Too Human (360) $20 at Amazon & Walmart

[quote name='ohboy10451']good price, but more of a rent than a purchase[/quote]
I agree. It's a pretty fun game, but doesn't warrant buying imo.

Just FYI, the game is on clearance at Target. So far every Target I've been to has had at least five copies. There's a good chance that this will hit $10 or less there within the month.

What makes this even less appealing is that it's a game designed with a trilogy in mind, and considering the dismal sales sequels are probably never going to happen.

This gen's Advent Rising.

horrible game. Took me 8 hours to beat it but felt like it was forever. Same stuff over and over again. It never got any better. Terrible combat and animations. Boring loot system. Lousy art style and terrible story/cut scenes. It's like an 8 year old's take on Norse mythology with cyberpunk look slapped all over. Can't believe this horrible game actually cost 80 million dollars to make.

[quote name='rumblebear']horrible game. Took me 8 hours to beat it but felt like it was forever. Same stuff over and over again. It never got any better. Terrible combat and animations. Boring loot system. Lousy art style and terrible story/cut scenes. It's like an 8 year old's take on Norse mythology with cyberpunk look slapped all over. Can't believe this horrible game actually cost 80 million dollars to make.[/quote]

Yep, I felt like I was banging my head against a wall for ten hours. It took me longer cause at first I was enthusiastic and tried to find everything, that ended after the first "level". What I don't understand however is how this did better than Haze when they are on par with each other in crappiness. Goodbye Time Splitters, Hello Too Hum... sorry just threw up in my mouth a little.

[quote name='lakers2008']will buy tomorrow[/quote]

NO!!! Dear god for the love of everything holy save yourself from this terrible game! Rent first so you're not disappointed. You will be anyway but at least you wasted six bucks instead of twenty.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually found the combat system refreshing. Loved the graphics, and I thought the world was pretty cool, though the storyline itself was kind of lacking.

I'm kind of a loot whore though. If you like the Diablo-style games, you'll really like it.

[quote name='lakers2008']will buy tomorrow[/QUOTE]

As long as your not buying it in store. Wal-Mart doesn't match their online prices, and It's $39.92 in store. Chose the site to store option or have it delievered to your home.

You might want to put in the opening post that they also have Unreal Tournament III for $16.82 also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good game but think will collect dust after few shots.
iy.gif

iy.gif

I liked the first area/chapter/whatever a lot, but got creamed instantly in the second area with both classes I tried, so gave up.

[quote name='samurai388']Yep, I felt like I was banging my head against a wall for ten hours. It took me longer cause at first I was enthusiastic and tried to find everything, that ended after the first "level". What I don't understand however is how this did better than Haze when they are on par with each other in crappiness. Goodbye Time Splitters, Hello Too Hum... sorry just threw up in my mouth a little.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have to ask: How did you come to that comparison? You know Free Radical did Haze and TimeSplitters, right?

From what I've played of the demo, I think this game is definitely worth the $20. Granted I haven't played a dungeon hack type game in like 5 years, but this should fit the bill.

I kind of feel bad for this game... for what it is, it's really not too bad. I think part of the harsh criticism it receives is due to it's extraordinarily long development cycle and cost. People just expected the moon and sun and this game obviously didn't deliver. But it's still far from being the next Diablo or anything.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']
This gen's Advent Rising.[/quote]

:cry: Ohh please don't stir back up that tragic event.

I played the Demo for too human and it wasent that bad, clunky but pretty fun.
But the demo only lasted an hour.
If the game is 8-10 hours and pretty much just more of the same, i can see how it can get bad.

No go for me, too broke to gamble on a maybe Ok game.

Loved the heck out of this game. It had it's bugs and it's flaws, but it was one dungeon crawler that I just ate up. I found I was spending more time in the inventory screens than actual gameplay. If you don't carefully manage your inventory, expect a very rough time. If you're a 100% completion person, expect tons and tons of replay out of it.

If you want a more entertaining hack & slash game pick up Kingdom Under Fire: CoD or Ninety Nine Nights. I'm sure there's a couple more I'm missing out on as well. Too Human was a disaster.

Well, I'm in for a copy. I love Diablo-style games, so I'm sure I'll at least enjoy the game.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Gaming-Module']What makes this even less appealing is that it's a game designed with a trilogy in mind, and considering the dismal sales sequels are probably never going to happen.

This gen's Advent Rising.[/quote]

Oh man, if Too Human is this gen's Advent Rising, I need to buy it ASAP. Advent Rising was one of last generation's best games, in my opinion. Yeah it had some technical problems (which were blown WAY out of proportion), but every other part of the game made up for it.

I've played the demo of Too Human a few times, and while I didn't like it at first, I really started to warm up to it. It seems to be a love it or hate it type game, and I think I'm leaning more toward the former. Some people say it's awful, while others have put 100+ hours into it. Seems like it was a mainstream disaster, but a cult hit.

[quote name='chimpian']i thought the demo was good BUT this seems like a $10 game to me.
But we are getting close...
very close.

PS for $2 less you can have it shipped to you, used from familyvideo.com

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_used.php?products_id=-274702

use code FREESHIP

enjoy[/quote]

Was going to mention this.

Wow, $20 too much for a game that's not quite 6 months old is too much. :applause: LOVE IT! This site has the perfect name.

I've been sitting on a $10 walmart.com gift card since the Smash Brothers preorder thing and I finally used it for this, of all things. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='emperordahc']Loved the heck out of this game. It had it's bugs and it's flaws, but it was one dungeon crawler that I just ate up. I found I was spending more time in the inventory screens than actual gameplay. If you don't carefully manage your inventory, expect a very rough time. If you're a 100% completion person, expect tons and tons of replay out of it.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with emperordahc. I love Silicon Nights (Eternal Darkness is one of my favorite games...EVER!). So I was looking forward to the game before it came out. But with all the delays, hype & crap reviews, I thought it was going to be bad, but since I only ended up spending $6.00 on it (got it in Dec. @ Amazon & had a $18.00 GC), I felt it was a pretty fun game. Hack & Slash with guns & lasers. :D

[quote name='danh920']how are the achievements in this?[/QUOTE]

Got MOST of the achievements just by playing the game. Some are really easy. However, you do have to put some time in to get some of them.

[quote name='danh920']how are the achievements in this?[/quote]

Most achievements can be gained without too much effort just by playing. There are a few like epic armor and level 3 charm that will take you awhile to get. I would say it's a easy 900 points.

Game was not very enjoyable though, a good rent maybe but not a purchase.

Actually, I liked this game alot & for $20 that's quite a bargain. If you guys are interested in this game, pick it up, no doubt.

Nice find.

I liked it a lot and only the constant cheap deaths marred it for me. It's easy up to a point (even with inventory management), then *wham* - Valkyrie scene every few minutes. It would also be much cooler if you had the option for the story scenes in co-op. wtf is up with that? I'm around level 35-36 and will get back to it when I hear that a sequel is actually being made...

Oh, and I loved Advent Rising too. :)

[quote name='Zaggart']I liked it a lot and only the constant cheap deaths marred it for me. It's easy up to a point (even with inventory management), then *wham* - Valkyrie scene every few minutes.[/quote]

I've seen that Valkyrie one too many times. And once your inventory is exploding with soo much loot and strange long titles like Wrathful Godgiven Ornate Mace of the Seering Mind Flayer, you have to take a step back and equip stuff every 30 min instead of EVERY time you pick something up. Or else you'll spend more than half the game waiting for a freakin slow menu to load.

But thanks OP. I'm gonna repurchase this game since my friends suddenly found an interest in it.

I jumped on it. Been waiting for a good deal...$10 or $15 would have been a no-brainer, but the demo was entertaining, and the achievements seem fun, so why not? Thanks OP!

[quote name='Camwi']Ok, I have to ask: How did you come to that comparison? You know Free Radical did Haze and TimeSplitters, right?[/quote]

Yes I do know that but Free Radical was doing another Time Splitters. Their past games were actually for the most part really good, that's why so many people were suprised Haze sucked so bad. In FRD's defense Haze was made into something entirely different than it was supposed to be by the publishers and was rushed out the door. If they would have given Haze a little more time to work out the kinks it wouldn't have been so bad. All I was saying was that Too Human and Haze are IMHO both 5/10's at best and both could have used more time.

[quote name='samurai388']Yes I do know that but Free Radical was doing another Time Splitters. Their past games were actually for the most part really good, that's why so many people were suprised Haze sucked so bad. In FRD's defense Haze was made into something entirely different than it was supposed to be by the publishers and was rushed out the door. If they would have given Haze a little more time to work out the kinks it wouldn't have been so bad. All I was saying was that Too Human and Haze are IMHO both 5/10's at best and both could have used more time.[/QUOTE]

I liked Haze more than any of the Call of Duty games (or Halo 1, haven't played 2-3). And roughly the same as Gears of War 1, so :p :D

Too Human was actually pretty intriguing at first, but got crazy hard right at the start of the second level :whistle2:/

bread's done
Back