player in PSO. This is what PSU SHOULD have been.

Warning: the 360 version is different and requires a subscription DONT BUY THIS FOR 360 unless you want to pay the fee for online , the PC version is the winrar.

[quote name='Exedor']Warning: the 360 version is different and requires a subscription DONT BUY THIS FOR 360 unless you want to pay the fee for online , the PC version is the winrar.[/QUOTE]

Wait wait wait, the PC version is free now? Since when?

bread's done
Back