CAGcast #149: Sucker Punched!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]I don't remember what we talked about, but you can be sure it was awesome and included the latest shopping and industry news, new releases, your questions from the CAGbag and much more!

Get a free trial of Netflix and support the CAGcast:
www.netflix.com/cagcast

[podcast]52[/podcast]
Download - 83 minutes, 33MB
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking..."Hmmm wonder if the CAGcast was released yet for this week?"...Lo and behold...there she was. Thanks Cheapy.

i love cherry tomatoes, but what the f!!K lol. There should be a "what cha watch?" segment on the show. stuweekly? damm you were a regular Ron Jeremy in college huh? :lol:

Cheapy, I don't think people are giving Rusty crap because it's a "sub-par" Killzone 2. I think they're giving him crap because the fallout from the UGO-1up buyout is still going on, mainly against Rusty. Also, people are complaining about reviewers saying Killzone 2 is the best looking console game ever, but yet they mark it down for being 'too clean' and give it a lower score graphically than some games, namely Grand Theft Auto 4.

Great show, loved the maid story though you better watch out CheapyD she knows where you live (and where you keep your knives).

As of the discussion of Far Cry 2 i totally agree. I just picked it up from Blockbuster on sale and found it frustrating as hell, especially the fact that as soon as you take someone down all the enemies know where you are (even through trees and shrubs). I think it will be my first trade on Goozex EU.

Funny, I didn't know that saving was an issue in the console version of Far Cry 2. You should play it on PC. F5 to quicksave anywhere, any time. The safehouses still exist, but I only use them to get the enemies out of the area or to get some free guns, and to change the time of day, of course.

You can save through the menu any time, too. You aren't just limited to quicksave.

And Crytek didn't make Far Cry 2.

[quote name='Sokkratez']Funny, I didn't know that saving was an issue in the console version of Far Cry 2. You should play it on PC. F5 to quicksave anywhere, any time. The safehouses still exist, but I only use them to get the enemies out of the area or to get some free guns, and to change the time of day, of course.

You can save through the menu any time, too. You aren't just limited to quicksave.

And Crytek didn't make Far Cry 2.[/quote]
Interesting to hear that about the PC version. Yeah, we corrected ourselves and said they made FC1.

Cheapy, remember when you said you wouldn't burp on the Cagcast because it was disgusting? Keep your promise. Also thanks for B-Day shout out Wombat.

Wow I'm impressed. I had no idea you guys had such powerful connections inside the gaming industry. In CAGcast #148 you announced the Rockstar guys were working on a Red Dead Revolver sequel and here it is just made public! Nicely done gentlemen. I hope in the future you further leverage those insider ties so that we can see more CAGcast exclusive leaks of unannounced projects.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57084

Cheapy, what on earth.. Been lurking here for a fair while listening to cagcast but this show made me register just to post a comment.

Take your wife's advice and get rid of that psycho lady house cleaner, how the hell did you let this person in your house? btw all the talk of spaghetti meatballs and Nick Tahou's Garbage plate has made me hungry. Keep up the great work with the site and podcast even though i don't post here I'm still supporting you guys by listening to the cagcast which is awesome _b

So in the beginning Cheapy mentions how the Transformers Movie made his stomach churn and I was sure it was going to be a segue into more dookie talk.

I liked Transformers.. I was just pissed they didn't have Soundwave in the movie, since he was such an integral part to the Decepticons.

[quote name='usickenme']No one over 30 should be bragging about how much pull they had in their frat.[/QUOTE]

but it was the only time I have ever had any Pull, so I will bring it up all the time muaahhhhahaha

[quote name='Wombat']but it was the only time I have ever had any Pull, so I will bring it up all the time muaahhhhahaha[/QUOTE]

fair enough...

I am making my way through Farcry 2 as well. To me, the whole people you encounter while driving is like an RPG random battle- annoying as fuck. I wouldn't mind it as much if every battle didn't play out the same... Jump up to the turret, shoot the guy in the other turret, shoot the driver as he gets out of the jeep, Jump out of my car and fix it or steal his and continue on the mission.

However, the setting is so cool and the action is so good, that I keep coming back. Just in small pieces

[quote name='DJSteel']I liked Transformers.. I was just pissed they didn't have Soundwave in the movie, since he was such an integral part to the Decepticons.[/quote]

I liked it too but I think that's partly due to the fact that once Micheal 'I can't keep a camera steady' Bay my expectations went way down.

Enjoyed the games-lite cagcast. Loved the nanny story. Made me think of the one scene from Lost in Translation where that one chick wants Bill Murray to rip her stalking.

I'm in support of Ron doing a show but I think you need someone else on to keep an even keel, otherwise it'll get real creepy real quick. You know a straight man to lighten Ron's darker humor. I don't think you could subject poor Shipwreck to that, but a Suttner type would be good.

[quote name='usickenme']fair enough...

I am making my way through Farcry 2 as well. To me, the whole people you encounter while driving is like an RPG random battle- annoying as fuck. I wouldn't mind it as much if every battle didn't play out the same... Jump up to the turret, shoot the guy in the other turret, shoot the driver as he gets out of the jeep, Jump out of my car and fix it or steal his and continue on the mission.

However, the setting is so cool and the action is so good, that I keep coming back. Just in small pieces[/quote]

Have to agree with you guys on that annoyance, I actually eventually stopped playing for that reason, it just simply got too annoying.

Please no more college sexual conquest stories. Not a prude, but the mental image made me vomit in my mouth a little.

Sure this podcast is about video games but I love the stories you guys tell before it all starts!

I highly suggest doing a spin off show of just your rants and stories :]

Wow that glass ass was insane...I've seen hundreds of videos of people dying, ogreish, 4 chan
but wow this was bad...not sure if it's on purpose but seriously it's fucken fucked up

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, just wanted to point out that I'm from England and I've never heard and one pronounce beta "beeta". I pronounce it "bayta".

Well, I'm sitting in my computer math class listening to this CAGcast at around 1 hour, 16 minutes in and my bro sends me a text message. On my phone I read, quote: "I think cheapy D farts at 21:25 its quiet but distinct. You can also sense that his voice strains a little right before."
SO... I immediately tracked my Zune 30 to 21:20 and listen... and yes. He's right. At 21:25, Cheapy, you farted a quiet squeeker on the air and the microphone picked it up. You should feel ashamed...

... Just kidding, it was hillarious. Even more so hillarious was knowing my bro had to send me a text telling me about it -- and that we were both listening to it at the same time was also impressive.

1233001210809.jpg

INTRO
INTRO
INTRO
INTRO

1: Thorbahn, grats with your birthday.
2: Glassass ruined my day, i just can't get the picture out of my head.
3: Equally disgusting, Cheapy seems to burp quite often on shows lately.
4: Wombat is awesome.

[quote name='TiE23']Well, I'm sitting in my computer math class listening to this CAGcast at around 1 hour, 16 minutes in and my bro sends me a text message. On my phone I read, quote: "I think cheapy D farts at 21:25 its quiet but distinct. You can also sense that his voice strains a little right before."
SO... I immediately tracked my Zune 30 to 21:20 and listen... and yes. He's right. At 21:25, Cheapy, you farted a quiet squeeker on the air and the microphone picked it up. You should feel ashamed...

... Just kidding, it was hillarious. Even more so hillarious was knowing my bro had to send me a text telling me about it -- and that we were both listening to it at the same time was also impressive.[/QUOTE]

Holy Crap! I just heard it too, and it is awesome.

[quote name='kashwashwa']If I'm not mistaken, Bioware is located in Edmonton... there aint nothing for you in Edmonton.[/quote]

Yeah it is located in Edmonton. I had to go there once for work, lets just say that there's not much to do except freezing your shaq-fuing butt off. Also theres a giant mall, but the same stores repeat over and over again.

Why don't you guys get Rusty on the CAGcast? You guys always go on about how he is a nice guy and you need to have more guest on show.

Also thanks Wombat for the Smodcast recommendation.

bread's done
Back